Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Witcher 3 GOTY Edition

Unwanted
Dumbfuck
they look like real people not like plastic dolls of the vanila witcher 3.
What the fuck nigga. Don't be some zero pussy motherfucker who takes one glance at sum bigtime manface troons and be like this looks normal to me. Is like tell me you got no game without telling me the last pussy you saw was your moms on your way out kinda shit. Tasty bitches be real mane. Peeps like you are just as fucked up as those commie tards that always go like "you want skanks that don't be looking like no cave trolls in your games? meet sum real womyn" and what they mean is that one time they stopped posting on reddit for a day and went to GDQ where everyone was doin any% runs of their transitions or that one shrek lookin girl they e-dated on Something Awful back in 2005.

Gargaune

Magister
Welp, the installers are backed up. I'll just have to check which of my mods need updating before I squirrel them away, haven't had the game installed in years and I'm not sure I'd patched to the final 1.32 back then.

Semiurge

Cipher
If the focus is on visual changes, old saves might still be compatible. Might. I'm not taking chances halfway through the game for some raytracing feature my gpu doesn't even support on hardware level. If you're wondering why - there hasn't been any new games worthy of a proper upgrade since 2015. Re-installing this bugger is not something that gets done in 2 seconds.

Welp, the installers are backed up. I'll just have to check which of my mods need updating before I squirrel them away, haven't had the game installed in years and I'm not sure I'd patched to the final 1.32 back then.

1.32 only adds chinese dubbing and subs, no fixes.

Last edited:
I mean they last updated W3 to some chinese patch that broke almost every mod in existence (only to introduce a Chinese localization improvement). Since I had to play with the best Witcher 3 mod ever made (Enemies of Rivia), I had to run some mod/patch that changed it back to the previous version.

Hopefully that mod/patch still works, if they go full retard.

gerey

Arcane
Zionist Agent
Hopefully that mod/patch still works, if they go full retard.
Considering this is CDPR, I bet the patch, or whatever the fuck they want to label this abortion as, will break every mod out there yet again, and since so many modders have moved on and likely have no motivation to update their mods a massive quantity of mods will become unusable.

And all this so they could make the women in-game uglier.

Bravo CDPR, bravo.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
The Age of Remasters...
It's the currentyear, I'd much rather all those purple haired vegans slaved away on remasters and remakes of grorious classics instead of polluting beloved IPs with brand new installments riddled with raceswapping and stronk wombynism.

For instance did you know that all the original witchers were women and blacks and people massacred them because of that? No? Well I'm sure you'd find out if nuCDPR had time to take a swing at a prequel.

covr

Prophet
Patron
Never played TW3, I have boxed copy bought for 3 dolla on Xbox, can't wait to try on Series X in December.
I just hope it doesn't involve much horse riding, I hate that stuff.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
It will work as a mandatory update hahaha

And after that releases, you can bet your original Witcher 3 installers from GOG will vanish and not be available for download anymore.

IncrGDE.png

#TODO:
- back up Fallout 4 install before Todd updates the shit out of it;
- back up The Witcher 3's installers before CDPR update the shit out of it;
- get milk.
You guys are aware there are torrents out there, right?

Haha, I never uninstalled it. I even keep a backup saves folder with all my savegames with the Lazarus Project mod.

Gargaune

Magister
You guys are aware there are torrents out there, right?
Eh, not pirated a game in over a decade, don't even know where the hot action is anymore. Besides, why bother when I've got access to the legit data and an HDD lined up to back up my GOG library?

AwesomeButton

Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
But is it piracy if you own it too?

True story - I thought Witcher 3 would be a cringefest on the scale of Dragon Age Inquisition, and pirated it with the idea to kill a few hours for the laughs. When I ended up playing it for 60 hours, I bought it at full price on GOG. The characters and voice acting sucked me in. Combat was a nice time filler and periodic distraction from the interactive movie.

jackofshadows

Magister
It's the currentyear, I'd much rather all those purple haired vegans slaved away on remasters and remakes of grorious classics instead of polluting beloved IPs with brand new installments riddled with raceswapping and stronk wombynism.

For instance did you know that all the original witchers were women and blacks and people massacred them because of that? No? Well I'm sure you'd find out if nuCDPR had time to take a swing at a prequel.
Implying they cannot raceswap or genderswap, change the tone or anything else they wanna in remasters. Just remember such small thing as ass shots of Miranda in ME:LE.

Semiurge

Cipher

Implying they cannot raceswap or genderswap, change the tone or anything else they wanna in remasters. Just remember such small thing as ass shots of Miranda in ME:LE.

I hold on to the belief that CDProjekt still have more testosterone left than EAWare. De-sexifying Witcher 3 would be a catastrophe bigger than Cyberpunk, and I'm sure they know that. They also know that their target demographic is not the same as that of EAWare, the tumbleristas and genderqueers. Theirs are the more "traditional" gamers.

Last edited:

anvi

Prophet
Village Idiot
Actually no. Nothing wrong with downloading something you already have the rights to.* I just can't resist any opportunity to use that button.

*Though if you seed, now you're getting back into trafficking stolen property.

You could still get in trouble for it because bit torrent is naturally a two-way transfer. So even when you are just starting a download, it is already sharing the tiny bits you have so far. Maybe if you could prove there was no outgoing data it might work. But copyright law doesn't help most of the time. You could buy a music CD or movie on DVD and you aren't even allowed to make a back up. When people ripped their legit CDs to MP3s to listen to on their phone or whatever, even that was illegal.

Although these days I don't think anyone cares about any of this because it's all too widespread and becoming normal. Half of YouTube is breaking copyright law.

Semiurge

Cipher
But copyright law doesn't help most of the time. You could buy a music CD or movie on DVD and you aren't even allowed to make a back up. When people ripped their legit CDs to MP3s to listen to on their phone or whatever, even that was illegal.

Very illegal, but the copyright holders don't bother with taking action because it would be the last nail on physical media's coffin. Of course they want consumers to stream rent, but they're still not willing to kill a milking cow just yet. There are many music CDs with DRM but the word of mouth (with the help of Discogs) quickly kills their sales, and this is the very reason redbook DRM hasn't become ubiquitous.

Atlantico

unida e indivisible
Patron
Undisputed Queen of Faggotry Vatnik In My Safe Space
Make the Codex Great Again!
But copyright law doesn't help most of the time. You could buy a music CD or movie on DVD and you aren't even allowed to make a back up. When people ripped their legit CDs to MP3s to listen to on their phone or whatever, even that was illegal.

Very illegal, but the copyright holders don't bother with taking action because it would be the last nail on physical media's coffin. Of course they want consumers to stream rent, but they're still not willing to kill a milking cow just yet. There are many music CDs with DRM but the word of mouth (with the help of Discogs) quickly kills their sales, and this is the very reason redbook DRM hasn't become ubiquitous.
redbook does not have drm

Ismaul

Thought Criminal #3333
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Actually no. Nothing wrong with downloading something you already have the rights to.* I just can't resist any opportunity to use that button.

*Though if you seed, now you're getting back into trafficking stolen property.
Why assume people you are seeding to don't also own the product? Aside from hypocrisy, that is?

Plus, if you're against stealing, wouldn't it be improper to leech the data without giving something back?

SEEEEEEEED you niggers

AwesomeButton

Patron
When a game goes past a certain number of millions of copies sold, I tend to stop giving a crap.

That, or it features microtransactions in single player.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom