Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Homeworld 3 from Blackbird Interactive

Zboj Lamignat

Arcane
Just saw the SkillUp review and since he's somewhat positive about the quality of cutscenes I decided to look them up.
The SkillUp dude was coping hard.
Was that guy even born when the original games released? Not that I don't appreciate kids having a go at classics, but, eh, opinion disregarded.

jebsmoker

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In I helped put crap in Monomyth
y7Dk6pW.png

billions must hyperspace

Mortmal

Arcane
Just read them, it looks really bad, pretty much inferior to previous games and old PC gaming overall if the reviews are true.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Been watching 20 minutes or so of his video, and man if he isn't going full ADHD zoomer mode when browsing the in-game options. He should really calm down a bit.

Last edited:

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
-Started watching the intro cutscene-

Seriously just straight, nonstop exposition ("Imma scientist just like grandma, I super smart and sad and introspective, totally not mary sue bullshit lol") while staring at the protag's face. Skip to another cutscene, more camera panning over the face during exposition. Skip to end of game. Even more face staring over exposition.

Muh PhD. Who fucking wrote this shit? Who okayed it?

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
Let's see. A woman with a PhD degree in a liberal field from a communist university. I'm not really sure what you were expecting there.

It boggles the mind that this got past possible multiple writers, editors, storyboarders, an animation team, voice actors, management, etc.

This is what happens when people are completely disassociated from their work, and any criticism is squashed or worse, people are too scared to even speak up.

Could you imagine being a sane person working in one of these companies? Like the people working on the actual gameplay? Feels bad man.

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
Let's see. A woman with a PhD degree in a liberal field from a communist university. I'm not really sure what you were expecting there.

It boggles the mind that this got past possible multiple writers, editors, storyboarders, an animation team, voice actors, management, etc.

This is what happens when people are completely disassociated from their work, and any criticism is squashed or worse, people are too scared to even speak up.

Could you imagine being a sane person working in one of these companies? Like the people working on the actual gameplay? Feels bad man.
Optimistic of you to think this somehow "got past people" and wasn't tacitly approved of by everyone involved. I imagine sane people in actual positions to do something tangible about this are far and few between these days.

I think it was approved because it was simply something they could show, as opposed to them agreeing with what it said. Software development is sometimes hell.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Article she wrote:
https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/games-industry-broken-zoë-curnoe?trk=public_profile_article_view

Note: I use the term "woman" and "women" in this article inclusively to include all who identify as women, non-binary and trans.

I have worked my entire career to stamp out the behaviour recently brought to light at Blizzard/Activision. I have worked my entire career to lift up women and marginalized people in the games industry and to bring more of them into this industry. This is what we do, women and marginalized folks in this industry. Every. Single. Day.

Explains everything.

More stuff:

At every studio I have worked at I have experienced outright sexism, systemic sexism and either experienced myself or witnessed sexual harassment.
I worked on and openly make fun of my laugh. It was too loud, too shrill for their liking. No one told them to stop.
At this same company a very senior man slapped and groped my butt at the company Christmas party in full view of multiple co-workers. When I complained to his manager I was told he had a drinking problem and I shouldn’t be “so harsh”. This man is even more senior now and still works there.
I have spent SO MUCH time educating folks about what inclusion looks like and why they should care.
There is a tax to being a woman in this industry that white cis men do not experience. It is exhausting and I am exhausted and so is every other woman and marginalized person in this industry.

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Definitely wait for a TRUSTED review on this one aka not AngryJoe/IGN types who say OHMYFUCKINGAWD THIS GAME IS AWESOME IM PSYCHED!!!!! 1!1!1!!!1 no matter how woke or otherwise shit the game is.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Imagine working in an industry that hates your guts, I mean if it was true. She went to work every day to have men harass her, laugh at her retarded comments, finger her bum at parties, and probably spit in her vegan soup. But she still went there, every day.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
Lol wut industry?

The games industry is currently imploding, thousands are losing their jobs, the top most wishlisted game on steam is a solodev citybuilder, there hasn't been a non-shit, non-Japanese AAA game in years, most talented gamdevs have already left, etc etc.

What's left are the dregs, funded by shady corps that want to sell your data, kill the planet and probably eat your soul.

Black

Arcane
They're banning people for noticing the game used a Sweet Baby-like consultation company.
o1llYAe.png

It's not even a steam janny ban, it's a dev ban. The Beast is afraid.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom