Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Josh Sawyer Q&A Thread

IHaveHugeNick

Arcane
  • Complain that game developers are not earning enough
  • Blow all your money on renovating a 60 year old tin can of a car that can barely fit one normal sized person inside
:balance:

Bulo

Scholar
Obsidian is based in the West Coast; perhaps Josh is factoring in a need to weave through dense crowds of rioters on the late-night crunch commute?

Tihskael

Learned
Guess who Josh ran into in his Lambo?

2kmq8t1on4jz.jpg

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
You'll have plenty of time to be cool when you're dead. That car is elegant.

Not so much Soyer's.

Efe

Erudite
reminds me of anadol which used compressed wood for body and cows literally ate the car

Diggfinger

Arcane
Josh put up a 2h Twitch-Stream of him playing Prey.
Why didnt you potato-heads post this immediately?

Did anyone play this?
Seems like a decent-enough 0451 game, but holy fuck that enemy-design is generic, boring and idiotic as fuck.
Mimics (aka headcrab wannabes) turn themselves into chairs, medkits etc. and attack you when you interact with those things.
Like seriously!!??? Did the fucking alien-Thalos whateverthefuck council sit there and go "let's disguise ourselves as office furniture and finally overrun those petty humans MUHahahau".

Dude wtf.
Josh also points it out. He's 30 or so hours in here, basically seeing the same enemies over and over again. And to make it better they added in some backtracking.
To visit old areas. That are repopulated with those same 3-5 enemy-types. Awesome.

Puts me straight off from playing it.

Last edited:

KVVRR

Learned
I'm pretty sure the aliens in that game were just space animals until they mimicked an actual human being
which is basically the whole plot

Rean

Head Codexian Weeb
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
Josh put up a 2h Twitch-Stream of him playing Prey.
Why didnt you potato-heads post this immediately?

Did anyone play this?
Seems like a decent-enough 0451 game, but holy fuck that enemy-design is generic, boring and idiotic as fuck.
Mimics (aka headcrab wannabes) turn themselves into chairs, medkits etc. and attack you when you interact with those things.
Like seriously!!??? Did the fucking alien-Thalos whateverthefuck council sit there and go "let's disguise ourselves as office furniture and finally overrun those petty humans MUHahahau".

Dude wtf.
Josh also points it out. He's 30 or so hours in here, basically seeing the same enemies over and over again. And to make it better they added in some backtracking.
To visit old areas. That are repopulated with those same 3-5 enemy-types. Awesome.

Puts me straight off from playing it.

It's a great game

For falling asleep

Spukrian

Savant
Did anyone play this?
Mimic work as unscripted jumpscares, keeps you on your toes!

Dude wtf.
There's about 15 types of enemies or so... And both SS1 and SS2 have backtracking and respawning enemies.

I feel Sawyer might've enjoyed the game more if he was better at it. He doesn't seem to be in the right mindset.

ferratilis

Magister
The man who designed New Vegas is driving a fucking Fiat. I really have to stop reading this thread and his Twitter or I'll never be able to play his games with a straight face. Even Italians hate Fiat.

What was his salary, 100k? You'd think with that kind of money he'd go to a car dealership and get a car fit for a boss, not a fucking sardine can. Not to speak how dangerous that thing would be on American roads. Imagine him getting hit by a typical American truck, he'd be crumpled.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom