Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

World of Darkness Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines 2 from Hardsuit Labs

Sarkile

Magister
Patron
Wait didn't the world of darkness go to shit thanks to Gehenna shortly after Bloodlines? How is Damsel around? Thought the new Vampire P&P was a completely different world? Am I wrong?
Only people who are really gone are some of the older vampires who can't resist the call of Gehenna and the Sabbat who followed it willingly, trying to kill the eldest. Damsel is too young and an Anarch.

TBH we used to think Damsel was the bald brujah with bad makeup from earlier promo material so its a good thing she still looks like herself.
Yeah, they rebooted that bit of lore some time ago. I know it has already been discussed in-depth in this thread.

Harthwain

Magister
Future retribution/Retribution to cumcome rather. Sounds retarded when directly translated to english, I know. But 'nemesis' is a noun in russian. And sounds cringy as fuck - "будущая немезида". Ugh.
"Retribution is coming" sounds like the best translation. Unless it's supposed to be the Nemesis, the Greek goddess (as in: she is supposed to fulfill the role of Nemezis by dispensing retribution). In that case "Incoming Nemezis" (or "Nemezis is coming") is probably better, because it preserves the original meaning.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
TBH we used to think Damsel was the bald brujah with bad makeup from earlier promo material so its a good thing she still looks like herself.

An older and uglier version of herself, though I suppose it could have been even worse.

8w2y375586x11.png

Slaver1

Savant
Small/medium groups of ideological extremists based out of certain large American cities have horrible track records of creating video games. Now imagine a similar budget in a based European country (or even Japan) made by an equivalent sized team who have more natural sensibilities and you end up with a much different proposition.

Saerain

Augur
Patron
Small/medium groups of ideological extremists based out of certain large American cities have horrible track records of creating video games. Now imagine a similar budget in a based European country (or even Japan) made by an equivalent sized team who have more natural sensibilities and you end up with a much different proposition.
CDPR, Bloober, Nine Dots, Ice-Pick Lodge, Piranha Bytes... even Spiders, Funcom, or Arkane. Yes, I do believe you have a point.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
>Japs
>"Natural sensibilities"

:hahano:

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
she still looks like herself
She doesn't.
Correct - she doesn't look like a party balloon with googly eyes sharpied on any more. The graphics are higher fidelity, we're going to see wrinkles, faces with shapes besides "circle", noses with shapes besides "line", etc. You'll have to learn to live with it somehow.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Bad Sector's post is correct: It's a reasonable adaptation of Damsel's appearance to a more realistic, less stylized graphical style. Could they have made her hawter? Certainly. But the people who are saying "that looks nothing like Damsel wtf" are being silly.

Nano

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Strap Yourselves In
It's a reasonable adaptation of Damsel's appearance to a more realistic, less stylized graphical style.
No, it isn't. There are middle-aged women who look younger than BL2 Damsel, never mind the fact that she's supposed to be college-aged.

Last edited:

S.torch

Arbiter
No, she is not "realistic".
No, she doesn't look like the old Damsel.

How many excuses some of you will make to try to hide the obvious? She was made uglier. That's it. Just like in many other games where devs go out of their way to make ugly characters, see Outer Worlds, recent Mortal Kombat and Resident Evill games. Developers themselves admited openly that they made their characters uglier on purpose.

Yet, some of you will insult our intelligence trying to hide the obvious behind petty excuses than don't hold themselves even for a second.

Last edited:

Delterius

Arcane
It's a reasonable adaptation of Damsel's appearance to a more realistic, less stylized graphical style.
No, it isn't. There are middle-aged women who look younger than BL2 Damsel, never mind the fact that she's supposed to college-aged.
we can't all be 10/10s like ur mom

ha ha ha

She was made uglier.

She was never meant to be a sexpot, like Tourette or VV.

i raise you a venus

Saerain

Augur
Patron
No, it isn't. There are middle-aged women who look younger than BL2 Damsel, never mind the fact that she's supposed to college-aged.
Well, college-aged and dead.

I'm not gonna say she looks good, but I might question whether she, specifically, should. Not even Toreador master race.

Delterius

Arcane

I'm not gonna say she looks good, but I might question whether she, specifically, should. Not even Toreador master race.
actually, giving 3d women nose shaped noses is how one kills western civilization

its nearly as bad as a crime as raping 3d women but we aren't feminists tbh

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Developers themselves admited openly that they made their characters uglier on purpose.

That may be true, but not sure it's correct in this particular case, a game where people have reacted to certain female characters like this:

Like, there are "hotties" in this game. They're selling a figurine of one of them in the Collector's Edition! Maybe they're hot in a more realistic way, but it's not a drab ugly people game.

Nano

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Strap Yourselves In

What are you even on about? This is the vampire genre, not zombies.

ZagorTeNej

Arcane
She was made uglier.

She was never meant to be a sexpot, like Tourette or VV.

Yeah, but she was still a cute, cool looking college chick type you'd flirt with. She certainly wasn't plain unattractive like she is now.

This has nothing to with more realistic graphics approach or some other bullshit excuse either. It's not a deal breaker or anything but no need to pretend.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom