Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Mass Effect New Mass Effect confirmed

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
Both the new Ass Defect and Dragon Age are going to be as dumbed down as possible to appeal to as many people as possible just because even the management knows it's their last chance. Which means they will be safe and boring, so they might not sell well because of that.

Rhobar121

Scholar
Both the new Ass Defect and Dragon Age are going to be as dumbed down as possible to appeal to as many people as possible just because even the management knows it's their last chance. Which means they will be safe and boring, so they might not sell well because of that.
Honestly, the safe approach is sometimes the best option. Both DA:I and ME:A would have been better games if they had been safe, fairly linear sequels (they still weren't good, but better than what we got).

Lacrymas

Arcane
They were safe in the context of that period in gaming. Both having "open worlds" is not a coincidence.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Both weren't safe. RPGs were already dead over half a decade when DA:O released and Mass Effect 1 literally has no precedent. Mass Effect 2 dumbed down whatever was left to dumb down and while DA2 was indeed the most experimental Bioware game ever (and it still is) it was mostly let down by its development cycle and not due to the idea itself. It still had dumbed down combat though.

Lacrymas

Arcane
I wouldn't go that far, but it was indeed a business gamble on Bioware's part. A new system within a new setting when RPGs were dead is not exactly the definition of a safe game. Even though both DA:O and Mass Effect 1 are nowhere near the best games ever, they still show how Bioware had balls back then and were willing to take massive risks due to completely trusting their process and writers.

Iucounu

Educated
It's time to wake up Commander Shepherd, a new crew of diverse and inclusive newbies are ready to scold you and piss on everything you sacrificed for previously.
Even Bioware's idiot management knows they are very close to losing their jobs. Of course there will be a lot of woke stuff, but even they are not stupid enough to deliberately shit on previous games. If they overdo it, they can be sure that EA will kill the studio, unless it does so after the failure of Dreadwolf.
After the success of Baldur's Gate 3 I'm sure no effort will be spared to top its depravity. I also recall nobody in mainstream media dared complain about wokeness in Andromeda, just about its bugs and poor writing.

That aside I'm sure they want to make a good game, but that doesn't mean they'll be able to. Those that once were good may have left the company, or lost their inspiration, and those that are idiots certainly won't fire themselves.

Rhobar121

Scholar
It's time to wake up Commander Shepherd, a new crew of diverse and inclusive newbies are ready to scold you and piss on everything you sacrificed for previously.
Even Bioware's idiot management knows they are very close to losing their jobs. Of course there will be a lot of woke stuff, but even they are not stupid enough to deliberately shit on previous games. If they overdo it, they can be sure that EA will kill the studio, unless it does so after the failure of Dreadwolf.
After the success of Baldur's Gate 3 I'm sure no effort will be spared to top its depravity. I also recall nobody in mainstream media dared complain about wokeness in Andromeda, just about its bugs and poor writing.

That aside I'm sure they want to make a good game, but that doesn't mean they'll be able to. Those that once were good may have left the company, or lost their inspiration, and those that are idiots certainly won't fire themselves.
Being woke was the least of Andromeda's problems.

Iucounu

Educated

Being woke was the least of Andromeda's problems.
Maybe, but nobody in mainstream media would have dared complain about it regardless, just like BG3.

Cheesedragon117

Educated
A 1:1 of Star Trek: Picard where Shep is super old and has to go through a humiliation conga of strong independent wahmen dunking on him combined with a weird retcon childhood trauma plotline? Yeah, I could see it happening.
But even that would be a masterpiece compared to what they probably have planned.

RepHope

Savant
Didn't the studio have to be sold to EA because of the DAO?
Nope, EA forcibly acquired BioWare. The details escape me but BioWare had a partnership going on with another studio that was held by another company, and EA bought that parent company. VG Holding Corp was the name iirc.

Iucounu

Educated
A 1:1 of Star Trek: Picard where Shep is super old and has to go through a humiliation conga of strong independent wahmen dunking on him combined with a weird retcon childhood trauma plotline? Yeah, I could see it happening.
But even that would be a masterpiece compared to what they probably have planned.
Just like they treated Psycho in Crysis 3!

Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath
At this point, I don't believe that they will be released at all. I would bet that both projects will be canceled within a year or two.

Lodis

Educated
New protagonist? Shit design, looks like some Destiny knock off. Also lmao at Bioware shilling Femshep hard as fuck and trying to pretend Male Shepard doesn't exist.

53yMmeb.jpg

duskvile

Fabulous Optimist
Me likes. Go Mass Effect! Please show gameplay. I'm repeating myself.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom