Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Codex Conquer Club

hoothoot

Arcane
Patron
So has my conquering conquered the conquer club or do you all concur that we should keep on conquering?

Wild Slop

Arcane
You conquer at a minimal, don't be so quick to boast. You had that last Stalingrad in your grasp only to hoot it up.

You wear a crown but it is one of paper. Awarded to children from a fast food burger joint.

However, I will say, what little you did win was enough to get me to change my attack ad against you in my signature. So well done on that.

Keep going? Yes!

hoothoot

Arcane
Patron
memories of Stalingrad flood hoots mind

*shakes head*

What was your old sig? Im on the phone and dont get to see :(

Wild Slop

Arcane
I don't recall exactly. I had a number of variants over the years. Mostly forgetting that it was there, collecting dust.

Before this one it was something along the lines of "Hoodoo fears honorable battle. Do you? Join up! ".

hoothoot

Arcane
Patron
Ah, and now youve changed it to something along the lines of "come bask in the glory of hoothoots unassailable magnifence - conquerclub.com" im guessing?

Wild Slop

Arcane
Be sure to double check that you have Ended your turn!

This is something I noticed yesterday ( and may have been what happened to Willow one time)....
While looking at the games up I saw that I was still listed taking my turn in after I thought I ended it. Went back in to hit End again - It took that time and I was able to collect Spoils.

Not doing this could run you out of time ( 1hr) and might cost you earned spoils.

Black_Willow Looks like you fell a victim to this. Woe!

2020-05-20 14:24:23 - BlackWillow88 received 3 troops for 11 regions
2020-05-20 14:26:40 - BlackWillow88 deployed 3 troops on Rynok North Inf
2020-05-20 14:26:49 - BlackWillow88 assaulted Rynok Inf from Rynok North Inf and conquered it from Dreedo
2020-05-20 14:27:20 - BlackWillow88 assaulted Dzerzhinsky North Inf from Rynok Inf and conquered it from Bliblablubb
2020-05-20 14:27:46 - BlackWillow88 assaulted G 16th Div Arm from Rynok Fields Inf and conquered it from baud
2020-05-20 15:24:23 - BlackWillow88 ran out of time
You make a good turn but the End Turn didn't take.

Keep your head in the game! The enemy is watching.

Wild Slop

Arcane
Great game! Team action! The Good Guys win!

Turns out North of the river was key to our victory!
Thanks for the tip, hoothoot

Revisiting Stalingrad that 1st time after being so rusty to Conquer Club's ways took a little adjusting.

I'll say that Stalingrad, Conquer Rome, King's Court II are quintessential Conquer Club maps. Top notch, must plays!
You have Conquer Clubbed till you Conquer Rome'd.

King Billy, if you ever find yourself in a position to play classic board game Risk, you're going to be a star... but be longing for those 3.

We did Stalingrad, lets get to the other 2 when we can.

While I'm at it Peloponnesian War and Third Crusade are good maps too.

I was looking over some old favorites.
Turns out hoothoot was always a troublemaker too.

Last edited:

hoothoot

Arcane
Patron
That game was brutal

Il make new game on the train when i get out bed for real. Conquer Rome does sound good.

Reckon should try it with trench warfare?

hoothoot

Arcane
Patron
Ever want back in or want play a certain map just say.

Anyone know anyone might want to play? 6 is a good number. Otherwise il rmk the other maps.

Wild Slop

Arcane
Hootie is trying to make short work of this map.

We were looking over one of the older games and saw it had gone on for so long it was listed as going to round 40 ( apparently there was a loss of progress at one point due to a server update conflict, so it was even longer). The game lasted around a month!

Here we are with an eager, impulsive Hootman that now thinks he can end it in the next 3 turns... Will he?

Dreed as Blue, you might be the power needed to oppose the RED MENACE.

Those Yellow circles dotted across the map? They are capitals and connect to Vicarious Seats. Holding them is required for Region bonuses, as well as opens positions to higher levels of Government.
I noticed you've been neglecting them. A very costly mistake! Taking the seat in Alexandria alone will net you +3 troops per turn.

*NOOOO as of the writing of this I see you just took your turn!

A foul Monkey sits on the Western Throne, banana peels strewn about the once glorious palace. Are we not men? Will we allow this?

Last edited:

baud

Arcane
Patron
RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Those Yellow circles dotted across the map? They are capitals and connect to Vicarious Seats. Holding them is required for Region bonuses, as well as opens positions to higher levels of Government.
I noticed you've been neglecting them. A very costly mistake! Taking the seat in Alexandria alone will net you +3 troops per turn.

The Vicarious Seat are the province in the upper right corner of the map if you had missed them before

hoothoot

Arcane
Patron

Enticed BW back with a 2v2v2

Also take a look at the browser game Neptunes Pride. If you all are keen we can try that for a bit. Getting a bit burnt out on CC as well.

Pw 123

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom