Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter SKALD: Against the Black Priory - retro RPG inspired by Ultima

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
What class did you guys go with? I chose Hospitaller.

So far, so good. Not much to complain about. Impressions will have to wait until I have more hours under my belt.

What classes are you all playing?

I ran a pure mage. Most of the time I stood back and nuked with fire, or just worn down enemies with magic missiles.

Sacibengala

Prophet

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
I'm a fire-focused battle magos.

Seems to be somewhat weak at lower levels, but I'll stick with it and see if the more advanced spells are better.

Lyre Mors

Arcane
Everyone playing on Hard difficulty? Read the game poses a very nice challenge on it.

uzimahmood

Barely Literate
Playing as a ranger: is there a way to learn spells (e.g. scrolls / spellbooks / teachers / etc),or do you just get spells when you put points into skill? In the ranger's case it's nature magic.

Strange Fellow

Peculiar
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Everyone playing on Hard difficulty? Read the game poses a very nice challenge on it.
Playing custom with all dice-fudging turned off. I don't like dice-fudging. If it turns out to be too easy without dice-fudging I'll probably turn it back to Hard (and be disappointed).

Incognito

Backlog incliner
Patron
What classes are you all playing?

I ran a pure mage. Most of the time I stood back and nuked with fire, or just worn down enemies with magic missiles.

Started an hour ago with an Officer. Impressed with the game. Quality shit.

Rephyrnomicon

Novice
Started as battlemagos on hard, focusing on fire magic. Definitely tough battles through the first couple of hours since I dumped everything into talking all nice and shit, but it’s a very solid game so far. I think there’s something here.

AdolfSatan

Arcane
Yeah, I just fired it for a test run and combat screen is a spastic mess. Gave the hierophant a shot but the spells and buffs look pretty boring, might restart with a warrior class.

/E fwiw, if you’re on Windows, activating the greyscale or tritanopia filters improves the screen’s readability quite noticeably. That’s how botched the color palette is.

Last edited:

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Is there any documentation about this game anywhere? Like a spells list, etc.

It's clunky mucking around with chargen to have a look, especially since you can't go back a screen, so every time I actually have to start a game over and then abort it after checking out the feats screen.

pakoito

Arcane
Patron
What's the combat like? Is there any meat to the encounters, or is it at least aggressively skippable? Does it have puzzles too, or just CYOA scenes?

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Playing custom with all dice-fudging turned off. I don't like dice-fudging. If it turns out to be too easy without dice-fudging I'll probably turn it back to Hard (and be disappointed).

Wait, dice-fudging is turned on on hard? That's disappointing

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom