Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

From Software Elden Ring - From Software's new game with writing by GRRM

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Sounds super fun. :roll:

It is. Elden Ring in particular is among the best suited games for it, along side Dark Souls 1 where they actually expected you to do it.

SL1 runs are all about exploiting the shit out of every item or skill the game offers you, and Elden Ring has a ton of options and a ton of shit you can abuse.

Bohrain

Liturgist
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Got it something like three weeks ago, first FromSoft title I've played. Already sunk 100 hours or so. For the longest time I didn't want to play any soulsbournes because I'm awful at learning and reacting to enemy patterns, but the game never really warrants you becoming impeccable at dodging and parrying. Currently doing a bleed build, which makes the game so much easier compared to running around with Grafted Greatsword which I did initially.

Bleed had always been an easy way to go through souls games. They used to counter this by making bleed weapons like katanas or knives either extremely fragile or very short range. The weapon you get in one of the early areas can easily carry you for half of the game simply because durability isn't a thing anymore.

vota DC

Augur
Finished now, no idea why I had to fight a cheerleader and a giant penis at the end, It tainted the final victory....I mean the first boss (soldier of Godrick) looks more menacing.

Doktor Best

Arcane
Yet another 500 page dedicated to a game the Codex 'hates'. I see nothing has changed.

Is it really hated here? Or just Codex being edgy as usual?

I'm still in the middle of my playthrough and i am having a grand time. I still have a lot to do to form a proper opinion but right now i even like the open world. Already uncovered so many side areas, secret passages to later areas and other cool stuff, it eludes me how anyone can compare this to asscreed openworld with a straight face.

I heard some bosses in lategame can be dickheads so lets see, but if this game doesnt take a total nosedive qualitywise it might iust become my new favorite Fromsoft game.

fork

Get rid of the fucktarded anime combos (both players and enemies), aoe attacks, way oversized weapons (other than weapons with special lore), increase stamina costs of actions, slow down movement, make each combat decision more consequential. Eliminate katanas from the game.

Not happening, sorry.
Play Dark Souls PTDE.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Lol, barely coherent afterthought bullshit. Now in PDF format. And after reading it they still won't know shit.

I liked the first section of this video which i think is a better approach to explain the "lore":

I got bored once he started talking about Gwendolyn or whatever.

I do not necessarely hate the cryptic or mysterious nature of the lore in this game but there has to be a limit on how invested you can become in something that is ultimately just made up bullshit lmao.

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Yet another 500 page dedicated to a game the Codex 'hates'. I see nothing has changed.

Is it really hated here? Or just Codex being edgy as usual?

I'm still in the middle of my playthrough and i am having a grand time. I still have a lot to do to form a proper opinion but right now i even like the open world. Already uncovered so many side areas, secret passages to later areas and other cool stuff, it eludes me how anyone can compare this to asscreed openworld with a straight face.

I heard some bosses in lategame can be dickheads so lets see, but if this game doesnt take a total nosedive qualitywise it might iust become my new favorite Fromsoft game.
Great game, it was my 2022 GOTY tbh. It's pretty divisive though before factoring in that some 'dexers are just sandy vaginas about pretty much everything.

fork

Lol, barely coherent afterthought bullshit. Now in PDF format. And after reading it they still won't know shit.

I liked the first section of this video which i think is a better approach to explain the "lore":

I got bored once he started talking about Gwendolyn or whatever.

I do not necessarely hate the cryptic or mysterious nature of the lore in this game but there has to be a limit on how invested you can become in something that is ultimately just made up bullshit lmao.

Thank god you can mostly ignore the lore in FromSoft titles.

somerandomdude

Learned
Great game, it was my 2022 GOTY tbh. It's pretty divisive though before factoring in that some 'dexers are just sandy vaginas about pretty much everything.
2022 wasn't exactly a great year for gaming, so Elden Ring is easily GOTY for me. I haven't played anything that's even a close 2nd contender.

fork

They're Unity asset flips, which are worth getting in a sale if you like survival horror and don't mind some bugs.
Pretty sure both are essentially single dev projects.
If you rated games by fun/man hours of work, they're both significantly better than ER.
Dollars/hour, probably not. Still worth checking out.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
ER is good enough, but next Souls game more like first Dark Souls, please, but open world will stay thanks to almost 20 million copies sold.

I visited Margit with beginner gear, and got huehue'd, but got him after some exploring, and leveling up, still with starter gear. Hardest first boss of my life. (Not really, but a pita.)

fork

ER is good enough, but next Souls game more like first Dark Souls, please, but open world will stay thanks to almost 20 million copies sold.

I visited Margit with beginner gear, and got huehue'd, but got him after some exploring, and leveling up, still with starter gear. Hardest first boss of my life. (Not really, but a pita.)
I bet you won't finish this one.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

I bet you won't finish this one.
The only boss I didn't beat is Malenia, but I blame that on poor eyesight.

fork

Well, I guess I'm just not a gamer anymore.
I found Elden Ring beyond banal/shit/boring, embarrassing even.
I played 15 hours longer than I enjoyed it and still didn't finish it.
Stopped in Crumbling Farum Azula (?lol?) or whatever it's called.
What a shitshow this game is. A mockery of Dark Souls.

Well, I guess I'm just not a gamer anymore.
I found Elden Ring beyond banal/shit/boring, embarrassing even.
I played 15 hours longer than I enjoyed it and still didn't finish it.
Stopped in Crumbling Farum Azula (?lol?) or whatever it's called.
What a shitshow this game is. A mockery of Dark Souls.
You beat 90% of the game only to decide it wasn't worth it?

fork

Yes.
It's FromSoft after all. But it kept getting worse.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom