Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Jagged Alliance 3 from Haemimont Games

Vityaz

Augur
U6tLmxo.png

lol, Igor is also completely smitten with Kalyna, promising that he will make sure she gets a proper husband.

I actually wonder how Ivan reacts to her, since they added a lot more merc reactions/interactions than the usual 2 likes and 2 dislikes from JA2.

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

Atlet

Self-Ejected
Vatnik
Played this weekend a ton. Not gonna read the thread anymore. Wanna dig the game by my own and lose myself innit. Cheers for those who stay.

Suicidal

Arcane
Looks like modders are already fixing some of the stupid design decisions of the game, like armor not showing up on your mercs.

Apparently, someone just enabled a code that was already in the game for it.

How can you make it, and imagine the game would be better without it?

Maybe they started working on it, finished half way and just commented out all the code? :lol:

Jonathan "Zee Nekomimi

Hoarder of loli kats./ Funny ^._.^= ∫
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
I actually wonder how Ivan reacts to her, since they added a lot more merc reactions/interactions than the usual 2 likes and 2 dislikes from JA2.
So far i haven't had a reply from Ivan, only from igor related to her (Have the slava trio in a separated squad)

Modron

Arcane
Maybe they started working on it, finished half way and just commented out all the code? :lol:
Probably, you can see the clothes clipping through the armor in the above clip. Fair amount of work to make sure every model plays nice. Only games I've seen do proper armor/clothing layering is Silent Storm Sentinels*, KCD, and Examina. (*and thus Hammer and Sickle as well).

lycanwarrior

Scholar
The game is ok as an unbalanced xcom clone, as JA2 1.13 fan the game falls short, as a JA2 vanilla fan it also fail short in certain areas of tactics, inventory and maps, while it adds more RPG elements. If you have nothing better to do, the game will suffice to absorb your attention. I gave the game a second chance and left the tutorial island and had also captured new port on the mainland on my old save. So far it's 5-6/10 game, if they balance it and overhaul some mechanics[upgrades, inventory, weight] it might be even 7/10. Mind you this game is a child's play compared to JA 2 1.13 with sevenfm AI, the battles take like 15-20 minutes here, while in that mod it's 60-120min depending on the size of the map and enemy team size, a lot more suppression usage, much more utilities, laying mines, sneaking around. Jagged Alliance 3 encompasses best what zoomers like, so no wonder the game had such a good reception despite being an unknown franchise with fairly low budget and low marketing. Have i said before how i dislike zoomers and teenagers and everything that caters to them?
Zoomers and Millenials were a mistake haha.

Although to be fair, so were the Boomers.

The only good generation was GENX. IMHO of course...

Hobo Elf

Arcane
Bitch ass game pulls a fast one on me just as I managed to capture half the map and even have fully trained militia in them. Now I lost everything, even the mines. The mines!!

cpmartins

Cipher
Bitch ass game pulls a fast one on me just as I managed to capture half the map and even have fully trained militia in them. Now I lost everything, even the mines. The mines!!
Yeah, if you deploy any kind of trap in a map, you either disarm them getting the usual 1-2 parts or leave them there so some dumbfuck militiaman/civvie steps in it on the next tactical encounter. The answer is always the latter.

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
I kinda like the guy but i remember only hiring him once because my favorite merc with high medicine skill despises him and refuses to work if he is on the team. Gontarski was also a caricature on Arnie in english version. And in russian version he was voiced like a dumbass potato caricature. Arnold-wannabe is just not possible in russian, since he always was dubbed\voiced normally in movies.
Bobby 'Steroid' Gontarski is more of a McBain / Rainier Wolfcastle reference, though Wolfcastle himself is a parody of Arnold Schwarzenegger.

iu
giphy.gif
giphy.gif

tenor.gif
iu
iu

Fargus

Arcane
Just stormed Pierre's little fort and discovered that niggers have weakness to mustard gas and headshots. They also like to dance around in the mustard fog and run through it so they could die faster and spare me some time. Also local camper Jamal with rocket launcher nearly sodomized my IMP merc and Raven but got shot in the face.

raeven

Educated
Looks like modders are already fixing some of the stupid design decisions of the game, like armor not showing up on your mercs.

Apparently, someone just enabled a code that was already in the game for it.

What an excellent demonstration of why this was a bad idea in the first place.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
Don't worry. The rocker launcher dudes have like a 40% chance of blowing themselves up by point-blanking a wall.

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
I wonder what the uncontested authority on Jagged Alliance, Lilura , has to say about this here game.

(gaem is shit btw, everyone comparing it to JA2 should be beheaded)

Strange Fellow

Peculiar
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
boys I am getting properly fed up with pixel hunting a million billion containers on ever single goddamn map

modders get a move on

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
boys I am getting properly fed up with pixel hunting a million billion containers on ever single goddamn map

modders get a move on
Gotto be some pain to it, otherwise why even have it. The option is to ignore, if you can fight the gaming autism that is :cool:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom