Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

CD Projekt's Cyberpunk 2077 Update 2.0 + Phantom Liberty Expansion Thread

res11

Novice
lol EA literally scams millions of retards with their yearly garbage sports games and no one gives a shit. They dickslap their customers and the customers love it.

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
Watching in the credits the army of people who've been involved in one way or another, one can't help but reflect wistfully on what could have been. So close in many ways, yet so far ...

More people doesn't mean better product, if anything things start to become bland after ~200 people or so. IME the games i liked the most the last few years were made by companies of around 50 people or smaller - the only exception was Arkane's Prey with the company size being 150 people, but Arkane had two teams and working on two different games in two different countries, with different engines, etc so even then it was probably around 60-70 people per team (that is just a guess of course).

I wasn't thinking that more people means better product, sorry if that's how it came across. But I do think a game like this needs a huge team because there's an absolute shit-ton of stuff that needs to be made - and aspects of it, they did get right, to be fair. Night City, for all its lack of responsiveness to player action, is still a compelling place to be, and the most "realistic" depiction of a city in any game yet, and that's a noteworthy feature regardless. But it could have been all that plus so much more. Whether that will change or whether Night City will forever remain a Potemkin virtual city, I don't know. Probably not, but maybe a year or so down the line, with finishing, polishing and modding, who knows.

Quillon

Arcane
Panam storyline is trash, typical Stronk Female M-Rey Sue bullshit.

-Panam is kicked out of Nomads for being too reckless and not a team player
-Proceeds to get numerous Nomads killed for being reckless and not a team player
-Learns nothing of this, blames everyone but herself, and inexplicably earns loyalty of more Nomads
-Player forced to continually validate her, never call her out or put her in her place
-Gets the Nomads in more trouble with the gangs and pisses off a major corp.
-Never learns any lessons or shows any self-reflection on her behavior
-Saul does complete 180 for no reason, decides she's the best Nomad ever, puts her in charge and literally no one disagrees.
-Universally loved by everyone.

If you liked her character or found her romance engaging you should consider getting your T-levels checked. Srsly.

She is Veronica from NV but way stronKer :P

Takamori

Learned
Panam storyline is trash, typical Stronk Female M-Rey Sue bullshit.

-Panam is kicked out of Nomads for being too reckless and not a team player
-Proceeds to get numerous Nomads killed for being reckless and not a team player
-Learns nothing of this, blames everyone but herself, and inexplicably earns loyalty of more Nomads
-Player forced to continually validate her, never call her out or put her in her place
-Gets the Nomads in more trouble with the gangs and pisses off a major corp.
-Never learns any lessons or shows any self-reflection on her behavior
-Saul does complete 180 for no reason, decides she's the best Nomad ever, puts her in charge and literally no one disagrees.
-Universally loved by everyone.

If you liked her character or found her romance engaging you should consider getting your T-levels checked. Srsly.

She is Veronica from NV but way stronKer :P

Hey at least you tap that ass, in NV no fun allowed at all on that regard.

:mca::balance:

hivemind

Cipher
Patron
Pretty Princess
lol EA literally scams millions of retards with their yearly garbage sports games and no one gives a shit. They dickslap their customers and the customers love it.
but EA built their reputation on excellent and innovative games unlike these retarded poles who couldn't design a system to save their lives whose only saving grace in the minds of the average consumer is their good guy pandering to the average reddit gamer

Takamori

Learned
but EA built their reputation on excellent and innovative games unlike these retarded poles who couldn't design a system to save their lives whose only saving grace in the minds of the average consumer is their good guy pandering to the average reddit gamer
:hmmm:

Slaver1

Savant
In the ideal fabulously optimistic world where these retard poles had any business sense, what would happen. Cool we got Keanu on board, hmm lets do next expansion where he is your sidekick/antagonist/lover/whatever, so it will help with the player retention for next content.

What happened: OH SHIT WE GOT KEANU REEVES BABY LETS REDO THE FUCKING CONTENT THAT WE WERE WORKING WITH AND DELAY EVEN MORE THE DEADLINES AND MAKE THE STORY A MESS LOLOLOLOLL
CDPR: Hello Fellow Open World Adventure fans. You love Le Keanu?

No cocksuckers, I loved Yennefer being a focal point of The Witcher 3.

Zer0wing

Cipher
Here's the revelation about physx bugs, one that can be fixed on user side: upgrade your fucking CPU. Or so CDPR tries to hint with their spaghetti code. The game has too much shit going on internally, that includes draw calls, asset streaming, vertex calculations for frame rendering, scripting, the physics comes into play way later down the rendering pipepline. Everything calculated within one frame Bethesda-style, not diversified inbetween several frames like a normal developers with experienced programmers would try to. When the game throws one task out of order before previous one is finished, it drops half-way through or calculates way later when some CPU cycle time frees up before frame rendering finishes. This intensifies when you ride through the Night City on full speed and the game loads new assets and traffic, older CPUs just can't keep up with zombie programming result of overworked students. Slower RAM or unstable overclock can cause visual glitches, blurry textures and falling through the floor. 2GB of VRAM can cause massive framedrops due to bindless rendering technique that CP2077 utilises to ease rendering by loading all necessary entities and assets into the VRAM. Polygon culling only works from left to right, due to map verticality, all skycrappers are sitting in memory and rendered fully.

Hello to all Intel 2010-2014 and Zen 1/Zen+ users, you are officially pronounced third worlders.
Suffer from horrible bugs or play in cinematic 30fps mode.

Welcome to the major league, Marcin Ifailsky. You fucked up just like Bethesda does every new released title.

Last edited:

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
I think story would be much better if Johnny replaced V as soon as the Relic hit. We play as an OP merc till that time then wake up in the trash as a lvl 0 trash and try to understand the new world.
And Johnny we see is actually V (Vincent...)s alter Ego or something like that.

Zer0wing

Cipher
Oh, and T-Posing is the same, the game just drops characters skinning in apathy because your ancient ass cpu can't keep up with shitty programming.

Takamori

Learned
Paralez quest was good. Would have been way better as main quest.

I loved the quest, but the ending left me with the dick hanging thought the consequences would be extreme or at least I would get ambushed by the
by the fucking illuminati controlling their thoughts

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
In the ideal fabulously optimistic world where these retard poles had any business sense, what would happen. Cool we got Keanu on board, hmm lets do next expansion where he is your sidekick/antagonist/lover/whatever, so it will help with the player retention for next content.

What happened: OH SHIT WE GOT KEANU REEVES BABY LETS REDO THE FUCKING CONTENT THAT WE WERE WORKING WITH AND DELAY EVEN MORE THE DEADLINES AND MAKE THE STORY A MESS LOLOLOLOLL
CDPR: Hello Fellow Open World Adventure fans. You love Le Keanu?

No cocksuckers, I loved Yennefer being a focal point of The Witcher 3.

Ciri was the one and only focal point of W3. Yen was a side piece at best.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Discovered maybe the most braindead design decision yet, hope it's actually an oversight. If you're stealthing it up and you hack a turret to fire on your enemies it puts them all in the same alert status as normal, so they know exactly where you are and start attacking you. WTF? Seems to me that would ruin a stealth and hacking build, which thankfully I am not.

Immortal

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Discovered maybe the most braindead design decision yet, hope it's actually an oversight. If you're stealthing it up and you hack a turret to fire on your enemies it puts them all in the same alert status as normal, so they know exactly where you are and start attacking you. WTF? Seems to me that would ruin a stealth and hacking build, which thankfully I am not.

My experience has been the minute you do anything hostile to an NPC that isn't a backstab or silencer to the head - every enemy in 12 block radius develops echo radar and can detect you anywhere. (Including sniping an NPC who's all alone 100 miles away, all his choomba's seem to just "sense" a disturbance and start firing on you)

I've also learned that Stealth is not only boring, slow and unrewarding.. but on highest difficulty I can just run around like a retard with literally any build and blow through everything.
AKA Stealth is shit and even when it works it's pointless.

Agame

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here

I loved the quest, but the ending left me with the dick hanging thought the consequences would be extreme or at least I would get ambushed by the

Thats my point, shit got really interesting and I want to see where it goes. I wish this game had been way more about corpo espionage and skullduggery.

Immortal

Arcane
In My Safe Space

Thats my point, shit got really interesting and I want to see where it goes. I wish this game had been way more about corpo espionage and skullduggery.

> Pick Corpo Origin Story to be a Spy and engage in Corpo on Corpo warfare
> 10 minutes later kicked out of corp and railroaded into street kid profession anyways.

Deep CnC, Amazing game, 10 / 10. GOTY.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
My experience has been the minute you do anything hostile to an NPC that isn't a backstab or silencer to the head - every enemy in 12 block radius develops echo radar and can detect you anywhere. (Including sniping an NPC who's all alone 100 miles away, all his choomba's seem to just "sense" a disturbance and start firing on you)

I've also learned that Stealth is not only boring, slow and unrewarding.. but on highest difficulty I can just run around like a retard with literally any build and blow through everything.

I got the thing that slows time briefly when you're seen and even if I miss a headshot as long as I kill the guy fast it doesn't alert everyone. I agree otherwise though, everyone knows exactly where you are immediately when you're really seen. I can accept that to some degree though, I can imagine they shouted where I was or something, but hacking a turret and the turret attacking them? Knowing where I am then is total bullshit, they should patch that shit.

I agree stealth becomes super easy after you level up a bit, but I enjoy that kinda gameplay so much I'm sticking with it. When I feel like mixing it up I run in guns blazing every once in a while, and the funny thing is my revolver is so badass they usually die in one hit anyway, even outside of stealth.

Immortal

Arcane
In My Safe Space

I got the thing that slows time briefly when you're seen and even if I miss a headshot as long as I kill the guy fast it doesn't alert everyone. I agree otherwise though, everyone knows exactly where you are immediately when you're really seen. I can accept that to some degree though, I can imagine they shouted where I was or something, but hacking a turret and the turret attacking them? Knowing where I am then is total bullshit, they should patch that shit.

I agree stealth becomes super easy after you level up a bit, but I enjoy that kinda gameplay so much I'm sticking with it. When I feel like mixing it up I run in guns blazing every once in a while, and the funny thing is my revolver is so badass they usually die in one hit anyway, even outside of stealth.

I dunno.. I will stealth up to a guy.. Silencer right to the head, with all the bonus damage he's insta gibbed.. but if his ragdoll so much as glances at me whilst barrel rolling in the air.. I seem to get that annoying sound and 40 red squares pop up around me.

I really enjoy stealth in games too.. but I feel like I'm swimming against the current here.. I can either waltz through these buildings with a shotgun and clear them in 3 minutes.. or slowly stealth through the building hacking cameras and fucking around with vending machines.. which usually amounts to 40 minutes later I feel empty and dead inside.

There's just no reward or sense of satisfaction there. (Compared to games like Hitman / Thief or :gags: Skyrim)

EDIT:
Although if you enjoy it - more power to you, it would probably be a fun stealth-mini-game if it wasn't so janky as fuck and the AI wasn't so retarded and most importantly if being stealthy impacted the outcome to quests and stories.. (it doesn't - literally ever)

Last edited:

Immortal

Arcane
In My Safe Space
(Compared to games like Hitman / Thief or :gags: Skyrim)

You know something is deeply wrong when Skyrim does a better job than this game...

This..

I never thought I would "Want" Skyrim Stealth AI.. A Bandit looking around for me with three arrows embedded in his skull..
But at least the AI actually has to find you.. We live in dark times.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom