Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Wasteland Wasteland 2 Pre-Release Discussion Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I was just trying to "illustrate" Lhynn's point a little better
Yeah, it worked. I actually understood how that could possibly make sense thanks to you. Cheers.

I also agree with Roguey that the beta should be feature complete, and adding more shit would just delay the release and add untested, potentially bug riddled features.
I'm interested to see what they've got so far ... if they've got something releasable, we may as well see it.
I do hope and expect that the stuff they add after that will be vetted just as stringently by QA and testers as the stuff that's in now though.
I will also be righteously annoyed if any skills get dropped at this point.

Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

Dude was never aiiight wit dat decision n' had Slim Tim Cain tell our asses bout his fuckin lousy scam well up in advizzle so they could cut it early.

If they feel as though it deserves mo' features while they're playin it, then they'll add some. But a funky-ass bunch of playas demandin one when they're up in tha process of polish n' bug-fixin isn't goin ta happen. I aint talkin' bout chicken n' gravy biatch fo' realz. At best, they'll put it up in tha to-do list fo' tha expansion.

:lol:

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire

Yo, wuz crackalackin', biatch? Yo ass is smokin rpgcodex.net, a joint all bout discussin computer based role-playin game up in a gangbangin' free n' open fashion. I aint talkin' bout chicken n' gravy biatch. We less strict than other forums yo, but please refer ta tha rulez.

"This message be awaitin moderator approval": All freshly smoked up playas must pass all up in our moderation queue before they is ghon be able ta post normally. Until yo' account has "passed" yo' posts will only be visible ta yo ass (and moderators) until they is approved. Y'all KNOW dat shit, muthafucka! Give our asses a week ta git round ta approvin / deletin / ignorin yo' mundane opinion on crap before hasslin our asses bout dat shit. Once you have passed tha moderation period (think of it as a test), yo big-ass booty is ghon be able ta post normally, just like all tha other retards.

:lol: This is the best part. We should make it official.

Saduj

Arcane
Yes, the ebonics thing is amusing.

But the bigger news here is that Roguey is now being lauded for derailing a thread.

Achievement Unlocked

coffeetable

Savant
Stances, especially crouching, are a precious and important part of immurshun when it comes to tactical rpgs set in a technologically advanced world

because only in a technologically advanced world can people crouch

it's truly a triumph of the 20th century

Lhynn

Arcane
Stances, especially crouching, are a precious and important part of immurshun when it comes to tactical rpgs set in a technologically advanced world

because only in a technologically advanced world can people crouch

it's truly a triumph of the 20th century
:rpgcodex: Fucking people raising fucking stupid points because they are bored, thats the biggest "triumph" of the 20th century. In a modern or futuristic setting where ranged combat dominates stuff like crouching are both essential and basic, and if i need to tell you why, then fuck you.

coffeetable

Savant
as opposed to all those important points you're busy debating. here. in the computer role playing game internet forum.

sea

inXile Entertainment
Developer
http://www.polygon.com/2013/11/29/5131286/kickstarter-developers-in-the-age-of-crowdfunding
Not every developer has experienced egregious issues in managing their campaigns. Thomas Beekers, line producer at inXile Entertainment, told Polygon that in the time during and since the studio's two Kickstarter campaigns — for Wasteland 2 and Torment: Tides of Numenara — there have been no issues within the community with disruptive backers. The studio also has had no trouble navigating the community using the tools already available them.

"Our backer community is made up of passionate RPG fans that love and know this genre very well," he said. "They're engaged and critical, but in constructive and supportive ways. We haven't really heard any horror stories to be honest."
What up, Codex? :troll:

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
One game developer, who spoke to Polygon under the promise of anonymity, was repeatedly subjected to harassment and libelous statements by one Kickstarter backer, and said they felt utterly powerless to do anything about the situation. The Kickstarter campaign allowed the individual in question a public forum with which to get in touch with the developer — and Kickstarter did not give the developer moderation tools required to remove him from the game's community.

"I was beside myself," the developer said. "What do you do in that situation? Do I contact a lawyer?"
Brenda and Cleve? :)

TwinkieGorilla

does a good job.
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath
"Da fact dat dat schmoooove muthafucka hasn't already is clear indication dat inXile isn't anywhere close ta bein strapped fo' chedda."

I just want it to go on record that in a parallel universe Infinitron referred to Brian Fargo as "dat schmooove muthafucka". :cool:

Ninjerk

Arcane
http://www.polygon.com/2013/11/29/5131286/kickstarter-developers-in-the-age-of-crowdfunding
Not every developer has experienced egregious issues in managing their campaigns. Thomas Beekers, line producer at inXile Entertainment, told Polygon that in the time during and since the studio's two Kickstarter campaigns — for Wasteland 2 and Torment: Tides of Numenara — there have been no issues within the community with disruptive backers. The studio also has had no trouble navigating the community using the tools already available them.

"Our backer community is made up of passionate RPG fans that love and know this genre very well," he said. "They're engaged and critical, but in constructive and supportive ways. We haven't really heard any horror stories to be honest."
What up, Codex? :troll:
Didn't hiver get banned recently...?

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Didn't hiver get banned recently...?
Yeah, but he wasn't banned for being unconstructive or too critical. His criticisms, though often harsh, were largely very lucid and well-reasoned. He was banned for being a fuckface.

Last edited:

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
When speaking in generalities of community reaction I don't think it's necessary to point out a few assholes. The communities for all Kickstarter projects have been remarkably constructive and patient overall.

Seerix

Arbiter
One game developer, who spoke to Polygon under the promise of anonymity, was repeatedly subjected to harassment and libelous statements by one Kickstarter backer, and said they felt utterly powerless to do anything about the situation. The Kickstarter campaign allowed the individual in question a public forum with which to get in touch with the developer — and Kickstarter did not give the developer moderation tools required to remove him from the game's community.

"I was beside myself," the developer said. "What do you do in that situation? Do I contact a lawyer?"

Fucking internet noob thinks he's being harrased because somebody's saying bad words to him on a forum. :roll: Some of those "developers" are hilarious.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
"I can't force someone to stop saying things that I don't like and believe they shouldn't be allowed to say. This is an outrage—which government organization can force them to be silent on my behalf?" —fascist police state enthusiasts who usually describe themselves as "liberal"

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom