Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

RPG Codex Let's Play Database (3rd Edition)

Kz3r0

Arcane
Nevill

"Hyborian Age" by Kz3r0 is wrongly listed in "Let's Plays" as well as "CYOA".
Also it was sadly :( not "Completed"...
I need some vote and I will update then.:M

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Ongoing: Final Fantasy XAT, Final Fantasy 35, and Longway by Crooked Bee

Join Crooked Bee as she drives a tank to save the world in Final Fantasy XAT, witnesses the breath-taking evolution of the Final Fantasy series in FF 35, and eats the cookies she was supposed to deliver to Scott the Idiot's grandmother in Longway -- three games that share the same theme of eating and drinking things in the imaginative yet so familiar world of fan-made Final Fantasy games.

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Changes to the LP section:
Sengoku Rance by Lestat, continued by Whiskeywolf - moved to Broken. :(

Changes to CYOAs:
Test-Run (Multiplayer) by treave - moved to Completed

Nevill

Arcane

Nevill

Arcane
Planet Alcatraz by MotherMachinae - moved to Completed

Denim Demon wrote a CYOA Press tool, which takes all of the author's posts and puts them on a single page for a more comfortable read. The CYOAs that were put through this tool are now denoted in the database with a corresponding link.

Changes to the Let's Read section:
Fallout: New Vegas - All Roads by lightbane - added to Completed
Pluto by lightbane - added to Abandoned

Last edited:

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
It was a good decision to move this into your hands, Nevill, you are doing a great job with the thread. Hopefully, your enthusiasm will not wane (too fast). :salute:

The new layout is cool, although I would still remove the spoiler tag for completed LPs - it is a pain in the ass to click it every time I visit. ;)

Nevill

Arcane
The new layout is cool, although I would still remove the spoiler tag for completed LPs - it is a pain in the ass to click it every time I visit. ;)
I get where you are coming from, but then there will be people who would consider it a pain in the ass to scroll to other sections they are interested in. I know I did. :)

Nevill

Arcane

Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor by Neku - moved to Abandoned.
Swords and Serpents by ForeverdarkWoods - moved to Abandoned
Tunnels & Trolls: Crusaders of Khazan by Crooked Bee - moved to Abandoned
Wizardry VI: Bane of the Cosmic Forge by stabby - moved to Abandoned

Conquest of the Longbow by Sceptic - moved to Completed

Nobunaga's Ambition: Sphere of Influence by RK47 - added to Ongoing
Megatek by JohnTheRevelator - added to Ongoing
Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri PBEM Game 5 - added to Ongoing
Xenonauts (Ironman) by Ulminati - added to Ongoing

Dungeon Siege by Jackalope - moved to Dead on Arrival. :rpgcodex:

Last edited:

Nevill

Arcane
Somewhat conflicted about Cassidy's LPs.

Completed:
Civilization III by Cassidy (about 20% of images are missing all over the place. Alpha Centauri part abandoned)
Hearts of Iron 2 by Cassidy (a fair amount of images are missing)

Abandoned:
Alpha Protocol by Cassidy (a fair amount of missing images, especially towards the beginning)
Hearts of Iron 2: Fallout Mod by Cassidy (a fair amount of missing images)
Victoria 2 by Cassidy (a fair amount of missing images)
Alpha Protocol might be hard to read in places, since, for example, conversation were done with screenshots and some of those didn't survive. However, these LPs are good stuff - better than most. They are kind of borked, but are they borked enough to warrant a one-way trip to the Broken category?

One thing I am certain of, though, is that Imageshack.us is a bad hosting choice for LPs.

Nevill

Arcane
Dominions 4: EA Helheim by Grimwulf - added to Ongoing
Dominions 4: LA Bogarus by Grimwulf - added to Ongoing

Absolutely amazing stuff. No one appreciates strategy games quite like the glorious Vatniks. :salute:

ADOM by empi - moved to Completed. It is as complete as it will ever be.
Nobunaga's Ambition: Sphere of Influence by RK47 - moved to Completed.

Not sure about the Dangerous High School Girls in Trouble by Crooked Bee. It is listed in Completed, yet it is obviously abandoned. Should I move it there?

The border separating a Completed LP from an Abandoned one is not very obvious.

Last edited:

Nevill

Arcane
Call of Cthulhu: Shadow Of The Comet by ghostdog - moved to Broken. :(
Dragon Age: Origins - Awakening by DarthBehemoth - moved to Broken
Weird Worlds by Multi-headed Cow - moved to Broken

Judge Dreadd by Stereotypical Villain - added to Completed

Changes to the CYOA section:
Detention Delving (CYOA) by Cheesecake - added to Ongoing
Lordship: A Suggestion Game by Gobblecock - added to Ongoing

I am gradually backing up certain LPs. Too many were lost due to poor hosting choices, and even the ones that are featured in the Completed section are sometimes missing a good chunk of images. I will mark the ones I keep locally with a '*' symbol for a while, until I am done sorting them out. If this is bothering anyone, I can probably remove the extra symbols and keep the list locally as well.

Last edited:

Nevill

Arcane
Changes to the Completed and Ongoing LP Sections:

Alea Jacta Est by Agesilaus - added to Ongoing
The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind by abnaxus - added to Ongoing

The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind by dibens - moved to Abandoned
The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind by Ivar the Boner - moved to Abandoned

Archimedean Destiny by spekkio - moved to Broken, Salvageable. Images are all safe, but all mission videos that were uploaded to mediafire are now unavailable.
Civilization III by Cassidy - moved to Broken, Salvageable
Dangerous Waters by overtenemy - moved to Broken, Salvageable
Elvira by Black Cat - moved to Broken, Salvageable
Elvira 2 by Black Cat - moved to Broken, Salvageable
Fallout Tactics by spekkio - moved to Broken, Salvageable. spekkio moved to another hosting for mission 16 and up, and subsequently lost the images after it became unavailable.
Hearts of Iron 2 by Cassidy - moved to Broken, Salvageable
Hellgate: London by Kingston - moved to Broken, Beyond Repair
Jagged Alliance by chzr - moved to Broken, Beyond Repair
Kingdoms of Amalur (Demo) by DarthBehemoth - moved to Broken, Beyond Repair
Odin Sphere by spekkio - moved to Broken, Salvageable
Prelude to Darkness by Fezzik - moved to Broken, Salvageable

Let's unban Andyman Messiah! staged by DarkUnderlord - moved to WTF

Thinking of a separate section where I could list LPs that are not completely broken, but that are a bit hard to follow due to damage. Ideally, the completed LPs should be reserved for stuff that is 100% readable.

I am also trying to sort the mess that is the Abandoned section. For now, I have set a target of 3 updates as a guideline of whether or not an LP is considered 'Vapourware', e.g. if it shoud belong to the "Didn't really take off" section.

Changes to the Abandoned LP Section:

Neverwinter Nights: A Dance with Rogues by RK47 - moved to Completed. First part of the module is done, might as well move it there.

Arcanum: Of Steamworks and Magick Obscura by Shota Shernokavich - moved to Broken, Beyond Repair
Armageddon Empires by Disconnected - moved to Broken, Beyond Repair
Avernum 4 by ElectricOtter - moved to Broken, Beyond Repair
Curse of the Azure Bonds by oldmanpaco - moved to Broken, Beyond Repair
Disgaea by Cenobyte - moved to Broken, Beyond Repair
Divine Divinity by Machined Plate Man - moved to Broken, Beyond Repair
Final Fantasy VI by GarfunkeL - moved to Broken, Beyond Repair. :( It was an awesome LP, too.
Fountain of Dreams by mirrorshades - moved to Broken, Beyond Repair
Heroes of Jin Yong by MisterStone - moved to Broken, Beyond Repair
Merlinda's Icewind Dale 2 Mod by Rohit_N - moved to Broken, Beyond Repair
Mystic Quest by Radisshu - moved to Broken, Beyond Repair
Neverwinter Nights 2 - Bishop Romance mod by Vaarna_Aarne - moved to Broken, Beyond Repair
Neverwinter Nights 2: Storm of Zehir by DarthBehemoth - moved to Broken, Beyond Repair
Nox by Dire Roach - moved to Broken, Beyond Repair

Alpha Protocol by Cassidy - moved to Broken, Salvageable
Bloodnet by ghostdog - moved to Broken, Salvageable
Hearts of Iron 2: Fallout Mod by Cassidy - moved to Broken, Salvageable
Victoria 2 by Cassidy - moved to Broken, Salvageable

Betrayal at Krondor by Suchy - moved to Vapourware
(Una)Bomberman 64 by Edward_R_Murrow - moved to Vapourware
Doom (the roguelike) by 7hm - moved to Vapourware
Do You Like Horny Bunnies? (Hentai Restaurant Simulator) by sportforredneck - moved to Vapourware. A bit of showcasing, and that was it.
Dragon Wars by Zoidstar - moved to Vapourware
Eye of the Beholder by Topher - moved to Vapourware
Hinterland by Ashery - moved to Vapourware
Icewind Dale by Aegeri - moved to Vapourware
Jagged Alliance 2 by ironyuri - moved to Vapourware - there were 4 updates, but he only took Drassen before abandoning the LP.
Might and Magic VI - The Chaos Conspiracy by theverybigslayer - moved to Vapourware. This was supposed to be a mod review/LP, but there are just a few screenshots/comments and that's it.
Miss Popularity by JarlFrank - moved to Vapourware. I suppose two updates were enough to see what kind of game it was. :lol:
Murders in Space by SCO - moved to Vapourware. All images are missing, too, making it a Broken one as well. However, it looks - well, sounds - interesting enough that I didn't move it straight to the Graveyard.
Neverwinter Nights 2: Mask of the Betrayer by Lumpy/Nerve Gas/Pastel - moved to Vapourware. This one has barely started, with 3 screenshots in total.

Fabled Lands by Jaime Lannister - moved under Abandoned CYOAs

Hardboiled Sakata by spekkio - added to Completed.

Edit: my Chrome is acting up. Sometimes it does not display images, even though it should. I will double-check all the LPs I marked as 'Broken' to make sure it's not just me seeing things.

Edit2: screw it, spekkio's Fallout Tactics LP was the last straw. I have introduced 3 separate categories of brokenness - for salvageable LPs, completed and abandoned, and for those that are beyond repair.

The question remains, do we want the 'beyond repair' section at all? There are some legit LPs there, but most of the stuff is of the 'abandoned on page 2' kind. Perhaps it might be worth it to clean it up.

At least the "didn't take off" section shows off something from the game, a genre or a few screenshots - I can see the value in that.

Changes to the Broken LP section:

Hearts of Iron 2: Modern Day Scenario (Libya) by Cassidy - moved to Broken, Salvageable (abandoned)
Sengoku Rance by Lestat (images missing), continued by Whiskeywolf - restored back to Completed
X-COM 2 - Terror from the Deep started by GarfunkeL, finished by Orgasm - moved to Broken, Salvageable (completed)

Edit3: spekkio says his Fallout Tactics and Odin's Sphere LPs are backed up on his HDD. Excellent.

Last edited:

Nevill

Arcane
Fallout Tactics by spekkio is moved back to Completed, since there is a backup copy readily available. If only more people kept such copies.

I hope we will be able to restore Odin Sphere next.

Edit: done! :happytrollboy:

Last edited:

Baron Dupek

Arcane
You were right. Seems like I choosed poorly and minus . com is borking more and more images in my LPs. Thank goodness next one will go into imgur (or do you have another reliable?).
Not sure if worth going into Broken...
I'm gonna do something with it (i.e. throw them all to my imgur account).

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom