Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter ATOM RPG - Wasteland Soviet style! - now with Dead City update

Will you back?

• I will consider it!

Votes: 39 54.9%
  • No! I would never!..

Votes: 9 12.7%
  • kingcomrade

Votes: 23 32.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

bataille

Arcane
I have a few more questions...

Is there an evil or bad route through the game? I noticed in the Matt Chat interview you said rude characters may miss out on some quests or options, so will there be rude-only quests as well? I.e. new content that opens up for a bad/evil/rude character too?

Also, is Strength determined to Intimidate in dialogue, or is that part of Personality? I always like when other attributes are checked for other skills, so they don't become dump stats for a talking-heavy character...

From what I've seen, there are no definite lines to separate 'good' and 'evil' playthroughs or 'Choose the red option to renegade' per se; it's more complex, thankfully. However, there are some people and quests that are pretty revolting. For example, the bandit lord's quest to interrogate a prisoner can easily go very ugly if you want it to. Or the same lord's mission to find his missing thugs. At its conclusion, after the reveal, you can stick with the bandits' MO to the end, and then it takes a really vile and upsetting turn.

For me, it was kinda hard to stomach. It's kinda strange, but thanks to this surreal, dream-like quality that the game has, some conventionally unethical actions are felt more sharply and have more bite to it. Maybe it's just me. Needless to say, I left the poor family alone...

And yes, you can use a very high strength as a substitute for persuasion. Surprisingly, it's checked almost as often.

Jinn

Arcane
Do we know what time they are planning on updating?

"22:00 Moscow time," as translated from Russian, or 11:00am PST. Kind of a weird time of day to release on steam (2 hours after normal release times), but they're probably crunching pretty hard.

bataille

Arcane
The only question is how do I NOT see Human Centipede 3 when I look at the mug of Fidel?

latest

12669_4.jpg

Very little time remains to wipe my memories clean. I think I'll try brain transplantation.

Jinn

Arcane
Which means it releases at near 3 AM, December 20th over here :negative:

You're not alone. Releasing 1pm my time, which is right around when I'm heading into an extra long shift at work. Probably won't get to play until about midnight. Games never come out on my day off :negative:

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2

Is there an evil or bad route through the game? I noticed in the Matt Chat interview you said rude characters may miss out on some quests or options, so will there be rude-only quests as well? I.e. new content that opens up for a bad/evil/rude character too?

Also, is Strength determined to Intimidate in dialogue, or is that part of Personality? I always like when other attributes are checked for other skills, so they don't become dump stats for a talking-heavy character...

From what I've seen, there are no definite lines to separate 'good' and 'evil' playthroughs or 'Choose the red option to renegade' per se; it's more complex, thankfully. However, there are some people and quests that are pretty revolting. For example, the bandit lord's quest to interrogate a prisoner can easily go very ugly if you want it to. Or the same lord's mission to find his missing thugs. At its conclusion, after the reveal, you can stick with the bandits' MO to the end, and then it takes a really vile and upsetting turn.

For me, it was kinda hard to stomach. It's kinda strange, but thanks to this surreal, dream-like quality that the game has, some conventionally unethical actions are felt more sharply and have more bite to it. Maybe it's just me. Needless to say, I left the poor family alone...

And yes, you can use a very high strength as a substitute for persuasion. Surprisingly, it's checked almost as often.

Well even this quest can be resolved peacefully but you do need insane stats to pass those checks:

I had 80 in speech and personality 8 and still failed the checks when speaking to family.... the curve of this game is reallly steep so if you do not complete all quests in few first locations you end up with no skill points nor gear to continue. However IF you choose edgy line to Putin Denisovich you got quests where you can talk the chief of mooshiners to join the gang as alternative... I passed with speech 70 and mentioning that he can't even protect his own people. Its clear that Factory gang are lesser evil here as they are:

Protecting the village against the fiends like batshit insane raiders.

Much like medieval Knights did.

Codex Year of the Donut

bataille

Arcane
The only question is how do I NOT see Human Centipede 3 when I look at the mug of Fidel?

latest

12669_4.jpg

Very little time remains to wipe my memories clean. I think I'll try brain transplantation.
they made a sequel to that movie?
wtf
just read the description on wikipedia
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Human_Centipede_3_(Final_Sequence)

again, wtf.

The third part is just a nihilistic and edgy 'take that!' stunt and a gross-out galore. Making a black comedy (yeah, right) was the only way to get 15 additional minutes of attention after the pure vile filth that was the second part. Tom Six is a one trick pony and a great disappointment.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao

Well even this quest can be resolved peacefully but you do need insane stats to pass those checks:

I had 80 in speech and personality 8 and still failed the checks when speaking to family.... the curve of this game is reallly steep so if you do not complete all quests in few first locations you end up with no skill points nor gear to continue. However IF you choose edgy line to Putin Denisovich you got quests where you can talk the chief of mooshiners to join the gang as alternative... I passed with speech 70 and mentioning that he can't even protect his own people. Its clear that Factory gang are lesser evil here as they are:

Can you play decent amount of the game without joining a gang? Also is it linear?

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2

Can you play decent amount of the game without joining a gang? Also is it linear?

From what I saw (I played only to the first big City) its side quest you can technically speaking* avoid.

*You will get stuck though later cause you do need every skill point you got. Its not Fallout 2 with its 3 towns full of quests for starting player where you can get enough XP and cash to get decent equipment, Sulik and Vic.Game is hard even on easy when you don't know what you are doing like spreading skills to thin. But yes there are plenty locations you can visit without even touching this quest line... and I was playing version 0.8.

You also start this quest as infiltration for Chief of Village so I guess in full game there will be a path to double cross the bratva. The Devs also promised more side quests so I hope this won't be so stingy with SPs as AoD was Comrade.

pizza_microwave

Liturgist
I just bought the game I have to say that I'm already very pleasantly surprised with having Emil Govorets singing Golubye Goroda for the main menu theme. Last time I probably heard something from him was when I was just a small kid at my grandparent's farm, playing with my cousins as my grandfather would play this on the radio while fixing his Niva 4x4, simpler times really.

But enough nostalgiafagism, to raping!

Города где я бывал
По которым тосковал
Мне знакомы от стен и до крыш
Снятся людям иногда
Голубые города
Кому Москва
Кому Париж

pizza_microwave

Liturgist
Never heard Emil Gorovets, what are his best hits?
I do not know much about him, except the fact that my grandparents loved him and that singers on Russian tv would sometimes cover his songs (like "I walk around Moscow", good song as well). But do not despair my friend, I have been happy to discover that he is on Spotify with most of his songs. Youtube, on the other hand, seems lackluster with his discography.

Spotiman informs me that his best hits are: "Blue cities" (Голубые города), "I walk around Moscow" (Я шагаю по Москве) and "Seventh Floor" (седьмой этаж)

bataille

Arcane
I have just reread Moscow-Petushki as a part of getting ready for the game. You can release it now, Atomboy, it's okay.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom