Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Worst moment in a cRPG

kingcomrade

Kingcomrade
Edgy
Will you idiots stop using that 4chan fuu picture, for the same fucking reason as :smug: not a damn one of you uses it in a way that isn't "my point is really weak and kind of stupid look at this picture XD"

The Vault 101 section of Fallout 3 was bad just because you couldn't skip it, or skip the cutscenes, or anything. Fallout 1, as soon as you hit MAKE MY CHARACTAR you were sitting right outside the vault and could go wherever.

Fallout 2's temple of trials sucks on all of the levels a video game section can suck.

Angthoron

Arcane
Realizing that M&M6 and M&M7 follow the same basic pattern of "Find dudes, unite dudes, kill bad dudes yourself in the end anyway so why the hell did I just unite everyone for anyway" was pretty discouraging.

flabbyjack

Arcane
Fallout 3. The all-consuming disappointment after stepping out of the vault and into the wasteland, followed by the meager(yet unfulfilled) hope that there will eventually be a redeeming quality somewhere in the rest of the game.

FML <- From Postal 2

Texas Red

Whiner
In DA I got a random encounter where an NPC was assaulted by 3 thugs. I came over to the NPC to see what's going on and I get a popup saying to log in to Bioware and purchase an addon to continue with this side quest :?

Micmu

Magister
Dark Individual said:
In DA I got a random encounter where an NPC was assaulted by 3 thugs. I came over to the NPC to see what's going on and I get a popup saying to log in to Bioware and purchase an addon to continue with this side quest :?
Yeah that was really low. I remember this one. There was a dialogue option "BUY DLC TO RESURRECT NPC!!11" :shock::shock::shock: :roll:
Just tells you what kind of INTERGALACTIC SHIT you are dealing with.

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Challenge of the Five Realms: a game breaking bug crashing the game halfway through.

Fallout 2: Temple of Trials

First Ultima 8 and then Ultima 9...

The first time I loaded up Oblivion/Fallout 3/Dragon Age ...

denizsi

Arcane
This thread is a testament to how CRPGs are such a frustrating hobby.

Konjad said:
SEWERS IN BLOODLINES FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

:RAGE:

Other than that there wasn't really anything special.

And the sewers in Arcanum.

And the sewers in BG.

Oblivion. The moment that realized that the rest of the game would be just as dull, banal boring shit after I climbed up out of the sewers and entered the city. I wasn't expecting a good game but wasn't expecting a soul leeching boredom simulation either.

Percy said:
For mine it is in fallout3 where you go to that town founded by kids and couldnt rape them. FFS.

Fixed :smug:

micmu said:
Dark Individual said:
Yeah that was really low. I remember this one. There was a dialogue option "BUY DLC TO RESURRECT NPC!!11" :shock::shock::shock: :roll:
Just tells you what kind of INTERGALACTIC SHIT you are dealing with.

Holy cow! I had all the DLCs without removing anything from the inventory so I never knew about this stuff and it is as bas as the mock-up picture in Oblivion Soviet Posters thread, with the figure saying "You can go through this door for $5 comrade!". It's creepy how some of those pics are only seemingly absurd in retrospect.

In My Safe Space
Codex 2012
Dark Individual said:
Wow, that's pretty fucked up.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
Dark Individual said:

Haha holy shit. This stuff wasn't supposed to be intrusive, they said, but I knew it was bullshit.

ksjav

Scholar
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014
So what was so bad about Black Mountain mines, I only remember uninstalling Arcanum as soon as I reached them. :?

TwinkieGorilla

does a good job.
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath
most hilariously bad moment:

when Leilanna starts singing in DA. i couldn't stop lol'ing.

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Fallout 1: goddamn rats at the beginning, made me drop the game once (true story, came back later).
Fallout 2: Temple of Trials.
Baldurs Gate 2: Irenicus Dungeon number one (see the pattern here?)
IWD2: that goddamn forest labyrinth
ToEE: the first town was horribad
Arcanum: those goddamn mines
DA: derp roads

RuySan

Augur
Wiz 8: That city in a tree was incredibly annoying. It was kinda interesting the first time, but a slog each time i had to return to it.

Deleted member 7219

Percy said:
For mine it is in fallout3 where you go to that town founded by kids and couldnt kill them. FFS.

There is a mod that fixes that. I enjoyed planting a grenade on Bumble and watching her blow into pieces.

Arrcanum as a whole. Its a spiral down the drain from the nice character creation screen to the turd of an end.

Darth Roxor

Rattus Iratus
Staff Member
ScottishMartialArts said:
So was I the only one that liked the IWD2 Forest area? It had great atmosphere and felt like something out of a medieval folktale.

I also liked it. Shit was pretty trippin', and I especially liked how useful tracking was in there.

Wulfstand

Prophet
Darth Roxor said:
ScottishMartialArts said:
So was I the only one that liked the IWD2 Forest area? It had great atmosphere and felt like something out of a medieval folktale.

I also liked it. Shit was pretty trippin', and I especially liked how useful tracking was in there.

Me three!

ElectricOtter

DraQ said:
Luzur said:
Oblivion.
All of it, starting when you first saw Uriel VII The Senile, then getting progressively worse.
Exactly at first I was like :? at the setting change, but I bought it anyway, expecting something like Daggerfall. I started up a new game, watched the intro movie (which was pretty cool). Made a character, but didn't like how they changed the Argonians. Didn't like the dialogue between you and Uriel Septim, but kept going. Eventually I rage quitted right after class selection and didn't touch it for a month. I finally came back to it. That was the worst mistake I ever made :cry:

admittedly, i did play with cheats and the imperial city was crushed under the rage of the fists of my blue, pink-haired wood elf

EDIT:
cliffracerswarm.jpg
:codexrage:
pfft, the cliff racers were no match for my custom 50 ft. fireball

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
TOB: The 'revelation' of Melissan being the 'villain'.

BG series: Minsc being a fake ranger.

ME2: The ruined character system.

AP: The stupid hacking mini game. Worst. mini game. ever.

FO: being 'raped' by a mutant with no way to defend yourself.

PST: Finding out Annah had sex with her adoptive father and now wants tos crew her new father figure.

BL: The sewers.

NWN OC: Not being able to reveal the betrayer the moment you figure it out.

TOEE: The 100th bugbear encounter & the lame ass 'gay' pirate.

Wulfstand

Prophet
Not my worst moment in playing crpgs, but still lulz worthy, is when i saw that both in bg 1 (i believe, haven't replayed the first as many times as I did the 2nd) and in bg 2 Minsc's ragdoll had white hair :lol: The fucks couldn't make him a custom bald head or something. I'd especially give him the first helmet I'd find in the game just to try and forget of that white fucking hair.

By far, my most cringeworthy moment in any crpg I've EVER played was while I was playing the last (3rd, was it?) chapter of NWN 2's OC. COCKSUCKINGMOTHERFUCKINGSKULLHEADS
:codexrage:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom