Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter ATOM RPG - Wasteland Soviet style! - now with Dead City update

Will you back?

• I will consider it!

Votes: 39 54.9%
  • No! I would never!..

Votes: 9 12.7%
  • kingcomrade

Votes: 23 32.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
That's one of the reasons why any sane player should stay the fuck away from the game's circus location.

Niet Comrade, you come there, do all the quests for those disgusting social parasites and then lead the Purge there in name of glorious Comrade Fist Secretary of Krasno.

:killitwithfire::imperialscum::timetoburn:

jackofshadows

Magister
Where there's xp to earn, you'll go.
Yea, not in this game, thankfully. Last time I played, I barely touched any quests, just farmed bandits for 6 hours or so in total, respecced and then proceed to my favorite part: cleaning vaults, doing tough fights and looking for missing stuff. Fuck those mutants, man.

Ol' Willy

Arcane
Zionist Agent Vatnik
That't a thing, actually: AFAIK, Fallout 2 is way more popular in Russia than Fallout 1, so all Russian-made Fallout wannabees are closer to Fallout 2 in spirit and you can forget about expecting something as moody as Fallout 1. By "closer" I mean "let's make it even more ridiculous" of course. The trend is real - Nevada, Atom, some older games we prefer not to talk about... although Sonora kinda breaks the unity.

Atomboy

Atom Team
Developer
Atomboy I bought the mobile version and created a cloud account, into which I logged from the mobile and steam versions of the game. How can I transfer the saves to the cloud between the two devices? Also, it would be good to allow special chars in the password when registering, not only letters and digits.

I played a bit more and also have some UI suggestions:
  • move the Quest button in line with the actions
  • move the actions line a bit closer to the screen edge
Eyy I hope you wrote this to our support as well because due to my job I really rarely have the time to log into the Codex, not to mention other forums except Steam and the mobile review thingy. In case you never got a reply, yoiu make a mobile account for the cloud, you go to your game on Steam or GOG and just log in and that's that! Hope you made it!!!
There were some UI changes recently, do they work for you now?
Will ATOM RPG end up being published on more platforms than Skyrim?
Really hope so! I get very entertained imagining playing it on a PS5. Wow.
Switch port intrigues me, this game flew under my radar until today somehow. Think I'll pick it up.

Hope it handles okay performance-wise. There are a number of times I've gotten burned by a Switch port either due to obnoxious frame drops or ridiculous loading times.
There are some issues, though not with frame rate to my knowledge, and we're ironing it out as quick as we can, though publishing patches to Switch isn't as fast as for PC or even mobile.
nimateb it's a sequel bait. ATOM Trudograd's story is about assembling a rail-gun to blow asteroid before it hits the earth.
And even then you're not sure if you blew it! See you in 5 more sequels! Hahahaha!!!!!11
Just played this for the first time, very good game and Fallout 1 homage.

Spoiler:

Is there any way to stop the asteroid?
But is there an asteroid to begin with? Hmmm...
What if it's an alien spaceship or an actual star?
Atomboy, have you considered hiring Chris Avellone to design a small self-contained adventure in the world of ATOM?

He's probably pretty cheap now and if he does good he could get back in from the cold. Also, we would have a pretty nice ATOM module on our hands!

I was thinking that he can design a module that is about the size of New Reno in Fallout 2. He could do the design and you could help him with the Soviet makeup so that it's consistent with your universe.

Imagine: "New ATOM module designed by legend Chris Avellone". And remember that all press is good press, so if some SJW:s comes at you that will only give you more attention.
Hey, I'd love to work with Chris Avellone when we're more free and not crunching perpetually like right now. But I'm willing to bet a day of his time is a month of our communal salary :---D

Atomboy, have you considered hiring Jeremy Soule to compose a small soundtrack in the world of ATOM?

He's probably pretty cheap now and if he does good he could get back in from the cold. Also, we would have a pretty nice ATOM soundtrack on our hands!

I was thinking that he can compose a soundtrack that is about the size of Skyrim. He could do the composing and you could help him with the Soviet makeup so that it's consistent with your universe.

Imagine: "New ATOM soundtrack by legend Jeremy Soule". And remember that all press is good press, so if some SJW:s comes at you that will only give you more attention.
But that will make the rest of the game sound like it was produced by a gorilla...
That's one of the reasons why any sane player should stay the fuck away from the game's circus location.
It's the best location! And our Green Elephant references aren't even completely contained inside of it!
That't a thing, actually: AFAIK, Fallout 2 is way more popular in Russia than Fallout 1, so all Russian-made Fallout wannabees are closer to Fallout 2 in spirit and you can forget about expecting something as moody as Fallout 1. By "closer" I mean "let's make it even more ridiculous" of course. The trend is real - Nevada, Atom, some older games we prefer not to talk about... although Sonora kinda breaks the unity.
While you are correct, I think our game is like that because of who made it more than out of our shared love for fallout 2. Which I don't even like that much at least not more than I like Wasteland 1! Well I mean I'd take Fallout 2 from the imaginary shelf and play it over almost any modern game, but still!

-------------------------------------------------------

ALSO WE HAVE AN UPDATE TO ATOM TODAY!
I AM VERY PROUD OF THE TEXT BECAUSE I WROTE IT IS VERY GOOD SO I POST HERE it says fangs instead of thanks this is high quality dry brittish wit right there

Hey, guys!

Some of you missed it last time… But this year it came back with a vengeance from the beyond. Our spooky Halloween event is out for blood yet again! And this time no platform, mobile or otherwise will be spared from waves of grotesque horrors.

Will you risk having thy flesh consumed by the fangs of the unruly evil with perfect hatred and no remorse? Those who survive will surely be rewarded. You'll just have to find a special random encounter on the global map… if you dare.

If you do not dare, or find such festive events silly, which is totally understandable, the optional content can be easily turned off in the main menu.

Apart from the optional content, this version also contains some delightfully devilish new features that will make slow machines run the game better.

There is also some amazing news from our Italian translation team which launched the final stage of the translation mod.

See it here: https://steamcommunity.com/app/552620/discussions/1/1644304412661712169/

Now tremble, before the full infernal glory of this update’s horrific changelog:

- Added the spooky Halloween event (till November 3rd);
- Improved loading times on video cards with capacity of 2 gb+;
- Fixed minor issues reported to us on Steam and other forums;
- Fixed minor sound glitches.

Fangs for reading, and let there be ATOM!

mikaelis

Prophet
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014
Atomboy just wanted to let you know that the game was awesome. Surpassed my expectations by a wide margin. Looking forward to the final version of Trudogard.

I hope you will get some revenue back, so you can start earning in Rubles rather than Kopeks. Or even better in Krugerrands :love:.

Do you have any plans for what's after Trudogard?

Obviously, not asking for the details, but are you at least internally set for the new project that will go full production after Trudogard?

If yes, would it be postapo once more, or something different? Would something in the vein of Darklands be right up your alley? (not that it matters to me ;), BUT PLEASE CONSIDER!!!!!! ).

Anyway, whatever you choose next, I will gladly support you on Kickstarter.

Daemongar

Arcane
Codex Year of the Donut
I think our game is like that because of who made it more than out of our shared love for fallout 2. Which I don't even like that much at least not more than I like Wasteland 1! Well I mean I'd take Fallout 2 from the imaginary shelf and play it over almost any modern game, but still!
Truly a man of taste.

Atomboy

Atom Team
Developer
Atomboy just wanted to let you know that the game was awesome. Surpassed my expectations by a wide margin. Looking forward to the final version of Trudogard.

I hope you will get some revenue back, so you can start earning in Rubles rather than Kopeks. Or even better in Krugerrands :love:.

Obviously, not asking for the details, but are you at least internally set for the new project that will go full production after Trudogard?

If yes, would it be postapo once more, or something different? Would something in the vein of Darklands be right up your alley? (not that it matters to me ;), BUT PLEASE CONSIDER!!!!!! ).

Thank you very much! We're trying very hard, and hopefully Trudograd will actually give a return on all the losses it cost us. There's not many details, but out of all the fantasies we have for the next game, one is the most obvious candidate. It will share a universe with ATOM, somewhat, but it will not be post-apocalyptic. We love the genre to death, but it needs to breathe a bit before we return to it with the final installment of ATOM. So hopefully the next title will be something different, like low tech sci-fi or fantasy with a certain plot hook rarely seen since 1990's. I'd also love to direct a certain blobber RPG I've been fantasizing about for years, but such a thing can't be the main project, and the team is too small to divide it. I really like Darklands and I was thinking of replaying it some time when I'm less busy!

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

Thank you very much! We're trying very hard, and hopefully Trudograd will actually give a return on all the losses it cost us. There's not many details, but out of all the fantasies we have for the next game, one is the most obvious candidate. It will share a universe with ATOM, somewhat, but it will not be post-apocalyptic. We love the genre to death, but it needs to breathe a bit before we return to it with the final installment of ATOM. So hopefully the next title will be something different, like low tech sci-fi or fantasy with a certain plot hook rarely seen since 1990's. I'd also love to direct a certain blobber RPG I've been fantasizing about for years, but such a thing can't be the main project, and the team is too small to divide it. I really like Darklands and I was thinking of replaying it some time when I'm less busy!
Will your next project have barbarians?

Doctor Sbaitso

SO, TELL ME ABOUT YOUR PROBLEMS.
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Grab the Codex by the pussy Serpent in the Staglands
So I own the original and it has come up in the backlog. I have come to the realization that to have any staying power for me a CRPG must have strong combat. I have read that this features walls of text. This must be overcome by great systems/combat or forget it. Play or nah?

Murk

Arcane
So I own the original and it has come up in the backlog. I have come to the realization that to have any staying power for me a CRPG must have strong combat. I have read that this features walls of text. This must be overcome by great systems/combat or forget it. Play or nah?

I wouldn't call it walls of text; it's way less than PoE, but maybe a bit more than Fallout 2.

Darth Canoli

Arcane

It has difficult combat, at least, during the first half of the game, then, it gets easier but i didn't complete it yet, i was waiting for the updates rampage to stop.
Strong combat is another matter entirely.

If you like Fallout 1 & 2, you'll probably like it, otherwise, it's worth trying anyway but there's little hope for you.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://steamcommunity.com/games/552620/announcements/detail/2910977322829519152

Patch 1.173
5f6b7b9da6d2f9513612dd06b7e36153517b6eaf.jpg

Greetings, friends!

Today we are very happy to share a new patch, containing sets of improvements for the game, including new optimizations.

Changelog:

- Fixed an error with syncing cloud saves from Nintendo Switch/iOS/Android platforms.
- Optimized some random encounters;
- Fixed Maiden Spring quest issue which came up when the NPCs of that area were attacked after the assignment was complete;
- Gamepad buttons now show up on tooltips during the tutorial;
- Fixed moving through enemy corpses;
- Fixed a bunch of console related controls;
- Unity updated to ver. 2019.4.15;
- Game now requires less memory from weak PCs.
- A lot of fixes in the Polish localization

Thank you for reading and let there be ATOM!

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
You can both post in this thread and read its title, so what are you even asking?

It's because not a single post from November.
So if it IS the thread, my questions:
started to play as man - maybe woman have some more options in game? or just different? (fucked some slut at Factory)
I found the glasses for doctor in the prologue/beginning, and gave it/them back to him - maybe it's better to keep them for something for later?
I'm pretty early in game so can restart.

Ismaul

Thought Criminal #3333
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
started to play as man - maybe woman have some more options in game? or just different?
gotta roleplay as a faggot if you want the most options

you might not like it but it'll grow on you

and then who knows? so many options, in-game and out

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
Also important questio about mechanics - how severe is penalty to firearms due not met requirement for Str?
I'm playing with 2 Str weakling, so thinking about going for auto weapon path,for a perk that eliminates Str requirement.
Is it worth it or can you just dismiss the penalties to hit chance - or whatever they are - with just pumping related skill?

Also you could buff Str with food an meds I know.

Edit: so turned out it only affect cth but my @ have 10 Attention so... and buffs from food... still, which weapon is more recommended for someone with 1 Endurance? Rifles or automatics? Which one allow for more safe play?
Hard to say for now.

Last edited:

Atomboy

Atom Team
Developer
Hey everyone, it's New Year's Eve so I'm gonna do my best to leave no poster unanswered for 2021 when we will hopefully not die and all that.

Is it ATOM game thread?
Is it closed or something?
I think it lacks the traffic it used to have because there's now a competing Trudograd thread and also the game is getting old!
You can both post in this thread and read its title, so what are you even asking?

It's because not a single post from November.
So if it IS the thread, my questions:
started to play as man - maybe woman have some more options in game? or just different? (fucked some slut at Factory)
I found the glasses for doctor in the prologue/beginning, and gave it/them back to him - maybe it's better to keep them for something for later?
I'm pretty early in game so can restart.
The glasses do nothing, but character gender does! You'll get treated differently sometimes when it really seemed appropriate for the situation. Plus, different sexual partners.
Screenshot-54.png

Atomboy
I didn't know that Atom can recognize names
It's so cool:)
Well, it recognizes when to write your character name into the dialogue, half way there!
Also important questio about mechanics - how severe is penalty to firearms due not met requirement for Str?
I'm playing with 2 Str weakling, so thinking about going for auto weapon path,for a perk that eliminates Str requirement.
Is it worth it or can you just dismiss the penalties to hit chance - or whatever they are - with just pumping related skill?

Also you could buff Str with food an meds I know.

Edit: so turned out it only affect cth but my @ have 10 Attention so... and buffs from food... still, which weapon is more recommended for someone with 1 Endurance? Rifles or automatics? Which one allow for more safe play?
Hard to say for now.
Yes, higher skill levels negate str req's, but with 2 str you might have trouble elsewhere. Your firearms management might become the least of your worries! Then again, I playtested with 1 endurance a hundred times even going melee once or twice. With partners it's a cakewalk, since dumping end gives you a lot of luck and dex and other stuf.

Atomboy

Atom Team
Developer
Atomboy any chance of implementing the ability tree from Trudograd at some point into the first game?
This idea is always floating out there. It's a pretty complex thing to do and it would overwrite history so to speak! Like, the new generations of children will never experience ATOM RPG like their parents could! With the old tree. We will probably try to make Trudograd's tree an optional feature in some kind of a director's cut anniversary edition of the game we'll charge 30 food cubes for in 2025 or something. Even this I can't truly promise though. Atom and TG turned out to be very different games on the technical level. One time we ported a myrmic from Atom to Trudograd and it went crazy, running through geometry and looking like shit. Porting features from one to another properly is a whole large project we would not be able to afford in 2021 or even 2022 probably unless everyone likes our third upcoming game.

Edit: oh but if someone on Steam will try to make a hack job mod that would port the tree, we'll help out to the best of our abilities and I'll post it everywhere and we won't even charge food cubes for it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom