Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Codex Conquer Club

Wild Slop

Arcane
I think you got me to sign up on that before so I probably got an account. I could give it shot.

Why not?

hoothoot

Arcane
Patron
Reasons why not from the WS perspective:

-how can i operate treacherously in this new game?
-how can i operate treacherously in this new game without being considered im operating treacherously in this new game?
-what is the nature treachery?

Bro just play can betray people easy its like made for that omg

Wild Slop

Arcane
I'm not like you! I don't betray.

I can get confused from time to time. For example: Try as I might I can't find that old account. Make a new one I must.

baud

Arcane
Patron
RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Funny, I've done an handful of match on this map, also in trench mode. Also lost all of them, but maybe this time it will be different

hoothoot

Arcane
Patron
Its all about the PMs :smug:

If you all arr getting burnt out want to start this next one (Eurasis) and then think about Neptunes Pride? It has no turns just log orders a couple times a day. Great diplomatic 4x in your browser.

baud

Arcane
Patron
RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Its all about the PMs :smug:

If you all arr getting burnt out want to start this next one (Eurasis) and then think about Neptunes Pride? It has no turns just log orders a couple times a day. Great diplomatic 4x in your browser.

Doesn't Neptune's pride has a real-time component? As in you got a big advantage if you log in every day?

hoothoot

Arcane
Patron
Most powerful aspect is diplomacy because can gift techs and money and when you launch ships the minimum travel time is a few hours.

Wild Slop

Arcane
I've had a problem since where certain messages in the browser's chat comes through as gibberish Chinese characters. I first noticed this with Bliblablubb, and thought it was just Bliblablubb being Bliblablubb. Bliblablubb.

Recently I was out for a couple days and was able to get ahold of somebody's device to complete my CC obligation. The Chinese gibberish was there too. So it's not just my PC.

Does anybody have this problem?

I'm wondering if it's a certain key being used (character pressed) that is triggering this.

Bliblablubb

Arcane
I've had a problem since where certain messages in the browser's chat comes through as gibberish Chinese characters. I first noticed this with Bliblablubb, and thought it was just Bliblablubb being Bliblablubb. Bliblablubb.
You say that because I was "yellow". That's racist. Reported!

TBH I was about to ragequit this game the other day. I had amassed a yuge army, was about to push back koalaboi AND bw, AND cut into their income.... then I lost more than 20 troops in 2 rounds, gaining nothing. Against defenders of 2. Now THEY pushed me back and might even win this.
When all your strategy is for naught and the game becomes a slot machine thanks to the crappy RNG, it's hard to motivate yourself to continue... :argh:

Wild Slop

Arcane
The two against the hoard.
One armed with a stick, the other a sword.
Bravely they held for sake of the land.
Regarding the foe at where they did stand.
The enemy bubbled and fumbled about
T'was plain which were the ones holding clout

A lesson to all who would follow Bliblablubb
Who leads only to grave, true master the grub

Bliblablubb

Arcane
I swear this game has a hidden mechanic to make you loose more if you have yuge armies, just to even the odds.
Deploy 8 and you win almost every fight. Outnumber your enemies 6 to 1 .... and you loose them all. Twice. :argh:
:negative:

Wild Slop

Arcane
vk7V9Vj.png

baud This is what I'm seeing some of the time. I'm posting an edit here in open to show the problem to all.

Note that the "snap :: 11~?..." is counting up from the previous "snap :: 10~?..." if I were to go back through all of the chat you'd see it going down 9 8 7 each time the text appears in Chinese.
I don't know what that means other than a tally of how many times Hoothoot intercepted and scrambled the communication between us.

baud

Arcane
Patron
vk7V9Vj.png

baud This is what I'm seeing some of the time. I'm posting an edit here in open to show the problem to all.

Note that the "snap :: 11~?..." is counting up from the previous "snap :: 10~?..." if I were to go back through all of the chat you'd see it going down 9 8 7 each time the text appears in Chinese.
I don't know what that means other than a tally of how many times Hoothoot intercepted and scrambled the communication between us.

Weird, especially as my messages weren't that long. I guess translating the messages doesn't give anything?

Bliblablubb

Arcane
And the story of Sloppy accusing everyone of being chinese continues. Plot twist: the chinese was in HIM all along. :obviously:

Note that the "snap :: 11~?..." is counting up from the previous "snap :: 10~?..."I don't know what that means other than a tally of how many times Hoothoot intercepted and scrambled the communication between us.
Dat snap just means the game has saved a snapshot of the current turn for you to watch later and despair, reviewing the hopeless situation you have brought yourself into.

Bliblablubb

Arcane
Blib u keen at all for space 4x in your browser?

Or enjoying being a mohammadum too much?
I see you have already accepted the superiority of my black brownish people taking over yurop. :obviously:
It's all your fault y'know. If you hadn't invaded my peaceful barbarian orphanage on the rome map, my people wouldn't have developed a taste for koala kebap.

Well, as long as it isn't some high maintenance real time "don't log in for 2 hours and you loose" type browser game....

Bliblablubb

Arcane
Awwww... I had my people build so many canoes for "Operation Sealionsheep", but it turns out you didn't have the balls to invade airstrip one after all.
Worst France ever!

Sad.

Bliblablubb

Arcane
Noooo? I guess Sloppy Joe lives there. For now.

But every selfrespecting frenchman would have of made it his priority to bring that treacherous island back to where it rightfully belongs! :obviously:

Instead of attacking Spain, your traditional ally. Traitor gonna 'tray I guess....

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom