Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Jagged Alliance 3 from Haemimont Games

PanteraNera

Arcane
Pro tipp for all the guys running out of ammo, you can use the wire cutter with explosives to make gun powder!

dXtdoZN.jpg

XEuhunX.jpg

4o5ieoR.jpg

Beowulf

Arcane
Oh - one more thing. It seems like raising your stats doesn't work for increasing your AP's or increasing the backpack space. Seems like your mercs are stuck with what they have from the start.

So it turns out that you have to cross certain thresholds for those attributes and it should work as intended. Point is, you might be starting from the lower limit of your current threshold and it might take some time to increase your stats sufficiently.

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Oh - one more thing. It seems like raising your stats doesn't work for increasing your AP's or increasing the backpack space. Seems like your mercs are stuck with what they have from the start.

So it turns out that you have to cross certain thresholds for those attributes and it should work as intended. Point is, you might be starting from the lower limit of your current threshold and it might take some time to increase your stats sufficiently.

Dunno how one can raise his STR other than merc training, characters STR is already low.
Not that effective I think.

Lord of Riva

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Pathfinder: Wrath
Oh yes, who thinks Vicky has a good trait with the repairing, don't fall for it. I though I could save time, if it makes a difference I have not seen it. Get someone useful, here voice lines are also annoying, so yeah.

Strange Fellow

Peculiar
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Please don't say such hurtful things about my waifu, mon. Her mechanical is excellent, and her ambidexterity is fun. I'm running dual pistols and having a blast with them. Fully modded they doesn't suffer much in the way of range, and the headshot crits come thick and fast. For single shot damage she easily beats out the snippers.

Lord of Riva

Arcane
Patron
Please don't say such hurtful things about my waifu, mon. Her mechanical is excellent, and her ambidexterity is fun. I'm running dual pistols and having a blast with them. Fully modded they doesn't suffer much in the way of range, and the headshot crits come thick and fast. For single shot damage she easily beats out the snippers.

I mean I'm using her exactly like your describe, though she definitely misses more than most mercs due to dual pistols even when she is ambidextrous and it's also not AP efficient. But in any case her trait is arse and I believe there is another ambidextrous merc.

PanteraNera

Arcane
Since yesterday I always field two full teams and I got annoyed that one team had a 66% speed modifier, while the other had a 67%. Which means I always had to wait just a couple of minutes for the second team. After a lot of moving mercs around, I actually thought the total speed modifier was the average agility, I learned that the highest leadership merc determines the modifier.

My IMP has 91 which gives the 66% speed modifier and Raider has 92 which give 67%.

So if you want to travel faster, have actual troop leaders.

catchaser

Savant
What should i do with slave master Graaf? Should i let him oversee the mine, kill him, or let him go in exchange for his stash? Is the town reputation even worth it? I heard he provides extra 2000$ income if he's left as the overseer.

Lord of Riva

Arcane
Patron
What should i do with slave master Graaf? Should i let him oversee the mine, kill him, or let him go in exchange for his stash? Is the town reputation even worth it? I heard he provides extra 2000$ income if he's left as the overseer.

Depends on how you are strapped for cash I would think. The mine will run dry eventually and I do not know if the ending is influenced by such things.

PanteraNera

Arcane

I mean I'm using her exactly like your describe, though she definitely misses more than most mercs due to dual pistols even when she is ambidextrous and it's also not AP efficient. But in any case her trait is arse and I believe there is another ambidextrous merc.
Meltdown and Fox both have ambidextrous as well.

Vicky's skill works only for her equipped stuff, not the teams, nor her stuff in her inventory.
So if you want to repair something overtime with her skill, equip it on her.

Strange Fellow

Peculiar
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Oh, and another great thing about Vicki is her personal lockpicking kit. One less resource to worry about. Good shooter, expert mechanic, opens everything. She's good value for money in my book.

Grampy_Bone

Arcane
Wandering the world randomly in search of maps
Curious that some people are reporting flush with cash and others barely making ends meet. I rushed two mines ASAP after prologue and I am comfortably around 150k but not swimming in money. I have 5 mercs plus IMP guy and the only non rookie is Raven. Playing on commando with forgiving mode off.

Since town rep boosts mine income I have been trying to max it for cacao and fleatown, I also did the operation to boost Cacao mine output. The question is do the mines run out after a specific amount of time or after a specific production level? If it's time based then you want to max out loyalty asap, if it's a finite dollar amount then loyalty isn't hugely important.

I admit the idea that I'm going to run out of cash and have to restart the game isn't appealing, but as long as it's a fairly generous time limit like nations defecting in xcom or the mutants in fallout it's not a huge deal.

Lord of Riva

Arcane
Patron

Meltdown and Fox both have ambidextrous as well.

Vicky's skill works only for her equipped stuff, not the teams, nor her stuff in her inventory.
So if you want to repair something overtime with her skill, equip it on her.
Ah I see. Well she is a great mechanic (and the lockpick is neat) it's not like she is unusable but I had not figured that out yet.

PanteraNera

Arcane
Ah I see. Well she is a great mechanic (and the lockpick is neat) it's not like she is unusable but I had not figured that out yet.
I hired her for the same reason, I thought it would repair the teams equipped stuff.
Her skill gives her also bonus damage and crit chance if the gun she is using is fully modded.

VXpeGDB.jpg

5vC7m6s.jpg

Fargus

Arcane
ambidexterity

Its annoying that you can't seem to have ambidexterity for IMP merc.

Curious that some people are reporting flush with cash and others barely making ends meet. I rushed two mines ASAP after prologue and I am comfortably around 150k but not swimming in money. I have 5 mercs plus IMP guy and the only non rookie is Raven. Playing on commando with forgiving mode off.

Since town rep boosts mine income I have been trying to max it for cacao and fleatown, I also did the operation to boost Cacao mine output. The question is do the mines run out after a specific amount of time or after a specific production level? If it's time based then you want to max out loyalty asap, if it's a finite dollar amount then loyalty isn't hugely important.

I admit the idea that I'm going to run out of cash and have to restart the game isn't appealing, but as long as it's a fairly generous time limit like nations defecting in xcom or the mutants in fallout it's not a huge deal.

Im on commando as well. Income is abysmal because loyalty rises way too slow. Barely 30-40k a week. I have 4 bottom tier mercs and one vet and on next payday will have to ditch someone. Its not end of the world of course.

But i will probably just restart if i come back to it next time, i'm bored with the game already and going to play something else.

Beowulf

Arcane

Dunno how one can raise his STR other than merc training, characters STR is already low.
Not that effective I think.

Merc training and also by hitting people with your fists. I haven't checked if that works with free attacks against villagers

ArchAngel

Arcane
I watched gameplay a bit more on twitch and I cannot see what you guys see here. Short range combat, enemy being completely blind to your presence even at close range during daytime.. even in nuXcom enemy has same sight range as players..
People setup MG overwatch from one screen distance, enemy completely blind and then move others to start combat so MG can murder everyone before they get a turn.. this is such terrible gameplay, even worse than nuXcom.

I think you bunch are only enjoying it because it is easy and you feel good beating a game for kids.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I enjoy it because it is fun, and good, despite some flaws.

It's no less easy than Phoenix Point.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Man, the health bloat is getting to me now in the late game or wherever I am currently. Having to shoot a guy center-mass for him to die with 3-4 mercs kinda sucks. Should have just made it harder to hit stuff, while having the deadliness high instead of this tiresome stuff. Probably the one and biggest issue I have with the game.

PanteraNera

Arcane
I watched gameplay a bit more on twitch and I cannot see what you guys see here. Short range combat, enemy being completely blind to your presence even at close range during daytime.. even in nuXcom enemy has same sight range as players..
People setup MG overwatch from one screen distance, enemy completely blind and then move others to start combat so MG can murder everyone before they get a turn.. this is such terrible gameplay, even worse than nuXcom.

I think you bunch are only enjoying it because it is easy and you feel good beating a game for kids.
Well it is the same with me, I can not understand how any "true" fan of the original XCOM can like Phoenix Point.

XCOM and Jagged Alliance are beside Fallout 1(!) my all time favorites. While neither XCOM, nor Fallout managed to ever come close to the old games, Jagged Alliance 3 actually managed to do that, for me.

And ever since Gollop and Snapshot Games fucked up Phoenix Point I completely lost faith in "modern gaming". In fact Jagged Alliance 3 was the least promising game for me, on my small list of games I was looking forward to. Well it surprised me for good, in a positive way.

Does it have short comings? Absolutely! I fucking hate what they did to the inventory, it is a clear downgrade from Jagged Alliance 2 vanilla, and I hoped for something more in line of 1.13. But that is, to me, the worst thing about the whole game.

I can't belief saying this, but I actually think I am close to having as much fun as I had with Jagged Alliance 2, back in the days. That has never happened before. By reading your complains, it is absolutely clear, that you will never get the feel for it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom