Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

CD Projekt's Cyberpunk 2077 Update 2.0 + Phantom Liberty Expansion Thread

Caim

Arcane
It's as if the G-Man was combined with the Illusive Man.

Perkel

Arcane
So "The Hearts of Bytes" expansion coming ?

Notice also that he doesn't seem to have any implants on him. I am guessing this is elaborate Easter Egg toward Pondsmith quote how in his mind vampires control NC actually due to his love for VMTB.

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
So "The Hearts of Bytes" expansion coming ?

Notice also that he doesn't seem to have any implants on him. I am guessing this is elaborate Easter Egg toward Pondsmith quote how in his mind vampires control NC actually due to his love for VMTB.

Aaaargh NOOOOOOO!!! Nothing bores me to death more than fucking vampire twaddle, I really, really hope that's not the "big reveal" re. this.

I would prefer to believe that his implants are so super-high tech and designed by advanced AI from beyond the Blackwall that they leave no visible traces on the body :)

Perkel

Arcane
Aaaargh NOOOOOOO!!! Nothing bores me to death more than fucking vampire twaddle, I really, really hope that's not the "big reveal" re. this. I would prefer to believe that his implants are so super-high tech and designed by advanced AI from beyond the Blackwall that they leave no visible traces on the body :)

Ok then AI Vampires. Be at ease.

Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!
Aaaargh NOOOOOOO!!! Nothing bores me to death more than fucking vampire twaddle, I really, really hope that's not the "big reveal" re. this. I would prefer to believe that his implants are so super-high tech and designed by advanced AI from beyond the Blackwall that they leave no visible traces on the body :)

:hmmm:

One of the radios you can listen to in-game has a talk segment in which the host reads a listener mail ranting about how Saburo Arasaka and other members of global elite are actually vampires, so who knows...

Turjan

Arcane

:hmmm:

One of the radios you can listen to in-game has a talk segment in which the host reads a listener mail ranting about how Saburo Arasaka and other members of global elite are actually vampires, so who knows...
Must have been a Garry mail. Also, the quest you do for Garry.

Then there's the
Blackhand connection
but that hinges pretty much on a file name.
Edit: Only now read last post. Yeah, that would be the best reveal.

Danikas

Arcane

Then there's the Blackhand connection, but that hinges pretty much on a file name.
Nah that dude on the radio speaking about vampires ruling night city is Mike pondmisth himself he voices that news caster.

Turjan

Arcane

Then there's the Blackhand connection, but that hinges pretty much on a file name.
Nah that dude on the radio speaking about vampires ruling night city is Mike pondmisth himself he voices that news caster.
I meant there's actually a mini-quest connected to it.

Turjan

Arcane
Just got into Act 2. I haven't noticed anyone else mentioning this: has anyone else avoided pursuing the main quests and found the Johnny Silverhand interactions just... off? Like the only interaction we've had is him telling me to kill myself and that he'll take control of me. Then I'm walking around and he's just chatting like we're buds. It is really throwing me off, honestly.
I guess he may have noticed that the goals of bringing you to "kill yourself" and "taking control of you" don't gel. He just needs to wait it out and win by default, but that also means not to damage the goods.

Last edited:

Druid Ardun

Just got into Act 2. I haven't noticed anyone else mentioning this: has anyone else avoided pursuing the main quests and found the Johnny Silverhand interactions just... off? Like the only interaction we've had is him telling me to kill myself and that he'll take control of me. Then I'm walking around and he's just chatting like we're buds. It is really throwing me off, honestly.
Expecting the game to actually have a companion reputation is a bit unrealistic from such indie studio.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I just played through a miniquest called "A Day in the life". How it goes - you overhear a conversation between a client and a food vendor at a market in Arroyo. You approach and order something from him. At this moment someone throws a rock or something at his stall. The vendor asks you to help with kids around the block. You follow him to where two punks are stealing his motorbike. I killed the punks when they threathened him with knives. Had a conversation with him afterwards. Had one blue question I could ask in addition to the yellow dialogue to continue the qest. He returned to his stall saying he will give me a nice discount in the future. When I approached his stall he said "Ah, it's you again" before we even started dialogue.

This alone had more scripting work and voiced dialogue put into it than two or three Regina Jones jobs. You can't convince me that the gigs are complete and represent CDPR's idea of how they should look and play.

Bliblablubb

Arcane
Lol anyone miss this interaction with Goro?
I only found out by accident, since I usually drive with him there. I felt so ripped off after finding out.
Even better, there are posters about that show in the game world. V can interact and comment on Goro making the big bucks. :hahano:

Game has many strange design decisions where you miss stuff by doing what seems to be the obvious choice. E.g. when you visit Fingers and don't talk to get in, but climb outside through the window, you can talk to him, while he operates on a woman with her jaw off. Ewwww.

typical user

Arbiter
cyberpunk-2077-cyberware-menu-900x506.jpg

I've banked 250k of E$ and reached 45 Street Cred. Legendary Gorrilla Arms costed me 105k and I burned most of my funds to end up with 30k. Below are few things which I think should be changed:
1. It's overcomplicated. Instead of having circulatory or nervous system they could've just made a "torso" with 6 or 9 slots total. What I am getting at is there are upgrades that you can't install because you have low stats so you are left with empty slots. So Skeleton and different systems should be one category.
2. Berserk, Sandevistan and Kerenzikov should be toggleable with resource bar (like stamina). Instead you turn Sandevistan and have to wait 10 seconds in slow-mo when you've just needed 3 or 5 seconds.
3. Dodge-ing should be upgraded with a cyberware. I am thinking about dashing like nu-Doom which knocks back enemies in your path but has noticable cooldown and faster version with bigger range like the enemies using. Legs should have 2 slots so you can combine your dashing and jumping mod or the one that makes you silent.
4. Arms - I've already said it but as it stands Gorrilla Arms and Monowire are just glorified melee weapons. Gorrilla Arms should be required to force open-doors, rip turrets off their bases and grab human shields without perks (but there should be a perk that allows you to shoot your gun, instead the game has a perk when you are carrying someone not holding them). Monowire should allow you to breach the local network without access point if you use it on non-alerted enemies. The projectile launcher should just increase the range and damage of your grenades and have better capacity (the game needs limited backpack, because you can carry 100 healthpacks and grenades and play like Diablo everytime you take a hit). I would also add an arm mod that allows you to throw shurikens or khukri knifes. Also I would unify Arms with Hands - want to have Mantis Blades? Then you can't use Smart Weapons.
5. I feel like the Frontal Cortex should just be one slot instead of three. As a netrunner you can already be powerful if you get the right Cyberdeck. The Netwatch Driver Mk4 or something is the best you can get as it has huge base RAM, makes every legendary quickhack spread, increases spread distance and damage. For covert-style the Arasaka deck is better as it increeases performance of covert-hacks.
6. Better versions (rare>epic>legendary) should be prerequesites. Or there should be no rarity about them if they don't have numerical stats assorted to them.
7. Why Can't I sell the unused implants? I've found 2 identical Kerenzikovs and I can't throw them away.
8. Also Kerenzikov is annoying in use. I was thinking about reworking it to increase the counter-attack/parry window and showing when enemy is using light and heavy attack. Or maybe an upgrade to dodging which should make it quicker and allow you to aim. Slow-mo in this game isn't that powerful because it turns your hitscan weapons into projectiles so this implant should give more benefits. Sandevistan increases crit-chance, damage and can be further customized.
9. Cosmetic cyberware. Visible limb replacement, different looks on your body or head. Of course it should be in char-gen and Rippers should allow to change your character looks. Although a barbershops in the town would also be a welcome and immersive addition.
10. The Super Hero Landing shouldn't be automatic (on key press) and require more range as it shifts my character up when I use it during Berserk. It should be an ability that requires either Gorrilla Arms or Berserk active.
11. Berserk should give a different tint on your screen when active, I have to look at vague buff icons to know if it is still in use.
12. Also an animation and camera shift to show me when I can use super-jump? And actually restrict me from free movement while I am holding jump-button?

TL;DR Cyberware not fleshed-out, pic for reference.

Last edited:

TT1

Arcane
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
So, now I am 193h in my playthrough and I finished all side quests, gigs, map markers... everything. I am ready to go to Arasaka building to go to the last mission.

I have now a pretty good vision of the game and what the hell is wrong with it:

First, lets take something out of this equation: level design is perfect, probably the best I've ever seen. Very often I finish a raid and I just realized that there is another entry, or a point of access that I didnt see before and I could approach it in another way. There are multiple entries to most of buildings: doors, tunnels, shafts... its damm perfect. 10/10. The same can be said about the city as a whole: districts are super detailed and I love to go to places, to explore and pay attention to those mini details. Its a labour of love.

Now, some thoughts about things are totally plain wrong:

- Relationship with factions:

You can kill every single gang member in NC, nothing will affect your relationship with gangs. Simply there are no counters about how good or bad is your relationship with a gang. Some missions can alter it to friend/ enemy state, but that's all, its just an on/off switch. And even if you are friends with a faction, this don't seems to affect any other faction at all. Corpos, NCPD, gangs, nomads... they are all in the same mixed bag.

- Gigs, Blue missions and street credit: nonsense, 100% crap, wrong and poorly developed.

Street Credit should be like a Fame/ Reputation counter, adding and removing points, but looks like its a counter just in one direction: up. It should be restricted to Fixer gigs, but any missions seems to add street credit, even if you play as a vigilant Punisher character, working to kill street gang members and cleaning the streets for NCPD. You can kill police, citizens, people, mercs... nothing will affect negatively your street credit.

Why would a cold merc help NCPD clean the streets? Nonsense. NCPD blue missions should not give any street credit and should affect your gigs negatively: Agent Saboteur, Thievery and SOS missions should be locked after a certain point (you are too famous in the streets) and if you have a certain profile, based on your attributes (You cannot be called to help in infiltration missions if you have less than X COOL. You cannot be called to help in Gun for Hire if you have less than Y REFLEXES, etc). This entire system needs to be redone from scratch. Its a mess.

- C&C: inexistent. I save scum very often to replay my dialogue choices and I am 100% sure they don't change anything. You can choose whatever you want, the outcome will be the same and with zero consequences to the story. Romances arcs change some things, but that's all.

- Itemization: one of the worst things in the game and should be redone from scratch. Some points:
  • Level-lock clothes makes no sense.
  • Also, all modding should be in your cyberware, not in your clothes: chrome skin, mechanic arms, mechanic legs, bulletproof stuff, etc. Where are the robotics limbs?
  • Where the fuck are night vision, thermal vision, infra red, zoom...? Optics are super crap and vastly underwhelming.
  • Some kind of transmog should be implemented or every character will look the same, as the good items are very few and every player uses the same ones.
  • Slots should be simplified and not random:
  1. Common/ white: zero slots
  2. Uncommon/ green: 1 slot.
  3. Rare/ blue: 2 slots.
  4. Epic / purple: 3 mod slots
  5. Legendary/ orange: 4 mod slots.
  6. Unique: have a special effect and can only be epic or legendary.
Simpler and you know exactly what you will have when upgrading / crafting. No random chances or save scumming to have what you need.

Consumables are tasteless and useless, as every food and drink just have one effect. Outer Worlds did it much, much better.

- Crafting: horrible, but at least its not an obstacle. Should receive some love from the devs to gain some features like craft X items at the same time and not one by one.

- Vendors/ selling: I checked in a hotel, went to the bar and when the bartender asked me what I want to drink, I took the opportunity to sell 37 bottles of moonshine, 13 of beer and 26 of absinth. THATS NOT BUY/SELL WORKS IN REAL LIFE. Stop it already. Every fucking game uses this shit. Jesus Christ. No vendors should buy any consumables.

Vendors should buy just items they sell. Period.

So, looks like they have a long, long road to improve the game. I'm pretty sure they will do it, but I dont expect them to fix it all. I dont think CDPR believes those things are problems, and probably modders will have to do it. Lets see.

Last edited:

Mortmal

Arcane
I just realized cops can't chase you with police cars. What the fuck
Clearly some cut content again, beggining of the game they show you the super cops special unit with a flying craft , those cops you will never see again . Could be glorious to have a chase against that .

TT1

Arcane
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
I just realized cops can't chase you with police cars. What the fuck
Clearly some cut content again, beggining of the game they show you the super cops special unit with a flying craft , those cops you will never see again . Could be glorious to have a chase against that .

Also they don't chase you if you enters any shop.

Danikas

Arcane
I just found out after 100h of playing that you can turn the lights (on and off there is even long range and short range mode) in your vehicles by pressing left alt its not explained anywhere I found this shit by accident. :lol:

Last edited:

typical user

Arbiter
- Itemization: one of the worst things in the game and should be redone from scratch. Some points:
  • Level-lock clothes makes no sense.
  • Also, all modding should be in your cyberware, not in your clothes: chrome skin, mechanic arms, mechanic legs, bulletproof stuff, etc. Where are the robotics limbs?
  • Where the fuck are night vision, thermal vision, infra red, zoom...? Optics are super crap and vastly underwhelming.
  • Some kind of transmog should be implemented or every character will look the same, as the good items are very few and every player uses the same ones.
  • Slots should be simplified and not random:
  1. Common/ white: zero slots
  2. Uncommon/ green: 1 slot.
  3. Rare/ blue: 2 slots.
  4. Epic / purple: 3 mod slots
  5. Legendary/ orange: 4 mod slots.
  6. Unique: have a special effect and can only be epic or legendary.
Simpler and you know exactly what you will have when upgrading / crafting. No random chances or save scumming to have what you need.

Consumables are tasteless and useless, as every food and drink just have one effect. Outer Worlds did it much, much better.

Actually after I finished my previous post I was thinking about itemization in this game. How I would change it:
  • Diablo-esque grid, clothes, weapons take more slots than consumables, play Tetris around if you want to carry more stuff. This would force players to pick up only useful things instead of looting everything like a OCD maniac to get as much credits as possible.
  • Clothes should give more "pocket" slots (so a jacket has more pockets - more stuff you can carry) based on their type.
  • Medkits and grenades should take one slot like in Diablo. Can't just overheal the damage with hundreds of MaxDocs. Also a cooldown should be put in place between healing.
  • Clothes should have static armor ranges. Remember armors from Diablo 2? Ancients' Armor always had around 150 Armor while Sacred Armor had close to 1000. Also armors and weapons should cost more than petty 50-500 Eddies.
  • No mod slots on clothes. Want more armor wear a bulletproof vest or military gear. Or install better subdermal armor implant. Clothes should directly affect your movement speed. If you look like a tank then you should move like a tank.
  • Rarity should determine how rare a piece of equipment is not it's "game" power. If you find something epic or legendary then you should know at glance that it is military quality instead of how many mod slots it has.
  • Weapons should be modded more like in GTA. Different scopes, grips, muzzles and ammo-types to customize it to your liking. It would leave more room to have unique guns as currently they have to act unique than just have unique stats.
  • Keep the numerical weight limit. It would really well mesh together with the volume of items.
Clothing mods I only use are Armodillos. Shows how shallow this system is in practise. I would just ditch them. And just have unique/iconic casual clothing scattered around map with better armor values. The only problem with the changes I proposed would make crafting very limited / almost completely useless. I guess crafting should be used to make consumables at workbenches and improve armor and damage ratings of base-type weapons (as they would have stat ranges still to keep the loot system intact). Maybe bring back the same durability system from Witcher 3 and have crafting as money-saver or something.

alyvain

Learned
Should be like a Fame/ Reputation counter but looks like its just a counter in one direction: up.

There are two of them: street cred, which goes from 1 to 50, if I remember it right, and the fame percentage, which is on the same screen with relationship with Johnny and the progress of the chip. As far as I understand, two of the percentage indicators simply update with the main quest and actually are only... well... flavor-stats?..

God, there is so much wrong with this game.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom