Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter ATOM RPG - Wasteland Soviet style! - now with Dead City update

Will you back?

• I will consider it!

Votes: 39 54.9%
  • No! I would never!..

Votes: 9 12.7%
  • kingcomrade

Votes: 23 32.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
With partners it's a cakewalk, since dumping end gives you a lot of luck and dex and other stuf

Yeah, party is inevitable for me, cause my weight capacity is like... ahahah, ahahah - this much.
So I think woman @ has generally more sexual scenes, but it's generally the same.
I might want to fight actually alone or with dog, cause I want to drag human NPC for RPG content.

Can you say what weapon is more deadly, I think automatic rigth?
Given that I took Cursed Sniper, it seems it's not reasonable to go automatics way?

Alos, I'm now at Factory and surprised how many things put in dialogues.
Dialogue with Shishkar is amazing, he could even drop the key lol.
On the other hand, usage of words is often off - those "переведём тему" are a bit jarring.
It's ether author didn't read books or not inside a Russian language enviroment.
But text has individuality - that's good thing.

Also bug - Pedagogue still called my @ by his name even when I told him different name.

Perk system is... unflexible, to say the least...
You need to change it. Like, at first I thought that price was going up for every TREE from center, and that was already ух-ох, but that turned out new tree cost not start from 1, it's 4-5 after you filled previous tree.

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
Atomboy also quick idea - I don't know anything about Trudograd roleplay system, but you could sorta fix ATOM systme with this - let new tree from center cost start from 1, maybe 2.
So for example, after you open/learned for example tree with automatics, your next perk won't cost you 5 points - only 1 or 2.
IF it would be 1 point for new tree, then you could get another 4, maybe 5 perks before you do eveyrthing.
Maybe it's too op. So probbaly cost that start from 2 is more reasonable.

jackofshadows

Magister
Fenix you should take a look at TG's perk tree, because this is p. useless feedback imo. Obviously the old tree suck. Last time I checked,the new one was a mess as well but like to the opposite direction (too many points, you could buy all the good stuff and ignore the useleess shit) but they were changing things left and right even then so I need to take another look.

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
I don't need to, what I propose is a very qick fix without changing anything in interface, just changing internal values.
So every new tree will cost +1 - first is 1+2+3+4+5, second is 2+3+4+5, third is 3+4+5 and so on.

jackofshadows

Magister
Nah, that would be too op. The game's difficulty is fine with this clunky tree and the enemies don't actually have perks, unlike in TG which is a huge mechanical difference, obviously.

Atomboy

Atom Team
Developer
With partners it's a cakewalk, since dumping end gives you a lot of luck and dex and other stuf

Yeah, party is inevitable for me, cause my weight capacity is like... ahahah, ahahah - this much.
So I think woman @ has generally more sexual scenes, but it's generally the same.
I might want to fight actually alone or with dog, cause I want to drag human NPC for RPG content.

Can you say what weapon is more deadly, I think automatic rigth?
Given that I took Cursed Sniper, it seems it's not reasonable to go automatics way?

Alos, I'm now at Factory and surprised how many things put in dialogues.
Dialogue with Shishkar is amazing, he could even drop the key lol.
On the other hand, usage of words is often off - those "переведём тему" are a bit jarring.
It's ether author didn't read books or not inside a Russian language enviroment.
But text has individuality - that's good thing.

Also bug - Pedagogue still called my @ by his name even when I told him different name.

Perk system is... unflexible, to say the least...
You need to change it. Like, at first I thought that price was going up for every TREE from center, and that was already ух-ох, but that turned out new tree cost not start from 1, it's 4-5 after you filled previous tree.
Yes! No w if you;re going with a cursed sniper yu'll get more benefits with rifles and shotguns, but actually automatics too since they do single aimed shots as well, and a crit is a crit with any weapon. Which weapon type is the best in the game is really dependable, for me its melee, second best being automatics and thir beig shield plus pistol or shield plus smg or shield plus melee. We do read books! Some characters speak like retards just because they are meant to be безграмотный скот! Well sometimews we fuck up too though not gonna lie also we pretty much went the way you stated in Trudograd now you have all the perks you want and evey new tree's cost isn't dependble on previous tree purchases. we're actually changing it now to make it less friendly and open bercause it was OP
Fenix you should take a look at TG's perk tree, because this is p. useless feedback imo. Obviously the old tree suck. Last time I checked,the new one was a mess as well but like to the opposite direction (too many points, you could buy all the good stuff and ignore the useleess shit) but they were changing things left and right even then so I need to take another look.
Exactly! We made it pretty Op We mess with the tree constantly, hopefully gonna be balanced when we release that game.

Feyd Rautha

Arcane
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Atomboy any chance of implementing the ability tree from Trudograd at some point into the first game?
This idea is always floating out there. We will probably try to make Trudograd's tree an optional feature in some kind of a director's cut anniversary edition of the game we'll charge 30 food cubes for in 2025 or something.
This is what I want! I want a director's cut of ATOM with all the improvements of Trudograd. Maybe a karma-system thrown in as well? That would make ATOM perfect.

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
Yeah. I want to go with automatics, cause it looks it could deliver destruction faster, which is what I need for my flimsy 1 End comrade.

Invictus

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Hey Atomboy how about a Switch port? Seems porting it would not be that difficult given most Unity games run pretty well on Switch and would open up a whole stream of revenue and gamers

Sykar

Arcane
No paused and doing another update, CrossCode also got an Update probably for the new DLC. Maybe that will help.
Edit: CrossCode was done before I finished the post. Well only 45 MB patch there. Atom is now faster, instead of days "only" 10 minutes +/- which is still surprisingly long compared to when I DLed and installed SWTOR 45 GB in about an hour.

Last edited:

urmom

Learned
This was a great game. Liked it 10x more than Wasteland 2. Can't wait for Trudogard to get done.

Last edited:

urmom

Learned
Because it's fine? You can tell party members mid-battle to change/holster weapons, change aggressiveness, etc. You do have some control.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom