Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Blizzard announced "Classic" World of Warcraft

J1M

Arcane
He is authentically who all of us wish we could be.

People care about his opinions, doesn't work a normal job, can play games all day, always has friends online, completely unashamed of who he is, and dating someone with big titties.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
So is he one of the few (or even the last one) of the big WoW streamers/tubers who actually stuck with WoW over the years? Coz I know there are a number of big names out there who grew on streaming WoW but then moved on to other things (Kripparrian etc.).

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Took 2-3 months to finally get rid of the recommendations after watching one video.
You know you can just click "Don't recommend channel"?

Didn't know you could do that. Funny thing though, it wasn't his channel that got recommended. It was a billion "Asmongold reacts to" from different channels. Also his girlfriend seems to be a thot of the highest order, not sure I'm jelly about that.

AT-cm%7C388102979-preview.jpg

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Also his girlfriend seems to be a thot of the highest order, not sure I'm jelly about that.

Jesus fucking christ. All the hair on my nape immediately bristled. Poor guy, he imagines he's dating a real girlfriend while in reality he's just hiring a whore. Hopefully she's not milking him too much.

J1M

Arcane
Also his girlfriend seems to be a thot of the highest order, not sure I'm jelly about that.

Jesus fucking christ. All the hair on my nape immediately bristled. Poor guy, he imagines he's dating a real girlfriend while in reality he's just hiring a whore. Hopefully she's not milking him too much.
A true simp would have married her by now. Think of it more like he's getting a free OnlyFans subscription. Not bad for a balding skeletor whose skin has never been kissed by the sun.

ItsChon

Resident Zoomer
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
He has some entertaining react videos but he's prone to chimping out and is one of those WoW streamers that gets by solely on his clout.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
He has some entertaining react videos but he's prone to chimping out and is one of those WoW streamers that gets by solely on his clout.

I can imagine if thousands of people constantly throw rare loot your way your motivation for grind and graft diminishes to zero and with it your skills and maybe even fun. I always wondered if streamers/tubers actually enjoy all the shit they're playing. Like does Kripp still enjoy shuffling those goofy fucking cards after all those years? No way.

ItsChon

Resident Zoomer
Patron
I can imagine if thousands of people constantly throw rare loot your way your motivation for grind and graft diminishes to zero and with it your skills and maybe even fun. I always wondered if streamers/tubers actually enjoy all the shit they're playing. Like does Kripp still enjoy shuffling those goofy fucking cards after all those years? No way.
Haha Krip definitely is fucking over it. He's so over it he swapped from doing Arena because of how fucking broken it is and is only doing battlegrounds now (which is ass imo). Regardless, I've definitely watched some of his clips and he is a funny personality. I am just easily disgusted by these sub-human, autistic, incel nerds that plague Twitch, so it's probably a personal problem I should get over.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
I've definitely watched some of his clips and he is a funny personality.

I've watched him a lot when I played HS. He's cool and funny. I stopped when he started maining that stupid autobattler which I fucking hate. He still doing it? Jesus. Feels like it's been years.

ItsChon

Resident Zoomer
Patron
I've watched him a lot when I played HS. He's cool and funny. I stopped when he started maining the autobattler which I fucking hate. He still doing it? Jesus. Feels like it's been years.
The funny and subhuman comment was towards Asmon, Krip is actually normal to me and I enjoyed his videos. Sadly, last I checked he's still doing that gay autobattler. It's a shame because I'll watch one video and enjoy it because he's cool, but then I'll remember how much better the video would be if he was just playing Arena, and get bored.

Dawkinsfan69

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Bethestard
He's so over it he swapped from doing Arena because of how fucking broken it is

truth HS arena is the most miserable experience you can imagine right now I don't blame him for shifting to battlegrounds because blizzard seems to actually give a bit of a shit about that mode whereas it's totally obvious that they haven't even wanted people to be playing arena for over a year

ItsChon

Resident Zoomer
Patron
He's so over it he swapped from doing Arena because of how fucking broken it is

truth HS arena is the most miserable experience you can imagine right now I don't blame him for shifting to battlegrounds because blizzard seems to actually give a bit of a shit about that mode whereas it's totally obvious that they haven't even wanted people to be playing arena for over a year
My previous Hearthstone/Blizzard account was hacked, so I made a new one and have been playing. I forgot how utterly miserable it is to get yourself in a position where you can actually make constructed. The only "cheap" decks that aren't complete shit are Tempo decks, and even than they still require 1-2 legendary investments that are usually only useful for other tempo decks. Almost fucking impossible to get a decent control or combo deck without grinding for a ridiculous amount of time or getting some lucky packs.

Sadly, like you said, Arena is broken, so I'm hovering around an average of a 4.5-5 win rate, where I would otherwise be at around 6 and be able to go soft infinite to try and get some gold and resources built up while also not completely hating the game. I figure Blizzard has been actively de incentivizing it so they can get people to buy more packs, which sucks since the game is already fucking dying.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
a 9-10/10 streamer/cosplayer named Pink Sparkles.
Bro, you have to have higher standards than that. Dime a dozen hoo-ah with slathered on make-up covering her facial imperfections and boner-killingly large fake basketballs bolted to her chest.

Norfleet

Her ugliness is not a function of makeup, given that makeup just makes most look awful and artificial. No, that ugliness is all-natural. That fat lip and vapid expression are what does the job. No makeup can hide that. Seriously, I've caught fish that look like that.

v1rus

Arcane
My previous Hearthstone/Blizzard account was hacked, so I made a new one and have been playing. I forgot how utterly miserable it is to get yourself in a position where you can actually make constructed. The only "cheap" decks that aren't complete shit are Tempo decks, and even than they still require 1-2 legendary investments that are usually only useful for other tempo decks. Almost fucking impossible to get a decent control or combo deck without grinding for a ridiculous amount of time or getting some lucky packs.

Sadly, like you said, Arena is broken, so I'm hovering around an average of a 4.5-5 win rate, where I would otherwise be at around 6 and be able to go soft infinite to try and get some gold and resources built up while also not completely hating the game. I figure Blizzard has been actively de incentivizing it so they can get people to buy more packs, which sucks since the game is already fucking dying.

Do you perhaps have an old burner account? Returning player decks are pretty good, Rogue and Mage are that is. Afaik, if you take rogue, you are a leg (and couple of rares) away from competitive tempo rogue (depending on will the tempo rogue still use the secret package after Hanar nerf (my money is on yes), the stealth Akama package, or just wing it.) Mage OOTH, giefs you Alex, Zeph and Reno, which is awesome, since Alex and Zeph are, well, in every single highlander deck there is. Shame they costo so much.

v1rus

Arcane

Do you perhaps have an old burner account? Returning player decks are pretty good, Rogue and Mage are that is. Afaik, if you take rogue, you are a leg (and couple of rares) away from competitive tempo rogue (depending on will the tempo rogue still use the secret package after Hanar nerf (my money is on yes), the stealth Akama package, or just wing it.) Mage OOTH, giefs you Alex, Zeph and Reno, which is awesome, since Alex and Zeph are, well, in every single highlander deck there is. Shame they costo so much.

Did some research (nothing gets me on like gettting stuff from blizz EZ no moneys Spentzz.)

If you do take rouge returning deck, youd end up with 3 t1 legs (Edwin and Toggwaggle, Rogue staples, and Gronk, card you want to play in every Gala dek obv. First of all, if yare planing on playing rogue, you need flik, you need him bad. Thats 1600. dust more, and your deck is sorta complete. Afaik, there are three packages you can go from there - classic rogue package, meh, wont be top of the meta, thats fore, and sorta boring compared to other fun stuff. Next packages are Secret or Stealth. Now, ill be guesing Hanar made the cut and is still playable, thus we are going to use tempostorm secret list for this little experiment.

What are you missing - Epik - Boombipstol Bully. This is an advanture card, and, a tech card non the less. This can go. Hanar, obv, thats an another leg. 2x2 rares (this expansion) thats 400 dust, but not really, since copy protection, you prolly already have some of those lying around. and an epic, bamboozle. thats... 2400 dust. so, that + 1600 for flik makes you able to play a tempo-control (or rather, tempo-midrange-tolategaem rogue thats popular atm. It was t1 dekc before nerfs, t2 right now, prolly r1 when people figure the best decklist (stealth if not secret.) for 4k dust. Sounds too much on the first look, but you actually got top tier competitive, skillful, pricey (around 12k if not using this method) and most important, great fun deck, for 4k dust. Crazy I say. If Stealth package turns better, its same shit really - akama instead of hanar, instead of epic secret that epic draw guy (maybe 2 of em?) and some commons. Or, if you are missing that much stuff - just go the usual route, and take good tempo cards.... and you get a competative deck for 1600 dust, the price of flik. Optimal? prob not. Competative? You bet, and you can upgrade from there.

Now, Mage starter package is even better perhaps but.... Highladner decks are pricey. SO pricey. From their mage, to make a real highlander mage youd need Solarian, Malecgos, Kalecgos, Alex and Hero Reno, which is locked away behind the adventure. Shitton of rares and epics too. Trying to make Hihglander Hutner from just zeprys and alex aint gonna go good either. Less epics and rares, but, Bran, Zixor, Maev, Veranus and Dragonbane show up their ugly faces. Oh, and Siamat too.

TLdr - for the love of god, no matter hwo far you made it, find an old account of a friend who doesnt use it, log in, pick rouge, and ggwp. bonus points if that old account has some old goodies lying around to pillage. who knows, you might even make couple playable decks soon enough.

Its a silly game, i know, but i luv it, and i luv when moar people play it.

Last edited:

ItsChon

Resident Zoomer
Patron
Oh I didn't even realize we got a reward for making it past the newbie ranks. They're each for a different class and give legendaries?

Did some research (nothing gets me on like gettting stuff from blizz EZ no moneys Spentzz.)

If you do take rouge returning deck, youd end up with 3 t1 legs (Edwin and Toggwaggle, Rogue staples, and Gronk, card you want to play in every Gala dek obv. First of all, if yare planing on playing rogue, you need flik, you need him bad. Thats 1600. dust more, and your deck is sorta complete. Afaik, there are three packages you can go from there - classic rogue package, meh, wont be top of the meta, thats fore, and sorta boring compared to other fun stuff. Next packages are Secret or Stealth. Now, ill be guesing Hanar made the cut and is still playable, thus we are going to use tempostorm secret list for this little experiment.

What are you missing - Epik - Boombipstol Bully. This is an advanture card, and, a tech card non the less. This can go. Hanar, obv, thats an another leg. 2x2 rares (this expansion) thats 400 dust, but not really, since copy protection, you prolly already have some of those lying around. and an epic, bamboozle. thats... 2400 dust. so, that + 1600 for flik makes you able to play a tempo-control (or rather, tempo-midrange-tolategaem rogue thats popular atm. It was t1 dekc before nerfs, t2 right now, prolly r1 when people figure the best decklist (stealth if not secret.) for 4k dust. Sounds too much on the first look, but you actually got top tier competitive, skillful, and most important, great fun deck, for 4k dust. Crazy I say. If Stealth package turns better, its same shit really - akama instead of hanar, instead of epic secret that epic draw guy (maybe 2 of em?) and some commons. Or, if you are missing that much stuff - just go the usual route, and take good tempo cards.... and you get a competative deck for 1600 dust, the price of flik. Optimal? prob not. Competative? You bet.

Mage starter package is even better perhaps but.... Highladner decks are pricey. SO pricey. From their mage, to make a real highlander mage youd need Solarian, Malecgos, Kalecgos, Alex and Hero Reno, which is locked away behind the adventure. Shitton of rares and epics too. Trying to make Hihglander Hutner from just zeprys and alex aint gonna go good either. Less epics and rares, but, Bran, Zixor, Maev, Veranus and Dragonbane show up their ugly faces. Oh, and Siamat too.

TLdr - for the love of god, no matter hwo far you made it, find an old account of a friend who doesnt use it, log in, pick rouge, and ggwp. bonus points if that old account has some old goodies lying around to pillage. who knows, you might even make couple playable decks soon enough.

Its a silly game, i know, but i luv, and i luv when moar people play it.
Oh well you've explained it. Damn shame I probably won't be able to play Highlander Mage, but I'll take a look at the rouge decks. Really appreciate the help.

ItsChon

Resident Zoomer
Patron
Yeah I'll probably be going with the Rogue deck. I have all the cards I need for it except the boompistol bully and the two legendaries (Hanar and the other leg). I've seen decklists that don't even use boompistol, so this will be fun. Thanks for the motivation and making sure I don't pick the wrong choice!

v1rus

Arcane
Yeah I'll probably be going with the Rogue deck. I have all the cards I need for it except the boompistol bully and the two legendaries (Hanar and the other leg). I've seen decklists that don't even use boompistol, so this will be fun. Thanks for the motivation and making sure I don't pick the wrong choice!

np bro, anytime. Im playing on EU, and even tho you are on US afaik, you can add me to chat and compare lists :)

Now, Im not sure do new accoutns also get "choose a free deck" thing, if they do, go with it! I thought only returning players get it, but its possible i was entirely wrong.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom