Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Underrail: The Incline Awakens

Jermu

Arbiter
Patron
yeah had to google that was with juice, without it cant hit it

oh well managed to kill it I forgot I had shock knife

Fargus

Arcane

I love grenade stoss stealthing in this game. Just snuck into the Protectorate docks warehouse walking past while death stalkers fight the guard in the basement, having set off TNT in the room that has no stalkers in to lure him out.

KGBuild working nicely

Piotrovitz

Savant
I love grenade stoss stealthing in this game. Just snuck into the Protectorate docks warehouse walking past while death stalkers fight the guard in the basement, having set off TNT in the room that has no stalkers in to lure him out.
How did you manage to stealth through? Was it on DOM?

I did the same thing on current run with flashbang, but three stalkers were ganging up on lured guard so fast that in RT he was dead in few seconds. The only option was to run from the vent and initiate TB asap and help the poor fuck out.

CHEMS

Scholar
How did you manage to stealth through? Was it on DOM?

I did the same thing on current run with flashbang, but three stalkers were ganging up on lured guard so fast that in RT he was dead in few seconds. The only option was to run from the vent and initiate TB asap and help the poor fuck out.
He aggros when he sees you

Piotrovitz

Savant
Yeah, but it's not him that's the problem, luring him was only to have 3 unstealthed stalkers in one cluster, otherwise they're impossible to get through.

Did you sneak past through them fighting themselves in RT?
I've tried this route, but as said, in RT he's dead in ~3 seconds after you get out of the vent.

CHEMS

Scholar
Yeah, but it's not him that's the problem, luring him was only to have 3 unstealthed stalkers in one cluster, otherwise they're impossible to get through.

I've tried this route, but as said, in RT he's dead in ~3 seconds after you get out of the vent.
I didn't sneak through any combats in my current build, i've got a reinforced regenerative supersteel armor with 4 plates +170 going on, plus a 2000 health shield, i just tank shit then blast everyone. Which is a bummer since you can only access the void battle in the new DLC if you don't kill people over there

But it's possible to sneak through them if you have a lot of stealth, and i mean a lot. 250ish, death stalkers have extremely high detection, even higher than greater coil spiders

Vatnik
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In

He survived long enough in my case. I set TNT, so I was most of the way on the route to run past the fight by the time it went off 10 seconds later. The fight was right next to a door, i just had to get past it and close it.

CthuluIsSpy

Arcane

I didn't sneak through any combats in my current build, i've got a reinforced regenerative supersteel armor with 4 plates +170 going on, plus a 2000 health shield, i just tank shit then blast everyone. Which is a bummer since you can only access the void battle in the new DLC if you don't kill people over there

But it's possible to sneak through them if you have a lot of stealth, and i mean a lot. 250ish, death stalkers have extremely high detection, even higher than greater coil spiders
How much strength do you have for your heavy guns build? I was planning on stopping at 11, but then I discovered that miniguns require even more strength. I'm beginning to regret putting a single point in int so my crafting scaling isn't shit.

CHEMS

Scholar

How much strength do you have for your heavy guns build? I was planning on stopping at 11, but then I discovered that miniguns require even more strength. I'm beginning to regret putting a single point in int so my crafting scaling isn't shit.
11 is fine for miniguns, but miniguns are really that good IMO

You should get 11 strength for brute aim, and obviously, carrying lots of ammo and heavy armor. I'm level 26 and my effective perception is 13 with brute aim. I'm also running 7 int for crafting and disassemble, easy run on dominating. Only hard i had was the training chamber in the compound. I feel like disassemble is basically necessary for this build, you'll need a lot of money to mantain it

CHEMS

Scholar
how does disassemble generate money?
Zero expenses when repairing your stuff when max specced, no need for kits when repairing loot and selling for profit

Even with 0 spec points, it will make you lots of money from loot alone

CthuluIsSpy

Arcane

11 is fine for miniguns, but miniguns are really that good IMO

You should get 11 strength for brute aim, and obviously, carrying lots of ammo and heavy armor. I'm level 26 and my effective perception is 13 with brute aim. I'm also running 7 int for crafting and disassemble, easy run on dominating. Only hard i had was the training chamber in the compound. I feel like disassemble is basically necessary for this build, you'll need a lot of money to mantain it
Well shit, my int is only 4 after I increased it, and I don't want to get dissemble this time. Apparently there's a unique minigun that I want to try that has a requirement of 12str, so I guess I'll have increase that.

CHEMS

Scholar

11 is fine for miniguns, but miniguns arent really that good IMO

CHEMS

Scholar
Apparently there's a unique minigun that I want to try that has a requirement of 12str, so I guess I'll have increase that.
Don't bother, it's ass

The only utility for miniguns i've seen is to spam contaminated rounds, which i plan to do for the final boss, but otherwise LMGs does everything a minigun do, but better: more acurate, more damage, better ammo efficiency, lighter, more mobile...

The only perk miniguns have is increasing rate of fire, but with heavy weapons there aren't many fights that will take you that long, and the wind up buff of the miniguns demands you firing it every turn, and to do so you burn 50AP... Even with a tin can build, it's not a good idea just stand in one point, if some TC gets to you the fight is over since TC damage go through resistances

Better just get a 9mm ratchet that will cost you 25AP to burst, allowing to delete several enemies and take more actions

jackofshadows

Magister
holy shit silent island is bullshit on dom. It's a good thing you can access depot A through the scrappers, because I have no idea how you're supposed to do this.
Can't go loud because of the 2 goliaths that have stupid amounts of health and will one shot you.
Can't go stealth because of the rat road block and fighting them will draw the goliaths.
Can't hold position and build defenses because the beetles have enough range to hit you with cryostasis and fireballs from the shore.
It's all fucking bullshit.
Get the rathound regalia and get back :)

CthuluIsSpy

Arcane
I already did it after buying a leather armour that had a good stealth mod. I lucked out there.
Pickpocketing is probably this build's saving grace on dom for the early game. You save so much money by just stealing shit. Right now I have 40 hypos that I just knick from everyone I see.
One guy in Foundry even had a Haxxor mk2 and 2 train tickets.

Jermu

Arbiter
Patron
game keeps crashing in expedition

place where submarine is when I let natives and strongmen fight each other. guess I just dont summon strongman in that case

lvl 27 now and done most of my crafts now

MeRckv0.png

still planning to craft high emitter + bleed dagger

also I visited fetid marsh and not having a good time there just sneaking past pretty much every enemy I can :?

CHEMS

Scholar
Strange, i've got very few crashes playing underrail

It used to crash a lot in the boss fight at the utility tower, the engine doesn't like real time combat very much

CthuluIsSpy

Arcane

place where submarine is when I let natives and strongmen fight each other. guess I just dont summon strongman in that case

lvl 27 now and done most of my crafts now

MeRckv0.png

still planning to craft high emitter + bleed dagger

also I visited fetid marsh and not having a good time there just sneaking past pretty much every enemy I can :?
Are you playing pure knife build or knife and psionics? I have yet to do a psionic run, so I'm thinking of what to do for it.
I wanted to do energy weapon + electrokinesis because of the tesla armour, but that's redundant because you can just make a gun that basically has the EK effect.

Jermu

Arbiter
Patron
max knife, throw, evasion
no cave magic

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom