Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Knights of the Chalice 2 Thread - Augury of Chaos

Reinhardt

Arcane
what i recommend is start smol. do prologue to your 600+ hours module first.

Reinhardt

Arcane
Starting small is also a very good advice.
for me it went "ok, let's make starting area > how about adding secret area to starting area > how about adding unbeatable secret boss to secret area in starting area > how about adding bad end to unbeatable boss in secret area in starting area > how about adding bonus for further plays for every bad end collected > ok, let's just make starting area..."

jagged-jimmy

Prophet
Codex 2012
My module creation attempt died because of an NPC disappearing on the 2nd map entry/load or something similar i could not understand... And i could not debug it, because i have only "programmer UI" by Pierre at my disposal. I'd rather write something from scratch myself and have full control. It's a hobby anyway (i.e. vapoware).

Jermu

Arbiter
Patron
Small Update / Patch Notes
Posted Sat, August 19
Knights of the Chalice 2 Version 1.63https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1233530/view/3666546210108181879

Hello everyone! I hope you're well. Here's version 1.63 of Knights of the Chalice 2. It's a small update. Here's the list of changes:

• Fixed a bug with the 'auto-add actions' feature of the 'Set Dialog' command in the Script Editor. In version 1.62, actions would be added automatically even when you're only editing an existing script line, not adding a new one.
  • Fixed a bug that could occur in the Module Editor when changing something in the Edit Map Datascreen. This would happen only if you played the game before launching the editor.
  • Fixed display bugs in full-screen mode when environmental effects such as fog are displayed on a map that is smaller than the screen. Thank you so much @Dorateen for letting me know about this bug and about the one with 'auto-add actions'! Be sure to check out Dorateen's module Hearkenwold if you haven't already done so. There's also a forum thread for the module.
  • Added three new environmental sound effects that can be placed on any map using the Module Editor: Ship wood creaking, Sea waves, and Seagulls. These should be a great addition for any map featuring a boat, beach, harbour or large river. In the Module Editor, you'll find them in the menu under
    'Other Tools' and then under 'Add Sound Sources'.
Separately, I've finished working on a new large isometric background image for a mountain map that will be used in the upcoming adventure module,
The Dark Arena. I'll present it in the next Kickstarter update, coming soon. I think that's the last one of the big maps I wanted to work on for The Dark Arena. I have a few more maps to do, but they will be smaller.

I'm mostly focusing on The Dark Arena now, but rest assured, I'll keep on improving the base game and particularly the graphics, as promised.

Meanwhile, please feel free to spread the word about the KotC 2 goodness to RPG newcomers -- meaning people who only know Baldur's Gate 3. Thank you!!

Please don't hesitate to email me at enquiries@heroicfantasygames.com if you find any bugs and annoyances, so that I can fix the game quickly. A saved gamemay be very helpful, too.

Thank You For Your Support, Dauntless Knights of the Realm! Best Regards ^_^

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://www.kickstarter.com/project...-revolutionise-old-school-crpgs/posts/3871486

Update #74: KotC 2 1.63 Adds Sea Sounds + New Mountain Map & Ice Plane Map!​

Hi everyone! In the past month, I focused on the creation of two new isometric maps for the upcoming KotC 2 adventure module, The Dark Arena. There was also a small update for KotC 2 that fixed a few bugs and added three new environmental sound effects to the Module Editor (see details below).

32da80a93a09c3f163ca54a3d03bbd8f_original.png
A strange temple at the top of the mountain. A dangerous place indeed!
The new maps are a really big mountain-path map and a smaller map designed for an ice plane or dimension. I expect that both of them will make good use of the new fog and falling snow effects. I'm adding to this update a bunch of preview images from the new maps. I hope you'll like them!

e9640ef9045e11238ba130f9555c51ed_original.png
A waterfall and a small bridge to cross the sparkling water.
I've now completed all of the big maps I wanted to do for The Dark Arena, so it shouldn't take much longer for me to finish work on map creation for the new module. After that, I'll be able to focus on adding monsters and NPCs and creating scripts for the new scenario and dialogues.

724b24f979efe9bf603515733f04fc19_original.png
Explore strange new worlds and make new friends... and enemies.
A Big Thank You to Juhani for the massive help on the new scenario and also for taking care of the official Discord channel!

Please feel free to spread the word about the KotC 2 goodness to RPG newcomers, meaning people who only know Baldur's Gate 3. Thank you!!

b19e08463be65feac3362c5d5463221b_original.png
A small glade in the forest at the base of the mountain.

List of changes in Knights of the Chalice 2 Version 1.63​

• Fixed a bug with the 'auto-add actions' feature of the 'Set Dialog' command in the Script Editor. In version 1.62, actions would be added automatically even when you're only editing an existing script line, not adding a new one.
2a1ebcd541670cf9c96e6e56d884c158_original.png
A bridge over a large chasm. Watch out for the Singing Mountain's gusts of wind!
  • Fixed a bug that could occur in the Module Editor when changing something in the Edit Map Data screen. This would happen only if you played the game before launching the editor.
50681de17d7adaf1049f5a3693a0efbf_original.png
Unique blue crystals in the mysterious plane of ice.
  • Fixed display bugs in full-screen mode when environmental effects such as fog are displayed on a map that is smaller than the screen. Thank you so much Dorateen for letting me know about this bug and about the one with 'auto-add actions'! Be sure to check out Dorateen's module Hearkenwold if you haven't already done so. There's also a forum thread for the module.
032973c766dd9151f3ee8109634b1f5a_original.png
A windmill and cart at the top of the mountain.
  • Added three new environmental sound effects that can be placed on any map using the Module Editor: Ship wood and rope creaking, Sea waves, and Seagulls. These should be a great addition for any map featuring a boat, beach, harbour or large river. In the Module Editor, you'll find them in the menu under 'Other Tools' and then under 'Add Sound Sources'.
b4e23da7d0bd4fa03a2f043852dbaf57_original.png
Climb the mountain without fear and push enemies over the edge, lest you fall off yourself.
61b33cb084d0adf84c3ccddaf1559964_original.png
Stairway leading to the temple at the top of the mountain.
bd1afbb12788cb6394312609b406b4f0_original.png
A forebodding cave entrance in the mountain's midst.

Next Steps for Knights of the Chalice 2​

Unchanged from the previous update, the next development steps are the following:

• Continue working on the upcoming adventure modules. Create new adventure maps & regional maps.
  • Hire a graphic designer to create new sprites and other types of artwork.
  • Implement new features such as new monster abilities, subraces, familiars, and items.
  • Fix any remaining issues mentioned on the Steam Forum, GOG Forum, website Forums, and by email.
e0d41bbcbff6c4cfa1def3dbe86a5b74_original.png
The temple's rooftop, and yes, you'll probably have to fight monsters over there as well!
As always, if you find bugs or if you have any feedback, thoughts and suggestions, please feel free to let me know here, or in the Forums, or by email at enquiries@heroicfantasygames.com.

Your Steadfast Support Is Much Appreciated, Brave Knights of the Realm! Thank You! :)

Jermu

Arbiter
Patron
very small update
Knights of the Chalice 2 Version 1.64

Hello everyone! Here's version 1.64 of Knights of the Chalice 2. It's a small update. Here's the list of changes:

• Fixed a source of crashes in combat when the player's party is far from the enemy and an enemy caster is considering using a summoning spell. Thank you
    Warlord Mal for the bug report! Also fixed another bug with the AI.
  • In the final battle of the Tutorial Module, gave the AI setting 'Rush To The Enemy' to two Mummies, a Vrock, a Skeleton and a Giant Skeleton. Also, upon selecting the Surprise Roundoption, one of the Giant Skeletons wasn't surprised; that is now fixed.
  • Added a note in the descriptions for the three feats of the 'Shake It Off'feat line explaining that the effect takes place on the caster's turn, not on the turn of the affected character.
Please don't hesitate to email me at enquiries@heroicfantasygames.com if you find any bugs and annoyances, so that I can fix the game quickly. A saved gamemay be very helpful, too.

Thank You So Much For Your Support, Legendary Heroes of the Realm! Enjoy :)

Please Pierre how about focusing on new game :negative:

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://www.kickstarter.com/project...-revolutionise-old-school-crpgs/posts/3894140

Update #75: KotC 2 1.64 Fixes Bugs + New Isometric Maps For The Dark Arena!​

Hello everyone! In the past month, I focused on a bunch of new isometric maps for the upcoming KotC 2 adventure module, The Dark Arena. There was also a small update for KotC 2 that fixed a few bugs and improved the Tutorial Adventure. Finally, Warlord Mal posted a nice video of the KotC 2 Tutorial Adventure on YouTube. Thank you so much, Warlord Mal!

45e50ff5d6b97a2f17250a0403c2eeea_original.png
Magic library within Crossroad Castle. That's where you'll meet the Head Wizardess, Elaraelitha.
The maps I worked on this time were a bunch of round-tower interiors, a megalithic site used by Druids and Clerics of Thorgrum, a forest map with ruined towers, a Time Corridor, and the regional map covering the area surrounding Crossroad Castle.

a8673eda4bde913550f4c91400e31dc5_original.png
Megalithic site used by Druids and Clerics of Thorgrum for ceremonies and rituals.
Aside from one or two small cave maps, I think I've done just about all the adventure maps I wanted to do for The Dark Arena. I probably won't be focusing on map graphics as much in coming months, so I'm keeping some preview images to present in the next updates.

88272bf46ec3151b96ffd834b7c51d29_original.png
Holy Chalice on display in one of the towers of Crossroad Castle.
Next, I'll be focusing on setting up the maps (adding obstacle areas, map transitions, sound sources, torch lights, etc), adding monsters and NPCs, and creating scripts for the new scenario and dialogues.

a3fdb7565d2136f10e5e1f53bf89d78e_original.png
Regional map covering the area surrounding Crossroad Castle. Places of interest are highlighted.

List of changes in Knights of the Chalice 2 Version 1.64​

• Fixed a source of crashes in combat when the player's party is far from the enemy and an enemy caster is considering using a summoning spell. Thank you Warlord Mal for the bug report! Also fixed another bug with the AI.
431d516c74757ef6216907f395a581d9_original.png
Armoury where you'll be able to meet the Captain of the Guards, Sir Philip.
  • In the final battle of the Tutorial Module, gave the AI setting 'Rush To The Enemy' to two Mummies, a Vrock, a Skeleton and a Giant Skeleton. Also, upon selecting the Surprise Round option, one of the Giant Skeletons wasn't surprised; that is now fixed.
  • Added a note in the descriptions for the three feats of the 'Shake It Off' feat line explaining that the effect takes place on the caster's turn, not on the turn of the affected character.
592bfac9aa15f8e370fe3794b7a59c8f_original.png
Ruined tower standing on the bank of a river.

Next Steps for Knights of the Chalice 2​

Similar to the previous update, the next development steps are the following:

• Work on the upcoming adventure module by preparing the maps and adding NPCs and monsters.
  • Hire a graphic designer to create new sprites and other types of artwork. I should be able to look into this quite soon, as the house inheritance issue should be sorted out in a month or so (finally).
  • Implement new features such as new monster abilities, subraces, familiars, and items.
  • Fix any remaining issues mentioned on the Steam Forum, GOG Forum, website Forums, and by email.
As always, if you find bugs or if you have any feedback, thoughts and suggestions, please feel free to let me know here, or in the Forums, or by email at enquiries@heroicfantasygames.com.

Thank You So Much, Valorous Paladins and Wise Mages! A Bold Warrior Fears Nothing! ^_^

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Those pics look quite a lot better than Augury, though the isometric perspective bothers me because tokens will look weird on it, while the isometric character sprites he added to appease the whiners are just ugly as hell.

covr

Prophet
Patron
I like that map screen, very cosy, '90's vibe with a bit of Baldur's Gate 1. I hope that new module would be more open world, more low level adventure without +30 long swords lying on every corner.

Dickie

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Those pics look quite a lot better than Augury, though the isometric perspective bothers me because tokens will look weird on it, while the isometric character sprites he added to appease the whiners are just ugly as hell.
I really liked and still prefer the flat paper maps and tokens, but hopefully this will make him some more money.

Sacibengala

Prophet
I really liked and still prefer the flat paper maps and tokens, but hopefully this will make him some more money.
I don't think so. People that care for this kind of stuff will find this ugly and will not bother to find out about the gameplay.

Snufkin

Augur
So I installed 1.64. Game is unplayable, massive stutter in menu, task manager says game uses 99% of processor.

wtf?

Snufkin

Augur
So I installed 1.64. Game is unplayable, massive stutter in menu, task manager says game uses 99% of processor.

wtf?
Maybe it's time to upgrade your computer.
Nah, previous version was silk smooth.
If I quit game the exe is still on the task manager eating 99%, can be only terminated there. :'|
restart your machine and see if it helps
Didnt help, still works like ass.

WTF Pierre what you did to the game?

Mortmal

Arcane

wtf?
If I quit game the exe is still on the task manager eating 99%, can be only terminated there. :'|

You are using steam version right , not some ru tracker one with inbuilt crypto miner?

Snufkin

Augur

wtf?

You are using steam version right , not some ru tracker one with inbuilt crypto miner?
Yeah I found it on torrminatorr :smug:
It's gog version

Dorateen

Arcane
I have a new updated version of the Hearkenwold Adventure Module available, using the latest 1.64 build of Knights of the Chalice 2. The file can be downloaded here:

Hearkenwold

There are three primary purposes for this update as follows:
  • Continues the main adventure, introducing a new desert town called Sinestra
  • Adds a Psionic themed adventure, which also functions as an alternate guild quest for psionicist player characters
  • New wilderness locations introduced along the River Astar with associated content
Altogether there are dozens of new maps, enemies and items that further expands the campaign.

For anyone who has not yet played the module, Hearkenwold is designed as an open-ended campaign constructed from many different adventures set against the backdrop of an underlying narrative. Here is a preview screenshot from the new content:

yWfMYzD.jpg

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I played around a little bit, but not with the updated Steam version. I messed with 1.00 version, lel. This is never leaving my PC.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Pricing his game at a more reasonable sum would make him more money. I told him as much by email and his response was... "Ok you're right I'll do some sales in the future!"

No, Pierre, not sales.
Reduce the base price to something like 19,99€ at the most, or 14,99€, more in line with what other indie games in this genre have.
But no, that's still at 39,99€ which is more than any other indie RPG I ever played.

Pierre just doesn't understand business.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
€15 is underselling, imo. €20 seems good, with €10 sale every now and then.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom