Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

KickStarter ATOM RPG - Wasteland Soviet style!

Discussion in 'General RPG Discussion' started by Atomboy, Oct 1, 2016.

?

Will you back?

Poll closed Nov 28, 2017.
  1. I will consider it!

39 vote(s)
    54.9%
  2. No! I would never!..

9 vote(s)
    12.7%
  3. kingcomrade

23 vote(s)
    32.4%
  1. ERYFKRAD Barbarian Patron

ERYFKRAD
    Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
    hold left click in a a fight.

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    ^ Top  
  2. Iluvcheezcake Learned

Iluvcheezcake
    or give em long range rifles

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  3. Luckmann Arcane Zionist Agent

Luckmann
    How will this magically help me? Holding left-click in a fight would make no difference. But if you're referring to giving orders to CNPCs, I already am, and it rarely helps, since they'll run to wherever you want them to run, waste a turn (even if you only want them to take one step, they're going to spend their entire turn doing that and proceed to do nothing else), and then immediately resume being fucking retarded. Sticking to this kind of system was quite simply fucking stupid.
    They'll still stand in eachother's ways and shoot at eachother in straight lines, and keep standing there, shooting friends or getting shot at by friends. It helps only marginally. It's especially funny when someone straight-up blows the head off a friendly with a Dragunov.

Jesus Christ I regret not going for sniping myself, because then at least you could initiate combat effectively at long range, and then tell your team to set up as the enemy runs into your traps. Some basic commands like Hold Position, or "Go there", both in combat and out of combat, would be helpful, but it's really just different ways to put a band-aid on a stab wound.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Brofist Brofist x 1
    • hopw roewur ne hopw roewur ne x 1
    • Yes Yes x 1
    ^ Top  
  4. Iluvcheezcake Learned

Iluvcheezcake
    Yeah i know what you mean, i restarted just for that. Dragunovs for everyone. Later on full auto if needed

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    • Merry Christmas! Merry Christmas! x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  5. fantadomat Dumbfuck! Dumbfuck Edgy

fantadomat
    Only mental people play fallout games and ATOM with companions. Just run solo!

• Brofist x 2
    • Disagree x 2
    • Funny x 1
    • Agree x 1
    • Yes x 1
    • Salute x 1
    ^ Top  
  6. Товарищ Unwanted

Unwanted
    Riddle me this, why is the SKS rolling 36 damage vs unarmored enemies on regular hits where its base damage is 11-19...

Why is there no rope anywhere near the Forrest...

^ Top  
  7. Mortmal Arcane

Mortmal
    Indeed for a commercial hub there was not much to do, that would be the perfect place to get a gaz mask too or hazmat suit, spent hours in the wastes and never got one. Yet i absolutely need one to proceed in the story.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  8. filpan Learned

filpan
    jUST JUMP FOR FUCK SAKE, YOU WONT DIE.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  9. Okagron Erudite

Okagron
    I definitely agree that gas masks and hazmat suits need to appear more often. I can't fix the generator to clear the poison air in the Death Tunnel, so i need a gas mask to go through the poison areas. So, around 25 hours and haven't gotten a single gas mask or a single merchant selling one and getting to the perk that makes immune to poison is pretty much a no go at this point, unless i wait around 10 levels to reach it, or i kill one of the garbage collectors that randomly show up in the world map.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  10. Luckmann Arcane Zionist Agent

Luckmann
    I love how the first words of the HK33 describes it as a "submachine gun", but it is classified as an automatic weapon.

Are the developers aware of what "SMG" means?

• it is a mystery it is a mystery x 3
    ^ Top  
  11. RK47 collides like two planets pulled by gravity Patron

RK47
    Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
    Hm looks like the dog is a good source of easy ruble if you visit the dog arena at Peregon.
    There's no way the dog can lose here with armor equipped. If you want to be more confident, just make it drink alcohol and eat onions pre-fight.

• Doggy x 4
    • Funny x 1
    • Rage x 1
    • Despair x 1
    • :M x 1
    ^ Top  
  12. udm Arcane Patron

udm
    Just kill em all and get that sweet hunting rifle which will serve you well for early game.

• Yes Yes x 2
    • Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  13. krilcebre Novice

krilcebre
    Holy shit, RPK 74 melts faces. It cost me an arm and a leg, but when the situation is tight, it takes most of the opponents in a single burst. Great "oh shit" weapon!

^ Top  
  14. Luckmann Arcane Zionist Agent

Luckmann
    1. Where do you get armor for your dog?
    2. You monster.

• Doggy Doggy x 3
    ^ Top  
  15. Gaius maximus Scholar

Gaius maximus
    for a shoota build how much attention is sufficient?8?

• it is a mystery it is a mystery x 1
    ^ Top  
  16. Iluvcheezcake Learned

Iluvcheezcake
    I went 1/1/3/11/11/10 with Diplomat/Lucky one. Got to lvl 5/6 by just talking, didnt fire a single bullet. Raised speech and barter to 130, sold all the random garbage to truck caravans for a proper price and bought some proper weapons. Killed the bugs around Otradnoye, learned entomologist and fished until i got the fish for +1 in dex.

• When words are not enough When words are not enough x 1
    ^ Top  
  17. filpan Learned

filpan
    I had 7 and did just fine.

^ Top  
  18. Commissar Draco KKKodex WCDS Commissar Patron

Commissar Draco
    Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
    8 will give you additional quests comrade, there is never enough of skill builds point there are checks for 11 too.

Chinese have no soul Comrade.

• Brofist Brofist x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  19. Gaius maximus Scholar

Gaius maximus
    i restarted with 5/4/10/8/8/7/1 diplomat-lone wolf,my earlier attempts always had hobby engineer but i didnt fing tech/tinkering particularly usefull(up until roaring forest).

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  20. Atomboy Atom Team Developer

Atomboy
    Hey hey hey guys! Proper replies to everyone coming soon (maybe today) currently I only have time to address this post because we're bugfixing the BBQ joint currently!

Can you please elaborate on what you think was a bug here? I read this post several times but I don't quite get what you mean. The BBQ quest isn't supposed to have any connection with the Peregon power struggle quest. You just find the names of some of the politicians on a piece of paper in the BBQ joint basement and if these leaders are still alive you can try to extract some money for that list. That's all. When the postal dude asks you "what they looked like when they died" he is talking about the BBQ owners, not the Peregon politicians. You don't have to resolve the politician quest to resolve the BBQ quest and vice versa. But you say the game is making you do it? How? I ran a few tests, and the quests really aren't linked in any way.

Edit: Here is how it supposed to go. There's a weird Postal dude in Krasnoznamenny who screams that lamb chops are made out of people. When you talk to him he tells you of two guys who run a popular BBQ shack in Peregon. If you go to Peregon you can trick the guys into leaving the map, then you get into the shack, but when you get out these guys confront you, so you kill them. When you do, you go back to Krasnoznamenny and tell the postal dude "I killed the BBQ owners". He goes "What did the BBQ owners look like as you killed them?". Then he hands you some money and walks away all mysterious like.

So on what step did you get the politician killing thing? Or maybe you misread the dialogue and there is no bug? Thanks for the help anyway!

I'll get back to answer other posts soon!

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  21. Atomboy Atom Team Developer

Atomboy
    You mean DOX or previous industry experience? If the latter - our kickstarter page has that stuff!
    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/atomrpg/atom-rpg

I don't know, man. Honestly, nothing but "sorry" comes to mind. I can't tell why you and some other players get this experience. It doesn't suppose to happen, our testers don't get it. Even I don't get it when I play! But some do. Sorry for being tedious, but are you sure you're like... giving them weapons, giving them ammo, telling them not to melee, pick targets \ position for them, talk to them via dialogue to manage distance? Seriously, whenever I get a message about them shooting each other, or getting stuck, or running around, I honestly want to help out, but I can't, because they are not supposed to act like that if controlled properly! It's like a curse! A rogue line of code somewhere that messes up an actually not so bad combat system :\\ A patch coming out in a few days might solve it, since a lot of combat will be reworked in it, but still, sorry you're experiencing this stuff :(

They are basically random with caravans and some vendors. Other vendors though, pick from a pool of allowed items. But these are mostly vegetable salespeople.

It can have armor!

Gonna fix it!!

Also, on your post about Peregon that I read yesterday! The weapon salesmen tend to appear after politics are resolved. When making Peregon, we basically imagined The Hub when it was still a little baby Hub! Just making its first steps. However, there's a lot of stuff in there if you search around the ship and in the camp grounds! There are also quests that make certain NPCs appear there. We might be adding more later on.

Well, we actually draw portraits from the photos of living people, like Kovalev in Otradnoye, but since it's a long process for our artist we use stock photos as placeholders in some places. But after some time they will all be portraits drawn from pics.

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • it is a mystery it is a mystery x 1
    ^ Top  
  22. Whisper Arcane Vatnik

Whisper
    6 is ok

• Yes Yes x 1
    ^ Top  
  23. Whisper Arcane Vatnik

Whisper
    Game makes fun of "cults", also makes fun of those who stand again official science (conspirology).

But they cant hide Truth, no matter what.

• hopw roewur ne hopw roewur ne x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • not sure if serious not sure if serious x 1
    ^ Top  
  24. Vrab Educated

Vrab
    If you decide to do any kind of ability tree redesign, you should do something about the melee part of it. Number of abilities is huge, far greater than for much more useful automatic weapons or rifles, and end result of that huge investment is meh.

Speaking of which, what does that thing do that says you get +2HP when your health drops below 50%? Dog gets the same thing. Is it literally 2 hp heal? It's a bit too deep in to try out, but from the description it seems totally useless.

Also, is it out of the question to change point system to one pick per x levels? Say every other level?

Show Spoiler
    Btw really good way of discouraging caravan raiding you got there. Digging my own grave was an interesting experience. Although it says I'm left with basically nothing, while in fact much of what I had was on the ground nearby. Quest items, that's fine of course, but many other things too. All the money, equipped items and many other things were really gone though.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Yes Yes x 1
    ^ Top  
  25. Vrab Educated

Vrab
    I haven't seen the blind woman ever have a single weapon to offer. Is it connected to difficulty setting? I'm about to get there on normal and will see if so, last one was expert. Or maybe there are others I missed?

The trader in Otradnoye is also introduced as a gun salesman, but has no guns for sale until bit later in the game. This is same on expert and normal.

^ Top  

(buying stuff via the above buttons helps us pay the hosting bills, thanks!)