Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter SKALD: Against the Black Priory - retro RPG inspired by Ultima

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
What class did you guys go with? I chose Hospitaller.

So far, so good. Not much to complain about. Impressions will have to wait until I have more hours under my belt.

Sacibengala

Prophet
Bought the GOG Deluxe edition. As I doubted this was ever be released in a good state and judging by the reviews, I think I owed it to the devs (but they took their time, that's for sure).

What class did you guys go with? I chose Hospitaller.

So far, so good. Not much to complain about. Impressions will have to wait until I have more hours under my belt.
First Hospitaller, then decided to change to Champion. More the Paladin-type I guess. First two hours have been delightful. Great storytelling, strong atmosphere and good dialogues so far.
But why is the game called Skald if there isn't a Skald-character (bard like) class?

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Probably a Nordic thing.

Might something with the name will make sense later on.

Fargus

Arcane
I've got one too. Totally legit:

E6AL0-3AVL1-P1D0R
Give it to Krivol for fairness or hide it under spoiler, otherwise bots will use it instantly.

I've got plenty, here are some more:

BH34D-4LLZ3-N1GGZ
K1LL5-UMF4G-G0T5S
G4ZZT-H3K1K-3SN40
Dream Daddy and Bastard Bonds! Thx bro.

Sorry you didn't get "Coming Out On Top". Some co-dexer really skilled in ninjutsu claimed it before you.

Modron

Arcane
So what are the backgrounds that the reinforcement pack adds and what do they add?

Ryzer

Arcane
So what are the backgrounds that the reinforcement pack adds and what do they add?
Backgrounds with different colors, more font styles, more customization, that's it. Nostalgia mode with classic UI / also dice animation.
It's basically a support the dev pack.
Base game = full game.

Ryzer

Arcane

The pixel art is top notch.

It's good but I've seen some meh areas which can be improved (the hands for example
Skald-Against-The-Black-Priory-Screenshot-2024-05-30-21-50-14-75.png
Pirate hands look weird compared to Mercenaries hands
)
The nostalgia UI is Ultima 4's UI put into the game.
I played for 20 minutes and did not see time passing, time flies with this game.

Machocruz

Arcane
Definitely going to buy this over the weekend, sale or not. Been waiting on this for years, going to be my next main game. A shorter , quality jaunt will be a blessing after the past few years of survival-crafting games that you have to no-life to make decent progress in. And the Ultima formula is still one of the best ever devised for crpgs.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
Gaem gud so far. If it keeps the same quality throughout its run, there's something special here.

It's nice being optimistic for once.

:thumbsup:

notpl

Arbiter
Sounds like I'm buying this and blowing through it tomorrow.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
What classes are you all playing?

I ran a pure mage. Most of the time I stood back and nuked with fire, or just worn down enemies with magic missiles.

Lyre Mors

Arcane
Bought! Congrats on the release SkaldRPG. I know you probably won't see this, as you've long since fled this den of villainy, but I'm glad it sounds like this was worth the wait, and that it seems to already be a smashing success. You followed your dream and made it happen. Now get to work on a bigger and even better one!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom