Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter ATOM RPG - Wasteland Soviet style! - now with Dead City update

Will you back?

• I will consider it!

Votes: 39 54.9%
  • No! I would never!..

Votes: 9 12.7%
  • kingcomrade

Votes: 23 32.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Atomboy

Atom Team
Developer
Holy shit, I think I stopped getting notifications for this thread. I'll do a reply run sometime soon.

But meanwhile, guys!

YOU DIDN'T ASK FOR IT!

And yet...

kWN-fBlghoI.jpg

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.atomrpg

It's Atom RPG mobile port-a-jank android edition!
- Play on the go like a hip youth!
- Enjoy amazing touchpad controls, NO sensory feedback whatsoever!
- Delight in all your favorite quests and misadventures with a new improved UI.
- Works on a Xiaomi;
- Shock and awe! A crpg on a platform that is not a PC? What is this madness?
- Transfer save files between games on PC and mobile!

/poorly thought through advertisement

Not gonna lie, I'm not in the market for crpgs on phones, but some of our players sure are, since we were constantly asked to port Atom on android. And we finally did it! It WAS HARD! I really hope that those who wanted it will get just what they thought they would get. And if not, we're gonna support this baby as much as we do GOG and Steam and ios versions, basically forever. Hit me up at support@atomrpg.com if it glitches out on you or if it says your phone is not supported, because this is usually a lie, it can actually run on a potato.

Atomboy

Atom Team
Developer
Now when someone asks if there's a good mobile RPG I'll actually have an answer
Thank you! I dunno how reading so much text from a phone will go with people though we tried to make it as comfortable as possible, but back when I had an actual job like sitting in an office and folding papers and doing sales, I had Icewind Dale for android on a tablet, and it kept me from offing myself. I hope Atom will do the same for all those office people out there.

Verylittlefishes

Sacro Bosco
Patron
Thank you! I dunno how reading so much text from a phone will go with people though we tried to make it as comfortable as possible, but back when I had an actual job like sitting in an office and folding papers and doing sales, I had Icewind Dale for android on a tablet, and it kept me from offing myself. I hope Atom will do the same for all those office people out there.

Trudograd out of Early Access when

Atomboy

Atom Team
Developer

Not soon! But a huge update almost out!

Verylittlefishes

Sacro Bosco
Patron

Not soon! But a huge update almost out!

ok, I am patiently waiting for the full content

chemicalnatzy

Novice
Finally! A real Fallout on the phone. You guys did a fantastic job! I just installed it on my Mi A3 and it runs good. The splash screen is a little low on FPS but it's certainly playable. I am advising all my friends to get this gem.

Sent from my Mi A3 using Tapatalk

chemicalnatzy

Novice
But why mobile? Just for shekels?
Why not? For seafarers who cannot take their laptop on the sea is great. I can also confirm that the savegames from PC are working fine and on low the game runs excellent. This is the best optimization I have seen on a mobile game.

Atomboy

Atom Team
Developer
Finally! A real Fallout on the phone. You guys did a fantastic job! I just installed it on my Mi A3 and it runs good. The splash screen is a little low on FPS but it's certainly playable. I am advising all my friends to get this gem.

Thank you! Some optimizations for that lag are coming soon!
But why mobile? Just for shekels?
Not really. Even if the current sale rates for ios and android NEVER drop, we'll only break even in ~2 years. The main 4 reasons for making it are: i don't know; we were asked to by a ton of people everywhere; because we could; awareness.
pls provide the .apk somewhere other that Google Play as well

maybe on GoG?
We're learning stuff about other apk markets rn, might go for some of those in a few weeks or months.

Well just finished ATOM, it was a blast. In addition to the well written texts and stuff like the tatoo competition (that I initially lost), I really love how people come and by in the villages. YOu keep meeting new characters while going to the same place, as if they were fellow travellers.

I am happy to say I finished the game without spoilers (I never use them - Personality build, massive amount of perfume was used in tough stop). Not IronMan at all obviously (and sadly).
I found on my own the "Talk to animal potion" recipe, the idol, the Shield and the Ghost in the metro, but knowing there was a follow-up game just before ending the game I could not resist the temptation and I collected all the missing +stats items/action (fish/tatoo which I actually had failed/weird drug) before carrying on. I had only found the first weird drug.

The pacing is solid, I was really struggling for weapons at the beginning, and once I started having some SMG I was struggling for ammo.

I executed Alexander when he told me he was a worm. I hope the fact that some of you brought the parasite to ATOM will be taken into account in Trudograd :)

I found the combat against the WoodPecker not that hard and saved everyone after an handful of quicksave/quickloading and proper preparation. The battle in the crater with the maybe 80 ghouls and the roaming bandit boss in Dead City were something different entirely though. I did the bunkers and special location in a weird order as I beelined the "healed by poison" perk so I could go directly in intensively poisonous places.
Stupid NPC AI did not bother me too much as you can direct them around. Them taking the weaker healing item when wounded (Kasparid or whatever the name is) is really retarded though.

I also finished with the POSSESSED trait and I hope there will be places where you can use the trait in Trudograd. Using it in totally random place (in the Castle for instance) was great.

Last comment Atomboy : Despite what I said earlier, I am worried about players being overpowered in Trudograd if they import their saves. I feel like imported characters should lose some skill points as they get "rusty" (I am starting with 199 in speech, I also took the "double skill point earned from book" perk ^^).

On the other hand, I wish I could keep let's say one weapon, and let's say two reload worth of ammo for that weapon
I'm really glad you enjoyed it! We've made a few changes for higher level characters who are imported, to hopefully make the game more challenging than previously. But we'll see about that! If it will be too easy, we'll think of something else before we're done.

Atomboy

Atom Team
Developer
so what about that Trudograd thing, I've heard it is pretty raw by now?
With the August 27th update, it's gonna be around 10-20 hours long depending on reading speed and exploration. Now it's like 6-8. Gonna be shorter than atom even when fully made, but way better in terms of graphics and shiet, and it will have fun times.
How much will I lose by playing this game in English/Polish?
Do not play Polish now. We were fooled by a rogue translator who fucking used google instead of actual language skills he had. Because he didn't have them. He was a con man, a hack, a fraud. He bamboozled us out of a good translation. We'll fix it. You should play Russian despite what anyone says. It's art brute, very kino!

How much will I lose by playing this game in English/Polish?

DON'T! PLAY! POLISH! Translation is beta but it looks like 100% google translate.
Yes, we were pranked. The guy said he translated the game into pure amazing Polish, but he was actually google translating. Although another set of volunteers from a Polish university translated another 50% of the game and their work is very good. But it's intermixed with pure shit. We'll fix it tho.
Is the mouse scroll backwards for anyone else?
Anyone? It's really annoying.
Pls send save to support@atomrpg.com maybe something wrong in settings! It's also better to send to support@atomrpg.com bcs I can visit Codex and social media only when I don't have work and I always have work!!!! I'm making a chinese ship later today! Full of seamen!

Atomboy

Atom Team
Developer
And you paid for the Polish fraud or it was just a volunteer ?
If we could pay, we'd hire a translator with accolades! :( The guy volunteered in exchange for place in credits, writ of recommendation, few game keys for his friends, and basically because he told us he was a fan and a true and honest pro translator and wanted to help. Well maybe he was a fan, but he sure wasn't a real Polack. I kinda hyped up the hate in the previous comment, since looking a gift horse in the mouth is bad taste, but it was really sad and annoying when all the Polish lads got disappointed. When it became obvious the translation was shit I had constant flashbacks to an old Simpsons episode where a guy's house was destroyed, so the neighbours built him a new house for free, but it had load bearing Krusty the Clown posters and non-euclidean geometry inside and doors that led nowhere, and the guys was like MY FAMILY CAN'T LIVE IN GOOD INTENTIONS! Only, I don't think it even were good intentions, or a con for that matter, I think it was something else.

GrafvonMoltke

Shoutbox Purity League
Shitposter
When it became obvious the translation was shit I had constant flashbacks to an old Simpsons episode where a guy's house was destroyed, so the neighbours built him a new house for free, but it had load bearing Krusty the Clown posters and non-euclidean geometry inside and doors that led nowhere, and the guys was like MY FAMILY CAN'T LIVE IN GOOD INTENTIONS!

Great episode.

Need any help with the English translation?

Atomboy

Atom Team
Developer
When it became obvious the translation was shit I had constant flashbacks to an old Simpsons episode where a guy's house was destroyed, so the neighbours built him a new house for free, but it had load bearing Krusty the Clown posters and non-euclidean geometry inside and doors that led nowhere, and the guys was like MY FAMILY CAN'T LIVE IN GOOD INTENTIONS!

Great episode.

Need any help with the English translation?
Ey! Thank you, but English is actually the only one where we have established translators, bcz I volunteer to make rough translation and then Scott Hamm makes it better.
We also have good French and German volunteers, they're awesome!
What a thing to troll with. Must have been annoying, still a bit funny though.
Thing is, I'm only 2 out of 10 sure it was a troll. IT'S more disturbing. I have reasons to believe the guy actually believed he knew Polish, that's the saddest part.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
By the way, now that you are here. Just wondering if you have tried a first person mode in ATOM just for shit and giggles, and if you have, what did it look like?

Atomboy

Atom Team
Developer
By the way, now that you are here. Just wondering if you have tried a first person mode in ATOM just for shit and giggles, and if you have, what did it look like?
Constantly fix the camera to be FPS-ish in Trudograd in order to make screenshots that I give to our artist as reference to draw pictures from. It really makes the game look like it was made in 2010! The lighting gets all messed up, the low poly things like weapons look like PS1 graphics, shadows get warped, women don't look as hot, though I never tried anything above low graphics settings because my pc is very old. Might look like GTA 4 on ultra-high settings for all I know. Never actually walked in first person, because I don't know how to code an fps controller in unity for our setup, and since to my knowledge no mods for fps are out there, it might be very hard! One time a programmer made the camera fps-ish and turned off turn-based combat, so everyone shot in real time. It was very realistic, since all battles ended after around 3 seconds. The turn off turn-based functionality was removed after Kickstarter though because we updated the engine and exterminated unneeded code.

ValeVelKal

Arcane
And you paid for the Polish fraud or it was just a volunteer ?
If we could pay, we'd hire a translator with accolades! :( The guy volunteered in exchange for place in credits, writ of recommendation, few game keys for his friends, and basically because he told us he was a fan and a true and honest pro translator and wanted to help. Well maybe he was a fan, but he sure wasn't a real Polack. I kinda hyped up the hate in the previous comment, since looking a gift horse in the mouth is bad taste, but it was really sad and annoying when all the Polish lads got disappointed. When it became obvious the translation was shit I had constant flashbacks to an old Simpsons episode where a guy's house was destroyed, so the neighbours built him a new house for free, but it had load bearing Krusty the Clown posters and non-euclidean geometry inside and doors that led nowhere, and the guys was like MY FAMILY CAN'T LIVE IN GOOD INTENTIONS! Only, I don't think it even were good intentions, or a con for that matter, I think it was something else.
Possibly the guy just wanted a reason to interact regularly with people he is a fan of ?

I would have thought that between Russian cost of life and how popular ATOM RPG was you would have some big cushion.

Slimu

Augur
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Atomboy I bought the mobile version and created a cloud account, into which I logged from the mobile and steam versions of the game. How can I transfer the saves to the cloud between the two devices? Also, it would be good to allow special chars in the password when registering, not only letters and digits.

I played a bit more and also have some UI suggestions:
  • move the Quest button in line with the actions
  • move the actions line a bit closer to the screen edge

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom