Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Redfall - open world vampire slaying co-op FPS from Arkane Austin

So the plan is simple now, re-remaster all Dishonored games for easy money (or any other cash grab imaginable) and they are ready to close the studio. The curse of Microsoft ownership.

Maybe they should remaster something good?

Volrath

Arcane
Patron

Mortmal

Arcane
There might be some kind of error with Steam webpage, i can't see Redfall in top 1000 seller list.
i am surprised too 939 reviews mostly negative and it doesnt show. I am also surprised there's still people paying 70 euros for this despite being on gamepass day one.

Ivan

Arcane
So the plan is simple now, re-remaster all Dishonored games for easy money (or any other cash grab imaginable) and they are ready to close the studio. The curse of Microsoft ownership.

No, please don't ruin my beloved Prey!! STAY OUT.
There's only one game called Prey and it sure as fuck wasn't made by Arkane.
Human Head's Prey was a solid shooter, most memorable for its cinematic opening. I can't recall if you could place portals all over the place like in Portal or on very specific points (like Thi4f's rope arrows).

Sure, Arkane's Prey was too easy, doling out far too many xp consumables, but it's level design is elegant and invites and rewards player curiosity and creativity to navigate its playspace.

Sherry

Arcane
Hi.

fall. Fall. FALL!

Gosh this is something okay? ikr! Seeing some of these gamers video of the movement or moving through npcs was since is the same from Austin department that made Prey and shouts to Harvey Smith, Ricardo Bare who can still bring some recognitionxzs to the comapny but just not the same without Raphael Colantonio at the helm and with the quality I would have thought it was made in Montreal or something right?

Thanks,
Sherry

GrainWetski

Arcane
As of right now, Redfall (Xbox Series X version) has a 64 Metascore on Metacritic, making it Arkane's lowest rated game of all time. Just to give you an idea, thegame surpassed the classics Arx Fatalis (71 of Metascore) and Dark Messiah Might and Magic (72 of Metascore) in negativity. The user notes option will be released tomorrow for Redfall, which will likely be very low. The situation regarding Redfall is worrying even on Steam, as the title has registered 589 negative reviews and only 233 positive reviews - at the time of this post.
The fact that Arx Fatalis and Dark Messiah are that low on the journo-normalfag ratings should be a much bigger outcry than whatever this shit is.
Arx Fatalis has a 8.2 user score and Dark Messiah 8.7 on Metacritic. Who the fuck even cares what retarded gamejournos think? 'Critics' scores have always been utterly useless.

Fargus

Arcane
E6FEDFAC9A30C953154FCD347321F933300178E2

:lol:

Ivan

Arcane
what's with this "Redfall is trash / Starfield may be as well" ?

How is the latter's prospect predicated on the former? I don't think any Arkane fan was optimistic when the Redfall trailer first came out

whydoibother

Arcane
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut

How is the latter's prospect predicated on the former? I don't think any Arkane fan was optimistic when the Redfall trailer first came out
Bethesda said Arkane helped them develop Fallout 76. idSoft helped them develop Fallout 4. So Bethesda do bring in their vassal studios to work on flagship projects.
And if the quality of the vassal's work is poor, then their contribution to the flagship might also be poor. Its not a completely unrelated company.

But yes, I agree that extrapolating here isn't sensible, least of all because the two very different genres of game, and because they use different engine and have different tolerances for glitches.

All of AAA releases for 2023 have been broken at launch

whydoibother

Arcane
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut

All of AAA releases for 2023 have been broken at launch
In the last decade, since everyone went online and has fast internet connections, and "games as a service" became a thing, have there been even 10 major releases without bugs? All I can think of is Half Life Alyx and Sekiro. So its not a 2023 problem.
And has there EVER been a Bethesda related game release without bugs?

copebot

Learned
I downloaded this on Gamepass. It feels like a student project that had too many resources shoved into it. If this had been a lower fidelity, co-op, free-to-play, and a mobile game, people would have overlooked a lot of its problems, and indeed it would not even be something that people were talking about.

Zlaja

Arcane
The game throws ammo resupplies at you at every turn, so scrounging for resources is never incentivized nor feels rewarding

I fucking despise this shit. Totally ruined games like Far Cry 3 & 4 for me.

No, please don't ruin my beloved Prey!! STAY OUT.

It's a shame, because Prey is a pretty solid core that really needs some reworking of many aspects of it's gameplay, especially in the second half, to really be a masterpiece. It's definitely a good contender for a well-thought out remake.

Of course, knowing Arkane now, they would just slap on some screen effects, change Morgan to be black, and call it a new and improved version. And of course it would be a buggy mess with horrible performance.

There's only one game called Prey and it sure as fuck wasn't made by Arkane.

Are you kidding? The original Prey may have had some charm in things like it's portals, but it played like a very bog-standard undercooked FPS and the fact that they couldn't even get death mechanics right made me quit after a few minutes. You're free to like it, but to claim it's better than the new Prey or that the new Prey is so bad to the point of denying it's existence is delusional. Please get some better takes.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom