Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

EA wins "Worst Company in America 2012", reacts butthurt

Azalin

Arcane
Patron
Additionally, he pointed to Battlefield 3's postlaunch marketing campaign, which he reported at an estimated $30 million.

FFS,what did they spent all that money on,drugs and hookers?And if this was only the postlaunch campaign,how much did they spend if you count the prelaunch one too?50mill?100mill?It's ridicilous,Hollywood spends that much money on movie marketing campaigns

Dexter

Arcane
Additionally, he pointed to Battlefield 3's postlaunch marketing campaign, which he reported at an estimated $30 million.

FFS,what did they spent all that money on,drugs and hookers?And if this was only the postlaunch campaign,how much did they spend if you count the prelaunch one too?50mill?100mill?It's ridicilous,Hollywood spends that much money on movie marketing campaigns
Battlefield 3 had a 100 Million Pre-Launch Marketing campaign: http://www.g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/po...-million-on-battlefield-3-marketing-campaign/ , they also sold over 10 Million copies though.

Azalin

Arcane
Patron

Battlefield 3 had a 100 Million Pre-Launch Marketing campaign: http://www.g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/po...-million-on-battlefield-3-marketing-campaign/ , they also sold over 10 Million copies though.

So 130 million in total?:retarded:
200 milion dollar blockbusterfilm have that kind of worldwide marketting budget.
BTW I bet the actual development cost a third of that ot less

So 130 million in total?:retarded:
200 milion dollar blockbusterfilm have that kind of worldwide marketting budget.
BTW I bet the actual development cost a third of that ot less

Games have been worth more than movies for a long time. This is normal.

Cassidy

Arcane
They need to hype the sheeple they are going to rip off. That is more important than gameplay, graphics, replayability or any kind of actual game development.

BLOBERT

FUCKING SLAYINGN IT BROS
Patron
Codex 2012
BRO DONT HATE THE SHEEPLE CAUSE WE ARE THE SHEEPLE THAT THE ANTICORPORATE KICKSTARTER CROWD MARKETS

ArcturusXIV

Cipher
I would put that Golden Poo (TM) on the back of every EA Box to remind customers of what they're investing in with their $300 million gold winning game.

Angthoron

Arcane
Well, whatever the case, EA's stock took a dent from yesterday's articles again.

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron

Only half that marketing budget, and think about it for a moment: We could get an Ultima game from Obsidian instead!

Dexter

Arcane
Only half that marketing budget, and think about it for a moment: We could get an Ultima game from Obsidian instead!

“Marketing is what you do when your product is no good” - Edwin H. Land, founder of Polaroid

Love that quote :P

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I don't get it. Black Isle was shut down, it was Cain who jumped ship before the end.

Anyway, nice video. Here's another one:

Stinger

Arcane
I don't get it. Black Isle was shut down, it was Cain who jumped ship before the end.

Avellone jumped ship before Van Buren and Black Isle died too iirc. That's when Sawyer stepped in as lead dev for VB...before leaving soon as well.

It probably helps his argument to use Avellone over Tim Cain since Obsidian is still alive- though I'm assuming that's thanks to Feargus over anyone else.

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.
At least the EA logo is a simple indicator of piles of shit. They care enough to let me know where their piece of shit games are.

"Watches EA remove logo from games to increase sales".

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom