Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

World of Darkness Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines 2 from Hardsuit Labs

Herumor

Scholar
Is it just me or does anyone else feel the voice acting in this trailer is super shit?

Honestly, can't even recall what most of them sound in the trailer and I watched it 10 minutes ago. Other than that roommate with afro, his voice is very irritating.

Delterius

Arcane

CyberModuled

Arbiter
tbh, I was just reminded of Nox Harrington more than anything with him (albeit much worse voice acting)

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Little rough around the edges in spots but holy shit, I thought it looked great overall visually. Not gonna judge writing and gameplay on a trailer like that.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Haha, all you people expected Mitsoda to be a good writer. It's like you didn't play Dead State.

Somehow has worse facial animations than the first game.

The fact that they can't match the polish of the facial animations of the predecessor, a fucking Source game, is pretty disappointing.

As I've mentioned before, Valve put a lot of effort into making sure Source had great, easy-to-use facial animation tools. Unreal doesn't have this, nor will it ever.

Even though it's an utter pain to use, Hardsuit should have gone with licensing Source anyway because of the expectations. :M

ga♥

Arcane
Vatnik
Ok, I thought the missing third person would be unbearable. But the trailer looks good so far...
It just needs some good chars... I hope that giraffe chick is not the new Jeanette.

Ibn Sina

Arbiter
Patron
Strap Yourselves In

Are those the same dance moves used in Bloodlines 1? Timestamped it.

Those are moves from an aerobic class in a gym ported into a dance floor... Nothing like knocking all those around you in the club with your elbows and your arms.

S.torch

Arbiter
Ok, I thought the missing third person would be unbearable. But the trailer looks good so far...
It just needs some good chars... I hope that giraffe chick is not the new Jeanette.

wait, what? there will not be third person? why? the first game is like from ten years ago and have both cameras

Terenty

Liturgist
Haha, all you people expected Mitsoda to be a good writer. It's like you didn't play Dead State

Its actually a myth perpetuated on this forum that Mitsoda is a great writer, when in reality even the first bloodlines was full of thinly veiled exposition dumps all over the place. The only thing that was good character wise in the game was face animation and voice acting and that wasnt Mitsoda's work

Okagron

Prophet
Is it just me or does anyone else feel the voice acting in this trailer is super shit? It is like they picked some randos off the street to read those lines.
Yeah, it doesn't sound as good as the voice acting in the original. The voice acting of the original is fantastic, i was expecting subpar voice acting because the game came out in a time where good voice acting in videogames was still rare, but it blew me away honestly. John DiMaggio as Smiling Jack was honestly amazing.

Last edited:

Covenant

Savant
What the fuck is it with modern trailers and everything being from a cutscene? Even the gameplay trailer is full of mini-cutscenes.

Anyway, looks shitty. The triumph of its predecessor was in creating a low-key, cool atmosphere that you wanted to immerse yourself into, and having the freedom to do that in a variety of ways. Whereas this one just screams 'You can be a fucking cool vampire man, you can do parkour shit and blow people up with your hands and anything you like! Buy our game and we'll call you Ebony Nightshade in real life, for real dawg! It's EPIC.'

To be fair, none of that was a surprise, but the voice acting was actually worse than I was expecting. Everyone's giving it their whole 'Showing off for the kids in the drama class' thing, aren't they? The first game held a lot of its charm in the laconic delivery of both its plot and its characters. Replacing it with enthusiasm doesn't really fit the whole 'We're undead parasites lurking in the shadows of a crapsack world' thing, in my opinion.

anvi

Prophet
Village Idiot
h00mb7.jpg

It is ok, even if the game is boring, it will be a valuable going outside simulator for British people.

Yosharian

Arcane
The trailer made me realize how fucking great Source engine is for facial animation. Holy shit. How come not a single one could get above that level?
Hard to appreciate just how creative and smart Valve was in the Half-Life/Half-Life 2 era until you look back at Source and realise that the industry has basically gone nowhere since

Everyone just uses the same old shitty pre-made Unreal engine instead of making their own stuff

Or they're forced to use Frostbite

And Valve is now a shadow of their former selves, RIP

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Whereas this one just screams 'You can be a fucking cool vampire man, you can do parkour shit and blow people up with your hands and anything you like! Buy our game and we'll call you Ebony Nightshade in real life, for real dawg! It's EPIC.'

:M

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom