Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Blizzard announced "Classic" World of Warcraft

ItsChon

Resident Zoomer
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Yeah I'll probably be going with the Rogue deck. I have all the cards I need for it except the boompistol bully and the two legendaries (Hanar and the other leg). I've seen decklists that don't even use boompistol, so this will be fun. Thanks for the motivation and making sure I don't pick the wrong choice!

np bro, anytime. Im playing on EU, and even tho you are on US afaik, you can add me to chat and compare lists :)

Now, Im not sure do new accoutns also get "choose a free deck" thing, if they do, go with it! I thought only returning players get it, but its possible i was entirely wrong.
I read that new accounts do get it.
https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/hearthstone/t/a-few-notes-on-the-returning-player-experience/27240
But I just completed the beginner ranks and am now in Bronze. I got ten card packs but no free deck? Fucking Blizzard, nothing works.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
You would feel much better coming out of the closet IRL, I think.
Nah... that girl is just not that attractive. I will never understand guys that love hideously fake implants. Never mind the fact they look comical they feel disgusting.

Ninjerk

Arcane
You would feel much better coming out of the closet IRL, I think.
Nah... that girl is just not that attractive. I will never understand guys that love hideously fake implants. Never mind the fact they look comical they feel disgusting.
I wouldn't choose them for her, but I don't see them as a negative, either, and the body below is well taken care of.

Talby

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
Knees too pointy 0/10 :rpgcodex:

Spazmongoloid is a subhuman and deserves to get the 'rona.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
I can't fucking help it, this guy cracks me up something fierce. Americans usually aren't great at stone-faced humor but this dude is top notch.

"All the great moments in my life...KFC has been involved. Me and my mom eating chicken. My dad complaining about that chicken to the staff."

"At McDonald's you can leave your kids in the play pen where they'll eat used band-aids that other kids left there and then they'll end up at a community college with gender dysphoria."

This is almost a stand-up grade material. Sometimes it looks he actually is as dumb as his persona, like that time some Russian dude with a voice changer pretended he was a girl and scammed him for a million gold. Asmon is so good it looked almost real.

Talby

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
like that time some Russian dude with a voice changer pretended he was a girl and scammed him for a million gold.

Tell me more.
eDTmhEf.gif

fizzelopeguss

Arcane
I can't fucking help it, this guy cracks me up something fierce. Americans usually aren't great at stone-faced humor but this dude is top notch.

"All the great moments in my life...KFC has been involved. Me and my mom eating chicken. My dad complaining about that chicken to the staff."

"At McDonald's you can leave your kids in the play pen where they'll eat used band-aids that other kids left there and then they'll end up at a community college with gender dysphoria."

This is almost a stand-up grade material. Sometimes it looks he actually is as dumb as his persona, like that time some Russian dude with a voice changer pretended he was a girl and scammed him for a million gold. Asmon is so good it looked almost real.

Yeah, he's funny and quick witted.

His transmog competitions are a guilty pleasure of mine.

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Asmonghoul is definitely a guilty pleasurz.

At first I thought of him as some autistic Hobo-Jesus, (I still do) but then I started liking him and his videoes.

Obviously he's putting on a facade as the hyper spergy austic neckbeardy wow gamer for the streams and money, but it is super enjoyable somehow.

The guy is also much smarter than what he gets credit for.

Popiel

Arcane
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
You really need to be at least somewhat intelligent to pull off all of this ridiculous shit he does on streams. There are people who really believe he's as fucked up as he pretends he is, and then some of them stumble upon some of his videoblogs and boom, a revelation dawns. He's a smart guy who knows where the money is and clearly enjoys puttin' up his private circus for us.

Generic-Giant-Spider

All his criticism of Blizzard and WoW are largely accurate.

When you begin criticizing a company/game for many years and see no real change being done to make it better yet you keep streaming it every single day of your life and giving it thousands of viewers there comes a point when a company like Blizzard says, "who gives a shit, he'll keep playing."

And that is the tragedy of the WoW playerbase. Blizzard can shit on them endlessly, they'll bitch, but they'll always be there at the end of the day. They need WoW.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
All his criticism of Blizzard and WoW are largely accurate.

When you begin criticizing a company/game for many years and see no real change being done to make it better yet you keep streaming it every single day of your life and giving it thousands of viewers there comes a point when a company like Blizzard says, "who gives a shit, he'll keep playing."

And that is the tragedy of the WoW playerbase. Blizzard can shit on them endlessly, they'll bitch, but they'll always be there at the end of the day. They need WoW.
Nail on the head. As a slightly off-topic mini rant this extends to piracy as well. People don't seem to understand how ineffectual they are when they say that X game or Y company sucks ass but they'll still pirate and play the game. Y company is going to look at the piracy numbers and think that this is how much interest people have in their product, they just need to figure out how to make them paying customers. The only way change could be done is if people just completely ignored the stuff they claim to hate.

Generic-Giant-Spider

And if you want to see how cucked Blizzard's fanbase/infl00encers are, just look at the Shadowlands shit.

There's people that are hyped/excited because they're giving you back abilities you had ten years ago. Shadow Priest for example is getting Devouring Plague again after it went MIA for the previous four or five years and to them this is "Blizzard learned, they're listening."

You see this shit on WoW shills. They'll criticize to keep their audience happy/shed their image as rimlickers but the very second Blizzard decides to expand your character by making them a step closer to playing like it's 2010 again is when they eagerly release their hype video.

That's why WoW will never be close to becoming a good game. All Blizzard has to do is no longer make a talent or ability invisible to you, add in some lame as shit expansion gimmick that'll be dead in 1.5 when the next one comes out, and maybe some cosmetic options and that is that.

Blizzard are so creatively vacant when it comes to WoW classes that there has not been an actual talent row added since 2014 and when they do give your class a new toy you find out it's an old toy but spray painted.

Until the shills man up and actually leave, until the average WoW player stops being a mark and goes away, it'll always be shit and we'll be sitting here preferring to play a version of WoW that was better but in the grand scheme of gaming was what killed any hope of MMORPGs becoming the visual D&D/MUDs they were originally envisioned as.

Cromwell

Arcane
And if you want to see how cucked Blizzard's fanbase/infl00encers are, just look at the Shadowlands shit.

There's people that are hyped/excited because they're giving you back abilities you had ten years ago. Shadow Priest for example is getting Devouring Plague again after it went MIA for the previous four or five years and to them this is "Blizzard learned, they're listening."

You see this shit on WoW shills. They'll criticize to keep their audience happy/shed their image as rimlickers but the very second Blizzard decides to expand your character by making them a step closer to playing like it's 2010 again is when they eagerly release their hype video.

That's why WoW will never be close to becoming a good game. All Blizzard has to do is no longer make a talent or ability invisible to you, add in some lame as shit expansion gimmick that'll be dead in 1.5 when the next one comes out, and maybe some cosmetic options and that is that.

Blizzard are so creatively vacant when it comes to WoW classes that there has not been an actual talent row added since 2014 and when they do give your class a new toy you find out it's an old toy but spray painted.

Until the shills man up and actually leave, until the average WoW player stops being a mark and goes away, it'll always be shit and we'll be sitting here preferring to play a version of WoW that was better but in the grand scheme of gaming was what killed any hope of MMORPGs becoming the visual D&D/MUDs they were originally envisioned as.

there would also be the question why you would be happy to get back a spell you clcik every few minutes and that does damage. its not like it changes gameplay in any way or makes it more fun or complex, its just a dot.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom